Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: Yati Jr Joint Axle Keeps Popping Out

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2019, 09:11 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Yati Jr Joint Axle Keeps Popping Out

The front left / driver side universal joint axle keeps popping out of the differential output ...

Any ideas how to fix this? Does that differential output look warn out to you? Also, there seems there is a lot more play with the joint axle in the steering knuckle on this side than on the other side. But I am not sure why that is.

Thanks for any advice.
the.ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2019, 10:59 AM   #2

Default Re: Yati Jr Joint Axle Keeps Popping Out

I was having the same problem. I’m not sure which bag I found these white bits in but they slide over the outputs and seem to lock the axle in and I haven’t had an axle pop out since. There are similar in black in parts bag AX31509 but I stress I haven’t tried them specifically.

MT-Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 07:08 PM   #3

The part that keeps the drive cup from being torqued open by the dog bone is called an "output support sleeve" and it comes in the differential output set (AX31509).

How do I get this to stay put around the drive cup? It fits loosely and slides off onto the axle. I've tried securing it with epoxy but used too much and gummed up a set of bearings.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
rmpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 08:59 PM   #4

I forgot to add that mine is also the Can Am Maverick version of the Yeti Jr. although I don't think that matters. It could account for the white and black versions of the same part.

Old 11-03-2019, 02:26 PM   #5

Well, what I ended up doing was using a screwdriver to flare each side of the drive cup a little bit so that when I slipped the sleeve over it, there was some friction to hold it in place. Then I put two small dabs of CA glue on the inside of the sleeve (one on each side) and pressed it firmly onto the end of the drive cup. It was still easy to get the dog bone inside the drive cup with the sleeve in place.

The next day I took it outside and my kids beat on it pretty hard with the brushless motor and the outdrives were bulletproof! So much so in fact that they stripped out the front diff and snapped the drive cup for the rear drive shaft. Lol.

Anyway, if you need to fix this problem once and for all and don't feel like locking your front diff and making the thing almost undrivable, this is the way to do it.

Old 05-04-2020, 11:51 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmpage View Post
Well, what I ended up doing was using a screwdriver to flare each side of the drive cup a little bit so that when I slipped the sleeve over it, there was some friction to hold it in place. Then I put two small dabs of CA glue on the inside of the sleeve (one on each side) and pressed it firmly onto the end of the drive cup. It was still easy to get the dog bone inside the drive cup with the sleeve in place.

The next day I took it outside and my kids beat on it pretty hard with the brushless motor and the outdrives were bulletproof! So much so in fact that they stripped out the front diff and snapped the drive cup for the rear drive shaft. Lol.

Anyway, if you need to fix this problem once and for all and don't feel like locking your front diff and making the thing almost undrivable, this is the way to do it.

Brushless+ stock front diff always= fail from what i have heard. i dont have the problem because im not brushless
original yeti jr page Yeti Jr. upgrades
Lugnutt is offline   Reply With Quote

Yati Jr Joint Axle Keeps Popping Out - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
u-joint popping out of driveshaft TxCruzr General Crawlers 20 01-28-2017 03:40 PM
U-joint falling off of axle housing crawlerpat Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 0 05-26-2013 03:05 PM
Brazing help! Adding to existing joint? Joint Repair? Propane Tools, and Procedures 10 11-20-2011 10:19 PM
U-joint popping out of driveshadt yoke. ComingApart General Crawlers 11 09-30-2007 09:26 PM
Rear axle popping-axle gear mis-alignment. 034x4 General Crawlers 6 09-18-2005 08:55 PM