Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Slot Cars, Real Slot Cars

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2008, 08:49 PM   #21
Rock Stacker

this flaming shit ( no pun intended ) is the reason I got out of regular R/C's and switched over to rock crawling. its so discouraging to see this kind of stuff posted to his thread. If you don't think its cool A.) don't click. Its not like it was a mystery thread. B.) don't waste everyones time by posting stupid and rude comments.

The sad part is a lot of you guys are older, have wives, and kids...

Real cool on the internet.. what was that? you spend more time on here critiquing someones hobby than spending time with your kids?

Last edited by ian48065; 01-24-2008 at 10:16 PM.
ian48065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2008, 10:05 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian48065 View Post
this flaming shit ( no pun intended ) is the reason I got out of regular R/C's and switched over to rock crawling. its so discouraging to see this kind of stuff posted to his thread. If you don't think its cool A.) don't click. Its not like it was a mystery thread. B.) don't waste everyones time by posting stupid and rude comments.

The sad part is a lot of you guys are older, have wifes, and kids...

Real cool on the internet.. what was that? you spend more time on here critiquing someones hobby than spending time with your kids?
Maybe if the thread starter did not post stupid and rude comments every chance he had in every other thread people would be more inclined not to do it to him
wrx-n-ktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 10:31 PM   #23
Rock Crawler

reminds me of when I used to build 1/24 scale models. I should start building them again instead of this hobby so I won't have to worry about being broke.
highhpcummins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 10:33 PM   #24
Rock Stacker

I used to race slot cars about 6 months ago untill the track closed down. These are challenging to drive. I think almost more then any rc car (8th buggy/truugy, 10th gas, ect.)
mauromj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 06:34 AM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrx-n-ktm View Post
Maybe if the thread starter did not post stupid and rude comments every chance he had in every other thread people would be more inclined not to do it to him
X2...thats why I started.

What comes around goes around.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 07:08 AM   #26
Debunking old stereotypes

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrx-n-ktm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryterror View Post
X2...thats why I started.

What comes around goes around.

Bingo.
I guess some of these people have never seen Shaun's posts bashing EVERYTHING he gets a chance to bash. IMO a know-it-all little punk, with a BIG mouth.
This is posted in chit chat, and not noobie general. You'll get no protection from bashing here :-P And again IMO you're just getting a small portion of what you give. A taste of his own medicine, I hope he chokes on it

P.S. I too have been into slot car racing. Not anywhere near as challenging as most aspects of RC. It's like others have said, mostly throttle control.

Last edited by freetimecrawler; 01-25-2008 at 07:11 AM.
freetimecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 03:10 PM   #27
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Thats why slot cars are much harder than RC Cars. After running slot cars I can dominate the RC track. You don't just set slot cars on the track and run them either there is lots to set-up.
I would like to take that bet.

You really think there is no set up done to off road racing or on road racing "RC cars"?

I'll put you on any track you want , and you race a box stock RC anything and se if you can ride the backside of my laps.

Slot cars are there own breed. But please do not state that you can "dominate" on a RC car track. Weather its on road or off road. The amount of set up done to an 1/8th scale on road car is far beyond your thoughts if you still stand by that statement. You could not fathom the way these cars are built , tech'd and driven .

And since your on a RC CRAWLING forum, Do you think you can dominate in the crawler world with your slot car knowledge?
RodyRazorBackc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 08:44 PM   #28

Slot cars are one of my most fun things to do. For 1/24 scale even slow cars run 30-40 radar gun mph. fast cars have been clocked well over 100 mph. Take a 155 foot track with eight different corners, from high banked to flat 270 degree corners
and complete laps in 3 to4 seconds no problem. This is not something that does not take skill or set up talent. The only thing that makes this possible is to have a slot in the track. These things can go so fast that you barely see them somtimes. everyone should give it a try.

dirtyduki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 09:26 PM   #29
Pebble Pounder

I tried the unlimiteds , went back to box stock . the only time I could spot my car was when I heard the smack against the wall . I built several drag cars , but never ran them , they always sold first . It was a hook lots of batteries to the track , pull triger , see pillows move at other end of track . Didn't get in to it . The slower wheely cars were fun tho !
Frank3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 02:59 AM   #30
Quarry Creeper

I don't know **** about slot cars, but since i collect VW stuff, I've got a couple VW based ones. Here's one i picked up not too long ago. It's a "Don Campbell Racing" car from what I'm told.

The wheelie bars make it a little too long for my hauler. :-(
shutupanddrive is offline   Reply With Quote