Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: santa cruz anyone?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2010, 01:56 PM   #21

yeah, I saw more people parking furthur down at the steep short cut, but I had my kids with me and we all did not have good shoes. Next time I would have to fly solo with my hiking shoes and my summit. There are a couple more steep trails I saw while walking allong the tracks with tempting rock patches at the river.
Yeah, had a couple spectators at the water hole. to the right was kind of difficult, and to the left looked very hard, but I didn't go any further because there was alot of people there.
crawlitreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2010, 12:25 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Nice! I like that place a lot as well. Down by the river it seemed to be more for a comp rig but those trails leading in/out are great for scale rigs. I know there are many places I still need to explore there so if you are going post the place and time.

If any of you on the coast have never been to Bean Hollow State beach, you need to make that a destination. It's like you are wheeling on mars!!! Hours and hours of driving to do. Only bummer is that you have to go through the rig as soon as you get home to clean any salt water off/out of the rig. the puddles in the rocks are all salt water....

CH
CruiserHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:52 PM   #23

Thats it..... It's too hot. Heading out to bean hollow Sunday late morning for a couple of hours or so. I'm going to start a nor cal coastline crawl spot thread soon.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:43 PM   #24
Rock Stacker

im likeing the coast thread. lets do it. i can think of three good spots ill be including. And now that i just purhased a smartphone rcc will be right in my pocket
FullScaleDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:10 PM   #25

RIGHT ON! just don't go to bonny dune beach, figured it out the hard way. Good thing my wife and kids stayed in the car while I went there to check it out.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:20 PM   #26
Rock Stacker

Ya but if you would have driven up bonny doon road away from the beach... well maybe ill just cruise up there tomorrow before work so i can show instead of tell.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:03 AM   #27
Pebble Pounder

Scotts Valley checkin in

I will be looking for spots, also taking rock donations for courses I am building in my backyard.

Dave
2Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 01:23 PM   #28
Rock Stacker

I just found a decent scotts valley spot yesterday. I think ill put it in the south bay thread. Oh and there is a decent size pile of broken up concrete. Off the side oh mt hermon rd. Its on the right hand side on the big downhill if you are driving from felton towards sv. If you want help poaching some chunks of it pm me.
Old 07-24-2010, 02:09 PM   #29
Pebble Pounder

Not sure if this will work, but here goes.
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en...,0.178356&z=13
I have quite a bit of rocks in my yard and a crawling track that goes through a creek. No MOA for the track cause you have to go through 1" of water. But its super fun to have shafty KOH style races.
No, I didn't put my private crawling on the map.
PM if you would like to check it out.

Last edited by crawlerpillar; 07-24-2010 at 02:14 PM.
crawlerpillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 02:26 PM   #30
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlitreal View Post
RIGHT ON! just don't go to bonny dune beach, figured it out the hard way. Good thing my wife and kids stayed in the car while I went there to check it out.

Are you talking about the beach at coast road? Cause that is where i have found way more than I was looking for.
Or the one directly across from Bonny Doon Rd.? I haven't seen anything offensive there.
crawlerpillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 03:20 AM   #31

good thing I didn't stop at the coast rd beach too! seems to be popular, the parking areas for those beaches were packed.

at the beach where Bonny dune ends is what i was talking about. It is split into 2 sections. To the left is a regular beach, to the right, behind the cliff wall is the nude section. The cliff wall had a little bit of good rocks though, maybe someone could tape a camera to their rig, he he just kidding! I don't think nothing prettier than the rocks are there.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:17 PM   #32
Rock Stacker

ya. Plenty. Of nudists up there. Im going down past the goe in about an hour. Pm me if your interested