Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: Yeti build and issues with front universals/diff coupling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2016, 08:43 AM   #1

Default Yeti build and issues with front universals/diff coupling

Hello

My friend bought the Score truck as his first rig/build. The issue we are having is that unless we run 15ish degrees of camber with a little toe out the universals simply do not appear long enough. We have had the entire front end apart 3-4 times and double checked that things were where the manual said they had to be. If we set the turnbuckles to what the manual says its is more like 20-25 degrees camber with a lot of toe out. I have looked all over the web and have not seen anything about this kind of problem. Anyone have any ideas on something stupid that I might have missed or is it possible that he got a some badly formed parts? We ordered 94mm universals but I am not sure they will fix the problem and I do not think it should of been necessary.

Thanks in advance
Ryan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2016, 12:01 PM   #2

Default Re: Yeti build and issues with front universals/diff coupling

You could try a short piece of fuel tube in the diff cups to stop the shaft moving in and out so much.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
Rdkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 03:23 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Did you Check the gap between the Two rod ends, steering 60mm turnbuckle should be 38mm and chamber 55mm 38.5mm. 25° chamber sounds way to muuch for me.

sent by magic_yeti
magic_yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 03:53 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Do you have the inner bearings in the knuckles? Stupid question but Ive seen it before...
DeviledEggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 08:15 PM   #5

When the steering and camber links are set to what the manual calls for the truck has a lot of toe out and the camber is in that 25ish range. By adjusting everything out to where the cvd's are just long enough to make a decent couple I can just about get rid of the toe out and the camber drops down to 15 or so. Inner bearing are in and I have had it apart at least 3 times to check that the diff was built properly all the pins and clamps seemed to be where they were supposed to be and the mesh felt right. The pin's and hexes on the CVD's are just on the outside of the hub and seem to form a good fit. Maybe Axial had a bad run of parts or something I am at a loss, will try the 94mm CVD's if that doesnt cure it, back to Axial it goes.
Old 08-21-2016, 08:21 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Have you double checked the knuckles and carriers are on their respective sides?
DeviledEggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 09:28 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Sounds like the same problem I had after installing the Axial front locker. I didn't realized that these rubber bumpstops were in the original dog bone cups... Axial Racing - Axial Racing
the axle would slip about 1/4" without them and make it mostly undrivable. Well, I tried to drive it. It didn't last long, dog bones popped out and destroyed the plastic parts. You might make sure they are in both cups by the differential. Page 19 of the instructions shows them.

Last edited by Mtnkid; 08-21-2016 at 09:32 PM.
Mtnkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 08:56 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeviledEggs View Post
Have you double checked the knuckles and carriers are on their respective sides?
He flip flopped the Knuckles can not believe I missed that thank you!

Yeti build and issues with front universals/diff coupling - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
yeti kit build issues - front diff littlebuddha Axial Yeti 5 04-18-2017 03:17 AM
Yeti kit front differential issues OhioSuperSport Axial Yeti 14 01-26-2015 09:02 AM
Yeti XL Front Diff Binding relay1 Axial Yeti XL 2 11-23-2014 09:06 AM