RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   California (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/)
-   -   Sacramento Scaler GTG/Comps (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/california/263495-sacramento-scaler-gtg-comps.html)

brokennib 01-20-2011 10:50 AM

Wow, i'm sorry I missed this one, mayby next time, great pics!

fvrr 01-20-2011 02:27 PM

G6 rules

Here are the rules for G6 from parker in another post for the guys I was out with yesterday and a friend called today asking about the rules so here they are.

Folsom will have a 2.2 class so disregard the wheel rule. Not sure on the dig if it needs to be disconnected but I didn't see a need for it last weekend.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showp...4&postcount=15

What is the Nevada G6 Challenge?

The Nevada G6 Challenge is an r/c 4x4 scale rally with several mandatory skills sections. The G6 will challenge the scale r/c drivers driving ability, winching skills and/or recovery skills, navigational prowess, and the rig durability.

The G6 is a cross between rally, European truck trials, and the KOH with a dash of Camel Trophy adventure.

What is the R.E.C.O.N. G6 Challenge format?

The G6 format is designed for maximum driving time and fun, but at the same time embraces the spirit of competition.

R.E.C.O.N. G6 Driver Guidelines:

Scale vehicle requirements:

1. Must be 1/10 scale electric car/truck with a scale chassis. (No 2.2 comp chassis with a scale body) A scale chassis could be a MSD or a RC4WD or an Axial SCX-10 chassis.

2. 1.9 or 1.55 wheels and tires ONLY! Tire may be name brand or knock offs, just as long as they resemble the real thing.

3. Vehicle must have at least 5 scale accessories. (I.e. jerry can, bed roll, cooler, shovel, winch, rock lights, ect.) This requirement may vary from G6 to G6 depending on what the event requires.

4. NO rear steer and NO dig. A vehicle may have 4x4 or 2x4 capabilities.

5. A vehicle must have a tow strap and winch points. (I.e. Bumper, D-rings, ect.)

R.E.C.O.N. G6 Stage Format:

When a driver starts a stage, he/she is competing against the clock. A driver must navigate thru the stage gates in the order they are numbered and between the gates, even if winching is required. A time penalty is given for hitting a gate or a boundary. A stage is completed when the driver crosses the finish line.

1. 2 to 4 driving stages with multiple mandatory skills sections in each stage.

2. Finishing order will be determined by the over all accumulative adjusted time of all the driving stages. For teams, all the times of the team drivers will be added together. Team drivers are all eligible for the overall award.

3. Time bonuses are earned by completing the mandatory skills sections cleanly. If a driver has to winch or hits a boundary or a gate marker, a time bonus will not be awarded and the driver still has to finish the bonus stage.

4. Stages can range in distance. Battery changes may be performed as needed on a stage. If a driver has only one battery and cannot complete the stage, the driver must leave the rig at the location on the stage while the battery is being charged. If the rig is removed from the stage then a DNF will be recorded and the max time given to that driver for the stage.

5 Once a stage has been started by the driver; the time will not stop until the driver has crossed the finish line. This includes repairs on course and in the pit. When the last driver to start a stage crosses the finish line, the stage is closed, if a driver is still on the stage when the stage closes, that driver will receive a DNF and given the max time for the stage.

6. No repairs or battery changes can be made during a skills challenge section. On course repairs can be made at the point of breakage and as long as the stage is still open. If a battery has to be replaced during a special section, than a 5 min penalty will be charged to the driver.

7. Drivers will start at specified intervals; if a driver catches up to a fellow driver, the driver that is being passed, must yield to the faster driver immediately. A driver cannot overtake another driver during a special skill section; the faster driver must wait at the start of the skills section until the slower driver exits said section.
8. There is no “Hand of God”. This means all recoveries must be done by using a winch. If the rig is underwater and the driver grabs the rig instead of using the penalty winch, that driver will be charged a 5 minute penalty. The G6 is designed for a driver to be a driver, not a boonie basher. If a driver does not have a winch and has to use the penalty winch; a 3 minute penalty will be charged to that driver.

9. No repairs can be made between stages. After a driver completes a stage, his/her vehicle will be impounded until the start of the next stage. A designated pit area will be provided to do all needed repairs before the next stage while the time is running.

10. The running order will be G6 specific. It may be luck of the draw or running order may be assigned by the last G6 times. Stage Buddy’s will be assigned in a similar manner.

A Stage buddy is a driver’s stage marshal. He or she will be on the stage with the driver marking time penalties or time bonus and if the driver does not have a winch, the stage buddy will use the penalty winch to recover or assist the driver’s vehicle. After the driver completes his stage, then the stage buddy and the driver switch roles. At no time will the stage buddy assist a driver with navigating the stage. A stage buddy is not a co-driver. G6 team drivers will not be a stage buddy for a team member. Team members may or may not be allowed to help navigate a fellow team driver. That will be deemed by the G6 event.

Time Penalties:

Hitting a gate marker will result in a 1:00 min time penalty.

Hitting any stage boundary will result in a 5 min. penalty.

Using the penalty winch will result in a 3 min penalty.

Time Bonuses:

Completing a time bonus section cleanly a driver will receive a 3 minute time bonus. If a driver has to winch, hits the boundary, or has to make a repair or battery change in the section, no time bonus will be awarded and any penalties will be charged.

Time bonus sections will have a specific color boundary and have a stage gate at the beginning and end of the section, but may involve more than two gates.

Stage Gates:

A stage will be marked with gates. The gates are used to define a stage and the color of the gate will define the intended direction of the gate. A gate consists of two flags; on yellow and one red. The red flag is always on the passenger side of the rig, unless other wise noted.

A rig must drive between the stage gates and all 4 tires must be inside the stage gates for progression, even if winching is required to successfully clear the gate. There is no straddling a stage gate to progress.

A stage gate can only be driven in the intended direction! A driver CANNOT drive thru a stage gate and then reverse back through it to continue on the stage.

A stage gate may also have special skill instructions attached to them. The driver and the stage buddy are responsible for making sure all special skills are performed for the stage.

Special Skill Sections:

A special skill section will have boundaries and be marked by a specific color.

A special skill section can be a task such as changing a tire and running the section using the spare tire or using a winch to perform a task. A special section can be driving in snow, ice, mud, water, and sand, up hill, down hill or in reverse.

jammin311 01-20-2011 02:57 PM

I was thinking I might hit up folsom on sunday I got a new honcho that needs testing for the G6 next week anyone want to go?

fvrr 01-20-2011 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jammin311 (Post 2873671)
I was thinking I might hit up folsom on sunday I got a new honcho that needs testing for the G6 next week anyone want to go?

I know smoke&mirrors and nissan_driver were talking of going back out there this weekend. I don't do sundays unless a comp. Keeps the wife happy when I'm not working :roll:

DRIVNMF 01-20-2011 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fvrr (Post 2873606)
Folsom will have a 2.2 class so disregard the wheel rule. Not sure on the dig if it needs to be disconnected but I didn't see a need for it last weekend.

The only difference will be tire size. The 2.2 tire must still be a knock off or replica of a 1:1 tire.

For example, 2.2 Pit Bull is okay; a HB Rover is not. The Proline 2.2 Super Swamper is okay; a Losi Comp Claw is not.

The 2.2 Class is the same as the 1.9 concerning dig. No dig. A dig tranny is okay if it's ran as a 2w/4w configuration. If your 2.2 or 1.9 has dig, zip tie it out or disconnect the servo horn.

It looks like there is a 2.2 scale following and I can't wait to see them in action. The 2.2 class will have their own skill sections, but will share the same stages with the 1.9's. Trail Markers will not be watered down for the larger tires, I hope you 2.2 scale drivers can drive..Bwaahhhaaahhhaaa:twisted:

Smoke&Mirrors 01-21-2011 01:06 AM

Sounds exciting then. A first for us 2.2 guys. And jammin311, like Martin said, myself and Nissan_driver are planning on being out there this sunday. I'm sure some of the guys from RC Country will probably be out there too. It's everyone's last weekend to get things dialed in. And I'll definitely try and get as many shots as I can of all the rigs in action!

brokennib 01-21-2011 11:36 AM

I might be able to make it out there Sunday, when and where are you guys meeting up? 10am? I imagine you guys are going back to Doton's ?

Tom_Swanson 01-21-2011 02:25 PM

i would be interested in crawling on Sunday let me know a time and place. I would be willing to go to Folsom point or try out doltons point just let me know. But I'm personally bias for Folsom point lol.

jammin311 01-21-2011 03:18 PM

10am sounds good to me . I only ever go there for pro comps sacling is all new to me. so I'll let you figure where you want to crawl. I'm bring my berg to but i mainly want to pratice on the sacler.

209SCXCRAWLER 01-21-2011 05:49 PM

Well after reading thru all te G6 rules it sounds like this thing is gonna be exciting!
I'm sure that I won't be the only driver without a winch either which should make things interesting.
I was wondering a couple things and I think Martin can probably answer them for me... Question #1: What are the rule regarding dovetailed rigs? I'm considering doing a dovetail on my Dingo body... Should I wait?
Question #2: is it possible for a driver to run the 1.9 class and then run the same rig with 2.2 tires??
Any clarification on these would be greatly appreciated.

fvrr 01-21-2011 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 209SCXCRAWLER (Post 2875917)
Well after reading thru all te G6 rules it sounds like this thing is gonna be exciting!
I'm sure that I won't be the only driver without a winch either which should make things interesting.
I was wondering a couple things and I think Martin can probably answer them for me... Question #1: What are the rule regarding dovetailed rigs? I'm considering doing a dovetail on my Dingo body... Should I wait?
Question #2: is it possible for a driver to run the 1.9 class and then run the same rig with 2.2 tires??

Man I've been having a few glitches with rcc lately :shock:

1 as long as it looks like a 1:1 I think it's fine

2 G6 only allows you to run 1 class I think because the last one took all day and folsom has about 3 times as many signed up.

jammin311 01-21-2011 06:17 PM

1 I don't know

2 No you can only run 1 or the other.

209SCXCRAWLER 01-21-2011 06:26 PM

Well in that case I think I'm gonna wait til after the G6 to modify the body any more.
BTW, where do we sign up for the G6? Can someone point me in te right direction?

jammin311 01-21-2011 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 209SCXCRAWLER (Post 2876036)
Well in that case I think I'm gonna wait til after the G6 to modify the body any more.
BTW, where do we sign up for the G6? Can someone point me in te right direction?

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/recon-g6/287179-r-e-c-o-n-g6-challenge-folsom-g6-blues.html"thumbsup"

DRIVNMF 01-21-2011 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 209SCXCRAWLER (Post 2875917)

Quote:

Originally Posted by fvrr (Post 2875995)
Man I've been having a few glitches with rcc lately :shock:

1 as long as it looks like a 1:1 I think it's fine

2 G6 only allows you to run 1 class I think because the last one took all day and folsom has about 3 times as many signed up.

fvrr is correct.

1. If your dove tail looks scale, dove tail away.

2. No. This G6 you must choose 1.9 or 2.2.

DRIVNMF 01-21-2011 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smoke&Mirrors (Post 2874608)
Sounds exciting then. A first for us 2.2 guys. And jammin311, like Martin said, myself and Nissan_driver are planning on being out there this sunday. I'm sure some of the guys from RC Country will probably be out there too. It's everyone's last weekend to get things dialed in. And I'll definitely try and get as many shots as I can of all the rigs in action!

The last weekend before the Folsom G6 Blues, ya'll better get dialed. I know that last weekend was great "dial in" time for some of the Sac Scalers. "thumbsup"

And they got to work on their self-recovery techniques..:lmao:

209SCXCRAWLER 01-21-2011 07:45 PM

Thanks for the info Martin and DRIVNMF. I just got signed up... Im still not sure if I wanna dovetail my Dingo yet... I saw another member on here that did it using DUCT TAPE... Im thinking I can improve on his idea (without the use of Okie Fix-it-all). Any suggestions??

DRIVNMF 01-21-2011 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 209SCXCRAWLER (Post 2876337)
Thanks for the info Martin and DRIVNMF. I just got signed up... Im still not sure if I wanna dovetail my Dingo yet... I saw another member on here that did it using DUCT TAPE... Im thinking I can improve on his idea (without the use of Okie Fix-it-all). Any suggestions??

I would wait and ask some of the drivers that will be at the G6 next Sat. There are going to be some real talented scale builders in attendance that I'm sure will have some great tips and tricks.

Smoke&Mirrors 01-21-2011 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom_Swanson (Post 2875518)
i would be interested in crawling on Sunday let me know a time and place. I would be willing to go to Folsom point or try out doltons point just let me know. But I'm personally bias for Folsom point lol.

10am seems to be the general consensus and that works for me. I'm planning on going out to Dotton's point. As well as a few others I know of for sure.

MR.VERTICAL 01-22-2011 09:16 AM

Sould i bring my sled

click

http://s609.photobucket.com/albums/t...ledtext013.mp4