TEAM RCC

thanks man we need afew more comp sites
bcrofts is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2009, 09:30 PM   #122
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluc10 View Post
I was thinking that even if everyone cant make it maybe some of us could gtg and try to find new spots and post pic. of that day. To try to find new spots to comp. If anyone wants to crawl let me know Im down to crawl any time.
That's why i keep a camera in my backpack! That's a good idea, though, I'd like to try a little day trip to Cloverdale, once the weather mellows out.Hope to see everybody on Thursday for the meeting.
brokennib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:32 PM   #123
Pebble Pounder

Cloverdale would be great, good idea Chris. Im ready anytime.
bluc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:38 PM   #124
RCC Addict

You know, there might be some good spots just north of Cloverdale off the 101 along the river.

I remember going swimming up there years ago and there are some area's with lots of cliffs and rocks... not too sure about parking though...
BigB_117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:45 PM   #125
Rock Crawler

Here's some pics I took last summer off of 101, I cant remember the name of the rock, but you cant miss it. I think Tim was a little north of there, but there's some pretty impressive spots.

Old 01-25-2009, 09:49 PM   #126
RCC Addict

Nice shots!

That looks a lot like the area I remember. I remember we parked on a turnout up by the freeway and hiked down to the river.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:56 PM   #127
Rock Crawler

Yeah, it's a cool location but a pretty steep trail down to the river.... although the trail itself could be a course.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:09 PM   #128
RCC Addict

Everyone please keep an eye out for possible comp/crawler spots. Everyone's help is needed in this department. Under the 101 is awesome, but we need to switch it up if possible.

We were back out at Spring Lake over the weekend, darn those Rangers and their rules! There's some spots that I'm sure we could make some sweet courses, tons of rocks and for sure awesome spots for a scale gtg ... But, it's off limits (at least for now).

So, please keep looking everyone! Something's bound to turn up! I'd hate to have to travel to Sac. or S.F. to host one of our "local" NBRCC comps ... There's just gotta be more spots around here!
JPH Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:11 PM   #129
RCC Addict

I was thinking the other day that we should find someone who owns a rock quary that's closed on weekends and bribe them into letting us use it as a comp site...

New comp entry fee: 1 six pack of beer for bribe's. lol.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:39 PM   #130
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH Racing View Post
Everyone please keep an eye out for possible comp/crawler spots. Everyone's help is needed in this department. Under the 101 is awesome, but we need to switch it up if possible.

We were back out at Spring Lake over the weekend, darn those Rangers and their rules! There's some spots that I'm sure we could make some sweet courses, tons of rocks and for sure awesome spots for a scale gtg ... But, it's off limits (at least for now).

So, please keep looking everyone! Something's bound to turn up! I'd hate to have to travel to Sac. or S.F. to host one of our "local" NBRCC comps ... There's just gotta be more spots around here!
I hear ya, the 101 is not only local, but a little better for winter weather.(could'nt ask for a bigger roof!)maby we can get some more brainstorming at the meeting, but we could be setting some pretty high standards here..... not every location is going to have restrooms, easy access to a McDonalds, and parking for 500. We are talking about rocks here, and not every location is going to be perfect, is all I'm saying. Heck, we could settle for a decent backyard by spring, who knows?
Old 01-25-2009, 11:25 PM   #131
TEAM RCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jph racing View Post
everyone please keep an eye out for possible comp/crawler spots. Everyone's help is needed in this department. Under the 101 is awesome, but we need to switch it up if possible.

We were back out at spring lake over the weekend, darn those rangers and their rules! There's some spots that i'm sure we could make some sweet courses, tons of rocks and for sure awesome spots for a scale gtg ... But, it's off limits (at least for now).

So, please keep looking everyone! Something's bound to turn up! I'd hate to have to travel to sac. Or s.f. To host one of our "local" nbrcc comps ... There's just gotta be more spots around here!
s.f is the same time and miles for most people it would be nice to keep it local but i dont think thats going to happen.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:55 AM   #132
RCC Addict

Well Crawler guys and gals, I think it's time to open this up for some discussion. Now, I know that a large majority of our local crawlers do not read the threads or post up, but maybe we can get some feedback going?

How far would you travel for a NBRCC comp? Would you go to Folsom? Would you go to Frisco? Would you go to Cloverdale? Lakeport? etc ... Do you like the idea of our comps being held out of our area? Do you like so many questions!?!

Anyway, please post up your thoughts or shoot me an e-mail. I'll also ask when guys com in to the shop!

Please don't forget about the meeting on Thursday night! Bring in your rigs!
Old 01-27-2009, 02:00 PM   #133
RCC Addict

Erik: 3 Racing winches are here!
Old 01-27-2009, 04:23 PM   #134
TEAM RCC

Glad you posted that about the comp stuff thanks jake
Old 01-27-2009, 05:56 PM   #135
Rock Stacker

Jake I have a pusibel spot for scale if not a comp. I've run out that a few times. It's out whee I Werk. Need to git some one to take a look befor I werk on gitting the OK from camand. It's a vary big rock formation. No pics with out the OK from camand.
SAINTLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 06:16 PM   #136
Pebble Pounder

Default Local Crawling Spots

I would drive to the coast or north to Cloverdale. I would say any place in a 30 mile radius. For better or worse it seems like some of the best facilities for crawling in Sonoma County(with parking and bathrooms) are in a regional park. I am picking up an annual Regional Park Pass this week $60 because I crawl up at Crane Creek Regional Park about twice a week so it will pay for itself pretty quick. I used to work for the Regional Parks and from what I recall - they have a bunch of good crawling spots within the county.

Foothill Park in Windsor, Hood Mountain, Spring Lake, Maybe Helen Putnam Park in Petaluma?
lwarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 06:52 PM   #137
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwarc View Post
I would drive to the coast or north to Cloverdale. I would say any place in a 30 mile radius. For better or worse it seems like some of the best facilities for crawling in Sonoma County(with parking and bathrooms) are in a regional park. I am picking up an annual Regional Park Pass this week $60 because I crawl up at Crane Creek Regional Park about twice a week so it will pay for itself pretty quick. I used to work for the Regional Parks and from what I recall - they have a bunch of good crawling spots within the county.

Foothill Park in Windsor, Hood Mountain, Spring Lake, Maybe Helen Putnam Park in Petaluma?
Just watch out for ranger's and hide your rig in a backpack..
Old 01-27-2009, 08:00 PM   #138
RCC Addict

Thomas: Please give me a call when you get a chance, got a couple questions for you. 707-586-3375
Old 01-27-2009, 08:51 PM   #139
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH Racing View Post
Well Crawler guys and gals, I think it's time to open this up for some discussion. Now, I know that a large majority of our local crawlers do not read the threads or post up, but maybe we can get some feedback going?

How far would you travel for a NBRCC comp? Would you go to Folsom? Would you go to Frisco? Would you go to Cloverdale? Lakeport? etc ... Do you like the idea of our comps being held out of our area? Do you like so many questions!?!

Anyway, please post up your thoughts or shoot me an e-mail. I'll also ask when guys com in to the shop!

Please don't forget about the meeting on Thursday night! Bring in your rigs!
Would you eat green eggs and ham, would you eat them in a...

Sorry, your questions reminded me of my favourite childhood book.

What is there at Anadel? I've ridden my MTB a little there and rember a rocky trail but I wasn't thinking RC when I was there.
dpdsurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:38 PM   #140
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpdsurf View Post
Would you eat green eggs and ham, would you eat them in a...

Sorry, your questions reminded me of my favourite childhood book.

What is there at Anadel? I've ridden my MTB a little there and rember a rocky trail but I wasn't thinking RC when I was there.
Green Eggs and Ham! Yummy!

There's some great looking stuff around Anadel, But .... the rangers say r/c cars are welcome to run anywhere full size cars go. But, not anywhere else!

Do you still ride? The rocky trail is called Rough-Go, we could have abn awesome scale trail run on hat trial! Bottom to top and back again. (Actually, that's a great idea Erik!) Just gotta watch out for the MTN bikers zooming down the path.