LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2010, 12:33 PM   #41
Quarry Creeper

on my way...
theonek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2010, 09:01 PM   #42
Quarry Creeper

I apologize. I posted in the "other" South Bay gtg area for a gtg on Sunday before I even saw this thread. Some of the guys from Boulder Creek were coming down since we had a mini-gtg Tuesday at Hammers and the rigs broke. They need to take revenge! Hopefully more of the South bay guys show up but looks like you will be at Greystone. Maybe after we are done, they will wanna check out Greystone as well.

We start at 9 am at mini-hammers Sunday if any1 wants to join. Other than that, I am already obligated....

When it rains it pours. Good to see more and more people getting out there...Have fun!

CH
CruiserHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 09:07 PM   #43
Quarry Creeper

great day out at grey stone and nice spot as it was my 1st time there. met brownie and his girl there too. nice people...tell next time
Old 10-30-2010, 11:52 PM   #44
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiserHead View Post
I apologize. I posted in the "other" South Bay gtg area for a gtg on Sunday before I even saw this thread. Some of the guys from Boulder Creek were coming down since we had a mini-gtg Tuesday at Hammers and the rigs broke. They need to take revenge! Hopefully more of the South bay guys show up but looks like you will be at Greystone. Maybe after we are done, they will wanna check out Greystone as well.

We start at 9 am at mini-hammers Sunday if any1 wants to join. Other than that, I am already obligated....
Sweet man!

Someone may go to Mini-Hammers, i for sure wont be able to since my servos dead as i mentioned way earlier, should be here monday.

Hope to see you and your clan at greystone Next Sunday at around 10am.
As a team, we will get train to get revenge on mini-hammers
MRCCRAWLER1.9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:39 AM   #45
I wanna be Dave

IS there a way we could keep all the South Bay stuff in one or two threads. it's getting confusing.
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:04 PM   #46
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckjeep View Post
IS there a way we could keep all the South Bay stuff in one or two threads. it's getting confusing.
lol....I was going to touch base on that very thing.

Since there is already a "club" thread, all club posts should be in Dave's/rckjeep's club thread (South Bay Scalers RC Club).

We should then post in Bernie's/blue devil toyota's thread (South Bay Scalers Saturday GTG) for any casual gtg.

FYI: I ended up going to both Hammers and Greystone on Sunday and there was no one at either site other than myself and the BC boys. They preferred Greystone to Hammers.... Its more like their home rocks of China Grade.

L8! CH
Old 11-02-2010, 12:25 AM   #47
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiserHead View Post
lol....I was going to touch base on that very thing.

Since there is already a "club" thread, all club posts should be in Dave's/rckjeep's club thread (South Bay Scalers RC Club).

We should then post in Bernie's/blue devil toyota's thread (South Bay Scalers Saturday GTG) for any casual gtg.

FYI: I ended up going to both Hammers and Greystone on Sunday and there was no one at either site other than myself and the BC boys. They preferred Greystone to Hammers.... Its more like their home rocks of China Grade.

L8! CH
I like both places, though I enjoy the "trail" style wheeling better than the "Moab" go anywhere style of Greystone. Greystone, does have some awesome climbs though, it's a killer comp rig place IMO.

FYI, There will be a Scaler event on Nov. 14th I hope more people can make it.
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:39 AM   #48
RCC Addict

Anyone interested in greystone this sunday? Servo came in last night
Old 11-04-2010, 09:40 AM   #49

How is Greystone looking for Sunday. I'm game, if it's not totally raining. I'm going to burn up a battery today around 5:30 if anyone else has free time.
Moab Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:14 AM   #50
RCC Addict

hmm instead of greystone, i may just go to Linda Vista Park to go crawling. need to get my crawler dialed in.. and see what the capabilities of my new servo can do.

greystone will be another time unless any of you want to go this sunday..

but im definitly going to linda vista due to my schedule, just me dialing my crawler and seeing what the servo can do.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:19 AM   #51
Quarry Creeper

im gonna go crawl on saturday. not sure where yet. will keep all posted...
Old 11-05-2010, 09:25 AM   #52

Last evening I went to Guadeloupe Reservoir off Hicks road. The lake is drying up so lots of different terrain to try out. I was playing on a gentle slope rock field first, then wheeled down to the dried lakebed to test out the suspension. Huge area to play and I would rate it a 10 on the fun factor. If you take Camden road, turn on Hicks road and drive to the first lake. Continue up the road past the dam until you see dry part of the lake and a turn out. The parking is limited, but worth a look.
Moab Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 08:54 PM   #53

I passed by there a while back when I went wheelin at the end of hicks at almaden road (almaden res crawl spot) didn't see a way to get down there. Looks like that lake is protected and the drop down there kinda steep. I'll have to check that out sometime.
crawlitreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 09:50 PM   #54
RCC Addict

woah sounds like a sweet area!

ahh What if we have like a really fun weekend comp? it would be funny

BTW, in your opinion, where do you think is a really good crawling place? Linda vistas my favorite since it has like everything..
Old 11-05-2010, 11:57 PM   #55

Seems like the weather keeps shootin everyone down every weekend. I stopped by sheldons today and they are making a island volcano theme with tunnels and bamboo terrain. I told them to post up here. Maybe they will get some comps going. Looks almost done
crawlitreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 12:20 AM   #56
Quarry Creeper

so im going out rain or shine tomorrow. anyone else wanna go? i have no idea where im going yet...
Old 11-06-2010, 12:22 AM   #57
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlitreal View Post
Seems like the weather keeps shootin everyone down every weekend. I stopped by sheldons today and they are making a island volcano theme with tunnels and bamboo terrain. I told them to post up here. Maybe they will get some comps going. Looks almost done

ahh are we able to get crawling there? i want to meet my drifter friend down there, to give him some stuff too, but i dont want to go down there and just have to drive back, since i live like 30min away from there. :(
Old 11-06-2010, 12:22 AM   #58
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonek View Post
so im going out rain or shine tomorrow. anyone else wanna go? i have no idea where im going yet...
i'd go, but im gone biking all day after work tomorrow sorry :(
Old 11-07-2010, 04:46 PM   #59
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlitreal View Post
i went to sheldons today! and got some never before seen footage.. okay besides people who drift and walk by the crawling area

I asked them when it will be open, and they said they will definitely have it open by this Coming Monday or Tuesday: 11/7 or 11/8.

Some Pictures:

Old 11-07-2010, 05:22 PM   #60
Quarry Creeper

Does not do it for me. I would rather get wet outside...