Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > California

Notices

Thread: San Diego RC Crawlers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2010, 03:17 PM   #2561
Quarry Creeper

Shoot, my crawler has paddles, a VXL system, bulletproof tranny and driveshafts along with a 69 spur gear and 29 pinion. Yeah, it moves lots of sand now. BTW, a little history on ol' great grand dad: he was an officer in the SS but escaped to Poland then migrated to the US when Hitler really started getting nutty and wackin' people. That doesn't make me a bad person does it?
Cheatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2010, 03:37 PM   #2562
Rock Crawler

Ok, so you have a whole week to convert it back to a crawler cause the finals are at wohlford on the 15th. You, Ty, and Ironman should come out and have some fun, and take a break from going fast.....
RCHuffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 03:41 PM   #2563
Quarry Creeper

I would of but sold my MM ESC a while back, and Ty's is in pieces too, Ironman, well he's usually RTR whatever vehicle. We're addicted to this SC stuff for sure, you need to come out and check it some time.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:46 PM   #2564
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheatin View Post
I would of but sold my MM ESC a while back, and Ty's is in pieces too, Ironman, well he's usually RTR whatever vehicle. We're addicted to this SC stuff for sure, you need to come out and check it some time.
By SC do you mean short course? Where do you guys run those? I was looking for local tracks etc but had a hard time coming up with much except maybe 3family hobbies in Santee but their website was not working

Edit: I found So Cal RC site and see quite a few backyard tracks etc

Last edited by Jaynen; 05-07-2010 at 11:12 PM.
Jaynen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 11:16 PM   #2565
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCHuffer View Post
can anyone guess where I got the idea from??

We are getting stickers......woooooohoooooooooooooo
treday619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 08:45 AM   #2566
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaynen View Post
By SC do you mean short course? Where do you guys run those? I was looking for local tracks etc but had a hard time coming up with much except maybe 3family hobbies in Santee but their website was not working

Edit: I found So Cal RC site and see quite a few backyard tracks etc
If you go to rcshortcourse.com I update the San Diego Shortcourse thread weekly where we'll be racing. The SoCal guys race, but they run timed heats and use transponders and charge money. Exactly why I quit "club" racing back in '94, just got tired of the official gayness and butt hurt racers, not that they are, just sayin' in general. We run 3 laps (5 on my oval), turn em' around, winner goes to the back. If you wanna' come race, please be 21 because we always have booze around. We don't need the potential hassle of contributing, know what I mean? If you aren't 21, bring your hot mom to chaparone your ass, LOL!
Old 05-09-2010, 01:30 AM   #2567
Rock Crawler

ok i well be at lake wohlford on the south side around 1230pm. see you guys there
tomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:50 AM   #2568
Quarry Creeper

Hey is there anyone doin rock crawlin in east county? I will be moving to Jamul from Temecula due to economy issue. Anyone want to help out a new san diego fella?
DirtyDezPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 07:27 PM   #2569
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheatin View Post
If you go to rcshortcourse.com I update the San Diego Shortcourse thread weekly where we'll be racing. The SoCal guys race, but they run timed heats and use transponders and charge money. Exactly why I quit "club" racing back in '94, just got tired of the official gayness and butt hurt racers, not that they are, just sayin' in general. We run 3 laps (5 on my oval), turn em' around, winner goes to the back. If you wanna' come race, please be 21 because we always have booze around. We don't need the potential hassle of contributing, know what I mean? If you aren't 21, bring your hot mom to chaparone your ass, LOL!
Been reading over there a bit, I definitely have picked up on some of those guys you are talking about. I live right next to that Avenida Del Oro bash spot/track in Oceanside. Seen people over there but didn't know what they were up to
Jaynen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:45 AM   #2570
Pebble Pounder

Why is it so hard to find used berg axles at a good price?? I know i can get a new set for 160 but i am cheap and im married!!!
kmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:42 AM   #2571
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDezPirate View Post
Hey is there anyone doin rock crawlin in east county? I will be moving to Jamul from Temecula due to economy issue. Anyone want to help out a new san diego fella?

jamul is the shit - i grew up out there...my folks still live out there, i love visiting them, they are out in the outskirts of it.

most of jamul is all rocky mountains (not like jacumba or boulevard, but still very rocky), if you look around, you should see rocky areas all over.
wicked4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 05:36 PM   #2572

Somebody buy my mrc!
BIGJOHNSON18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 08:20 PM   #2573
D-Wray 4 Prez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGJOHNSON18 View Post
Somebody buy my mrc!
I'll give you 20 bucks.
Frankenwheely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 07:32 PM   #2574
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked4x4 View Post
jamul is the shit - i grew up out there...my folks still live out there, i love visiting them, they are out in the outskirts of it.

most of jamul is all rocky mountains (not like jacumba or boulevard, but still very rocky), if you look around, you should see rocky areas all over.
I do downhill mountain bike racing (am sponsored rider) I dont see a good accessabile from road to crawling by myself.. i was wondering if there is anyone else who does too.. (I am deaf myself, its pretty scary not to know whats coming to me i.e. mountain lions, bobcat, etc.) LOL ..).. Anyone else there does RC CRAWLING?
DirtyDezPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 12:25 AM   #2575
Rock Crawler

Link to some pics from SDRCRC Finals

http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/m...Finals%202010/
Old 05-17-2010, 08:45 AM   #2576
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by treday619 View Post
Link to some pics from SDRCRC Finals

http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/m...Finals%202010/

nice pics tre. good close up shots on that new axial moa - they look better than the product shots on the axial website. thanks for sharing.

bummer i didn't get out there this weekend. looks like it was a nice day.

did that xr10 run around out there and show off a bit or was it just brought to show off?
wicked4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:02 PM   #2577
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked4x4 View Post
nice pics tre. good close up shots on that new axial moa - they look better than the product shots on the axial website. thanks for sharing.

bummer i didn't get out there this weekend. looks like it was a nice day.

did that xr10 run around out there and show off a bit or was it just brought to show off?

Just brought for show and tell... No Electronics
Old 05-18-2010, 10:27 AM   #2578

I just got my awcc lcq ticket! PM me if anyone wants to truckpool with me up there. I plan on camping. I will also bring a dirtbike in case I do not qualify, there are tons of trails in the area. I can fit 3 three bikes and gear in my truck
so let me know.

That new sticker design is cool, how can I get some before the end of June?
A-RON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 05:49 PM   #2579
Rock Crawler

The overalls are posted. Congrats to all the winners. If you are in the top five you are eligible to compete at the regionals in June.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showt...58#post2461058
raul duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 08:25 PM   #2580
D-Wray 4 Prez!

Woohoo!
Wait! Does this mean I have to move to pro.
Frankenwheely is offline   Reply With Quote