Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: 5-star Stupidity Award

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2008, 07:54 PM   #61
Nor-CalRCRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelChair View Post
That was the other hot tub and he was drunk...

WC
UHHHHHH,,,,,,,, NO!

and notice who's rig is in the background. OH yeah, and didn't you make the easier bowl. So how was it that one. Look at the features in the rock, like the holes in the wall to the right of your rig. SAME SPOT.
Attached Images

montereycrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2008, 07:59 PM   #62
Nor-CalRCRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger View Post
If that is what you want to think what happened.... I watched the entire thing and know damn well that 10-15 other people think otherwise.
and some of them very well respected on this forum. Just because they haven't posted doesn't mean they didn't witness it all.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:00 PM   #63
Quarry Creeper

Is there any pictures on here of badger and wheelchair, I wanna see who is bigger.
tltman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 08:01 PM   #64
Winner of the '07 RCC dumbass award!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eritex Inc. View Post
All I am going to say is this.

Coming from a guy that is a dad of an awesome 9 year old boy and is in the process of adopting another child, I find it quite astounding that someone would put there child in a position like that at all. Being in the truck or not while the picture was taken is a non point.

Was he in the truck anytime while you were on that obstacle?

If so, I believe what you did was at best child endangerment, at worst, child abuse. Authorities would have been called if I would have seen what you and others are describing.
I can't believe you guys think I was endangering him in ANY way!!!

You were not even there! and you are going by what they are exaggerating!

He is very well taken care of and the car seat was never just wedged in between the seats, just because it fits there does not mean that it is not mounted! We have been pulled over for a light out or a plate missing before and they thoughly checked out the mount and everything and even complimented us on having it securly mounted.

That is a non issue.

You guys, you don't know me how can you say to me that my intention was to take him up it?!!!

If driving him up the incline and backing down was endangerment then I won't be doing that again. I don't believe it is, but what I believe doesn't matter.

All that matters is his safety.

You guys are just mad because I would not obey your rude commands like your children should.

I am not your child, you have a concern, talk to me. don't yell at me like A holes. Ya got it right back didn't ya?

The little man is safe and sound and that is the way he is going to stay.

WC
WheelChair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 08:03 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by montereycrawler View Post
UHHHHHH,,,,,,,, NO!

and notice who's rig is in the background. OH yeah, and didn't you make the easier bowl. So how was it that one. Look at the features in the rock, like the holes in the wall to the right of your rig. SAME SPOT.
Is that the small tub? I thought he rolled in the big one.... my mistake.

WC
Old 05-08-2008, 08:03 PM   #66
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tltman12 View Post
Is there any pictures on here of badger and wheelchair, I wanna see who is bigger.
I weigh 100lbs wet, so just about everyone on RCC is bigger then me.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 08:07 PM   #67
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger View Post
I weigh 100lbs wet, so just about everyone on RCC is bigger then me.
O ok thanks, and wheelchair?
tltman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 08:14 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by tltman12 View Post
O ok thanks, and wheelchair?

There is not going to be a fight, but its not the size of the dog.

WC
Old 05-08-2008, 08:15 PM   #69
Nor-CalRCRC

Quote:
Is that the small tub? I thought he rolled in the big one.... my mistake.

WC
From what I recall that was the largest and most difficult hot tub. (I didn't take any pics of the other)
Old 05-08-2008, 08:18 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by montereycrawler View Post
From what I recall that was the largest and most difficult hot tub. (I didn't take any pics of the other)

Thats right, I remember thinking the doors wouldn't open in the small one very easily to get him out.

WC
Old 05-08-2008, 08:29 PM   #71

If I would have been some big name in rock crawling, out there with my son and TOLD EVERYONE my plan before hand, not one single person would have said a single thing in this direction.

It is not MY fault you guys misinterpreted the situation for something it was not.

There were two distinct driving modes,
Safe and slow, and Hit it!

Obviously you could tell the difference when the kid was out of the truck and my first attempt got me half way up the hill.
Little hard to overlook that.

WC

Last edited by WheelChair; 05-08-2008 at 08:35 PM.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:09 PM   #72
06 Super National Champ

Quote:
If I would have been some big name in rock crawling, out there with my son and TOLD EVERYONE my plan before hand, not one single person would have said a single thing in this direction.

It is not MY fault you guys misinterpreted the situation for something it was not.

There were two distinct driving modes,
Safe and slow, and Hit it!

Obviously you could tell the difference when the kid was out of the truck and my first attempt got me half way up the hill.
Little hard to overlook that.

WC
No, we'd have all still thought that you were an idiot for taking that kid into the tubs in a clapped-out 'yota that had NO protection for the passengers. Did you notice how Jim's bother Chad got out when Jim attempted Mickey's? Shoot, Jim even had his 'yota EXO'd and Chad got out. If the driver wants to attempt an obstacle, so be it. You try it, you accept the risk. Same for any other adult in the vehicle.

You and D had choice in the matter, the kid didn't.

When you guys wouldn't look out for the best interest of the kid, it was the other 70+ people around that spoke up and asked the two of you to get the kid out before something bad happened.

I also remember watching you, D, and the kid bounce your way up Potato Salad Hill.

All it takes is one time for something to go wrong. That spare 3rd member that bounced out on Potato Salad and in the tub...what if that had came through the rear window?

If looking out for the better interest of a child makes us a bunch assholes...so be it.

I'll be the first to say that I'm an asshole.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 10:25 PM   #73
RCC Addict

here you go wc

Just keep digging.

I can't figure it out. Every time you get on this forum it turns into a fight, yet you keep doing it! Do you even still play with RC crawlers? I know I haven't seen you around, and you're a denver area guy, right? WTF?
chrisjlittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 10:26 PM   #74
TEAM MODERATOR

All the pictures up till now in this thread are of the same hot tub. I remember SEVERAL attempts at the climb out of the tub with the child in the truck. I do believe the child was still in the truck when you lost all your groceries.

Do I take my son wheeling....HELL yeah. I've taken him ever since he was 3 years old. BUT,he has just started going on the "big boy" rides as of late since he is big enough now that the seat belt will hold him in. When he was little,still in a car seat,he was always belted in and I would stick to trails that were more gravel road than anything with a few small mud holes to spash through. He had fun doing that and thats what mattered.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 10:55 PM   #75
Oppan Gangnam Style

I was going to stay out of this thread but after reading your posts, it makes my blood boil. Going to Moab and never meeting you prior, I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. Maybe you were just misunderstood here on RCC. After seeing you do some extremely irresponsible things in Moab, especially the "incident" in question, I hope to never see you do that again. I was there. I saw what you did. I was yelling at you to get your son out of the vehicle. Please don't let me see you do that again. I have no doubt that you care deeply for your son. I am sure that he is the love of your life. However, as far as your claim that you did not attempt the hot tub with your son in the car, you sir, are a ****ing liar!
chino63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 11:06 PM   #76

I am not a liar, But you know, it does not matter what I say here...

You guys believe what you want, he's safe and thats all that matters.

WC
Old 05-08-2008, 11:18 PM   #77
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eritex Inc. View Post
All I am going to say is this.

Coming from a guy that is a dad of an awesome 9 year old boy and is in the process of adopting another child, I find it quite astounding that someone would put their child in a position like that at all. Being in the truck or not while the picture was taken is a non point.

Was he in the truck anytime while you were on that obstacle?

If so, I believe what you did was at best child endangerment, at worst, child abuse. Authorities would have been called if I would have seen what you and others are describing.
No kidding, if it was a foster kid child services would have him removed just for being in the vehicle on the trail. If that thing rolled, or the kid was injured you'd be up a creek as far as custody is concerned ... and I'm not even talking about the welfare of the kid.

I know in my experience I was around 10 before my Dad would even take me down the drag strip, and that was in a fully caged car with 5 point harnesses, you really have to consider how much of an impact a kid can take before you put them in that situation. A total non-incident could bang a kid up pretty good.

Not bitching at you dude, I wasn't there, but that's my experience with that sort of thing.
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 11:21 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorman57 View Post
All the pictures up till now in this thread are of the same hot tub. I remember SEVERAL attempts at the climb out of the tub with the child in the truck. I do believe the child was still in the truck when you lost all your groceries.

Do I take my son wheeling....HELL yeah. I've taken him ever since he was 3 years old. BUT,he has just started going on the "big boy" rides as of late since he is big enough now that the seat belt will hold him in. When he was little,still in a car seat,he was always belted in and I would stick to trails that were more gravel road than anything with a few small mud holes to spash through. He had fun doing that and thats what mattered.
You are wrong, He was not in the truck, JIA took that shot ask him!

Those "Several attempts" as you call them were a couple easy low speed motions for him... You call that an attempt to climb?!!

I don't want to fight but you guys are blowing things way out here.

Our little guy loves splashing through puddles and all that, thats why I did it is because I knew he would appreciate it. I never thought so many people would blow this out from what it really was.

The crowed that watched is a little biased here. Half of them Hated me before they even met me.
What do you think they are going to say about something like this?

Fact is, nothing happened and nothing is going to.

I guess if it makes me a dumbass to want to bring a smile to the little mans face, then I accept your award.

WC
Old 05-08-2008, 11:31 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highmark View Post
No kidding, if it was a foster kid child services would have him removed just for being in the vehicle on the trail. If that thing rolled, or the kid was injured you'd be up a creek as far as custody is concerned ... and I'm not even talking about the welfare of the kid.

I know in my experience I was around 10 before my Dad would even take me down the drag strip, and that was in a fully caged car with 5 point harnesses, you really have to consider how much of an impact a kid can take before you put them in that situation. A total non-incident could bang a kid up pretty good.

Not bitching at you dude, I wasn't there, but that's my experience with that sort of thing.
I take it very easy when he is in the truck! I think a lot of you are overlooking that. He really likes it when the truck goes side to side or when all he can see is sky. Just little dirt hills in my backyard...

He really doesn't like it when I go super slow and yells "GO GO GO!"
But still, I take it easy. I know he's justa little guy and I don't want to hurt him. But he has been around this stuff from the beginning of his life. He was only a year and a half when he figured out how to take screws out.

With the tires aired down, its really not that rough of a ride.

He spent all weekend in the sun with us all at the comp, I just wanted to make him smile.

All of the paranoid people sure didn't help with all that.

I mean honestly, the people here who think I was going for it with him in the truck, you have a lot to learn about the world. Not everyone is an idiot.

WC
Old 05-08-2008, 11:33 PM   #80

Okay I wasn't going to post but...

I wasn't on the trail ride so I don't know anything about what happened there. But I did see you beat and bounce around pretty hard on Potato Salad Hill with him in the truck. I though that was pretty risky. I think the hot tub would be a safer roll than PSH.

You say nothing was going to happen. When I was there in '99 I saw a Jeep break a rear drive shaft near the top and bounce all the way down backwards. Luckly he didn't roll it, just like luckly nothing happend when you beat on it and finally climbed it.

I don't know you other than seeing you there and I have nothing against you, but some times it's better to error on the side of caution. I kid don't realize the risk involved they just think it all fun.
RXcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote