Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: 5-star Stupidity Award

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2008, 11:39 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelChair View Post
I take it very easy when he is in the truck! I think a lot of you are overlooking that. He really likes it when the truck goes side to side or when all he can see is sky. Just little dirt hills in my backyard...

He really doesn't like it when I go super slow and yells "GO GO GO!"
But still, I take it easy. WC
I was giving you the benefit of a doubt about the hot tub. But I'm calling BULL SHIT now.

You were beating on the yota on Potato Salad Hill with him in the truck. You were hitting he left side which is the harder way up. You couldn't crawl it slow because the carb was crapping out. You were banging on it pretty good. I personally wouldn't have felt safe in there without a cage.

Like I said before...lucky. Just one broken part away from a roll over.
RXcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2008, 11:45 PM   #82
Winner of the '07 RCC dumbass award!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RXcrawler View Post
Okay I wasn't going to post but...

I wasn't on the trail ride so I don't know anything about what happened there. But I did see you beat and bounce around pretty hard on Potato Salad Hill with him in the truck. I though that was pretty risky. I think the hot tub would be a safer roll than PSH.

You say nothing was going to happen. When I was there in '99 I saw a Jeep break a rear drive shaft near the top and bounce all the way down backwards. Luckly he didn't roll it, just like luckly nothing happend when you beat on it and finally climbed it.

I don't know you other than seeing you there and I have nothing against you, but some times it's better to error on the side of caution. I kid don't realize the risk involved they just think it all fun.
I don't know what time you seen me go up, but I know for sure there was one time it was just me and the dog...

When the third member bounced out they were both not in the truck...
They were at the top of the hill.

I may not agree, but lesson learned about the little guy on the trail.

WC
WheelChair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 11:52 PM   #83

Quote:
I don't know what time you seen me go up, but I know for sure there was one time it was just me and the dog...

When the third member bounced out they were both not in the truck...
They were at the top of the hill.

I may not agree, but lesson learned about the little guy on the trail.

WC

I watch you go up several times. I think they got out then you drove down it. He may have not been in there each and every time but I know he was in there at some point. Not trying to be an ass, I still have nothing against you. Just try to think about what could go wrong.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:01 AM   #84

Quote:
I was giving you the benefit of a doubt about the hot tub. But I'm calling BULL SHIT now.

You were beating on the yota on Potato Salad Hill with him in the truck. You were hitting he left side which is the harder way up. You couldn't crawl it slow because the carb was crapping out. You were banging on it pretty good. I personally wouldn't have felt safe in there without a cage.

Like I said before...lucky. Just one broken part away from a roll over.
believe it or not, I was being nice to the truck. Like I said the woman had to put a new diff in it before we left with bathtub calk for RTV, plus it had to drive back home.

That rig will take WAY more abuse then any of you seen. Its not some lifted redneck ride man, its stock height, that means stable and reliable. Hell they dropped one off a building and it started and drove!

I really don't think if I was bouncing around that He was in the truck.

Call BS all you want, I am not here to convince you about what I was thinking at the time. I know what happened and who are you to tell me differently? AND you weren't even there. That makes no sense.

WC
Old 05-09-2008, 12:11 AM   #85

Quote:
Call BS all you want, I am not here to convince you about what I was thinking at the time. I know what happened and who are you to tell me differently? AND you weren't even there. That makes no sense.

WC
I was calling BS on the taking it easy with him in the truck part. But I can see were it sounded like I was taking about the Hot Tub. Like you said I wasn't there so I can't say.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:25 AM   #86
06 Super National Champ

Quote:
You are wrong, He was not in the truck, JIA took that shot ask him!

WC

I took the pics, yes. I also stood there and watched you, D, and the kid go into the bowl and watched you try it several times with everyone pleading for you guys to get the kid out of the truck.

Finally D got out with the kid and talked about how she trusted you, etc.

That's cool that she trusts you, but you've got to understand that tons of people watched you attempt the tub with him inside.

The only reason everyone spoke up wasn't because of you or who you are, but for the safety of the kid. It wasn't about you, it was all about the kid.

If ANY one of us had driven into the bowl with a kid in a rig you know that the rest of us would've spoken up immediately.

Honestly I thought it would've been cool to see the yota make that bowl...but not with the kid inside.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 12:38 AM   #87

Quote:
I watch you go up several times. I think they got out then you drove down it. He may have not been in there each and every time but I know he was in there at some point. Not trying to be an ass, I still have nothing against you. Just try to think about what could go wrong.

Well, I can not remember, but you are right if he did go up PS then that was not a wise decision.

We had a pretty rough trip but made the best of it.

Not having access to my bank account really put a lot of stress on everything.

Then, having to worry about people wanting to kick my ass and everything else over some internet bullshit just like this... I donno about you but I didn't want to visit the Utah jail system. So that made thing nice.

The entire deal was so stressful that it almost was not worth it.
Yet we still had a good time.
Sadly mostly because of the environment instead of the company.

Not trying to cry all over you, just trying to give some understanding to where I am coming from.

I may have made a mistake on PS, I don't remember, but he should not have been in the truck there. That won't ever happen again.

I still feel nothing I did in the tub was unlawful or wrong. I had never intended to go up with him and you people did not "save" him. Would I do it again? Hell no. Too many different views on things.

The reason I was over at PS is because I went to talk to people when we first got there and everyone who knew what I looked like was a total jerk.
I figured I would go over and play a little to relax.

There were people here and there that were cool, but for the most part everyone there either hated or did not like me. Guess my long hair means I'm nobody...

So yeah, I was a little stressed out.

Now, it continues here thanks to Big Bad God-like Badger.

WC
Old 05-09-2008, 01:00 AM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonInAugusta View Post
I took the pics, yes. I also stood there and watched you, D, and the kid go into the bowl and watched you try it several times with everyone pleading for you guys to get the kid out of the truck.

Finally D got out with the kid and talked about how she trusted you, etc.

That's cool that she trusts you, but you've got to understand that tons of people watched you attempt the tub with him inside.

The only reason everyone spoke up wasn't because of you or who you are, but for the safety of the kid. It wasn't about you, it was all about the kid.

If ANY one of us had driven into the bowl with a kid in a rig you know that the rest of us would've spoken up immediately.

Honestly I thought it would've been cool to see the yota make that bowl...but not with the kid inside.
D was never in the truck when I was in the bowl!!!
At all!! She got out to take pics before I went down!

What you call an attempt at making the obstacle and what I call on are obviously two different things. I can not argue that.

My plan was to do the EXACT thing on dump bump. Pull up on it, and back down. They closed the dump bump last year. So I figured the tub would be the next best place to do it. There was never any reason to be scared for his safety!

JIA, I met you and talked to you, do you HONESTLY believe I was going to go up the hill with my kid?!!!!!! Don't mistake my anger with people that were yelling at me. People were rude A-holes to us the whole time. Like hell I was going to tell them, "Yes, I know, listen heres what I'm doing"

I seriously am surprised to find out that you thought I was going to go with him in.

But the thing that pisses me off the most, is the fact that we are all on the same page we all care about his safety, yet we are sitting here fighting about it. There is no reason.

To those of you who feel that pulling up on the face of Mickeys Hot tub with him was unsafe, I just feel bad for you.

If I was half way up the thing it would be a different story. As I said, everyone knows you can not crawl the big tub. So why was my crawling at the bottom called an attempt? Those tires did NOT spin more then a half revolution.

I wish someone had the entire thing on film.

I'm done arguing.

BTW the toyota has made the small tub many times before as I have said!

WC
Old 05-09-2008, 05:05 AM   #89
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Now, it continues here thanks to Big Bad God-like Badger.

WC
Has big bad God-like Badger posted 30 times in this thread?

Wasn't there, didn't see it. As far as I'm concerned it'd be cleaning out the gene pool if something did happen to the kid. I think it's time for you to finally admit you were wrong. Otherwise this thing will go on for months and Badger will make more t-shirts.
microgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 06:07 AM   #90
Colt Python/SR9c

Quote:
He spent all weekend in the sun with us all at the comp, I just wanted to make him smile.
and from what I heard, he was as red as an apple
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 07:59 AM   #91
I wanna be Dave

I think it was just a bad decision WC.
The kid probably seems to enjoy the situation but he does not know the potential risks and dangers. That is where a parent must step in and be judge.
I told my kids the name of the last obstacle on Hell's just as we approached it.....Tip Over Challenge
They were just scare of the name....so I went around on the bypass, knowing that Tip Over is an easy climb, especially in a well built rig. The problem with WC's situation is that his kid could not understand the danger and then communicate that to his father.
I watched several attempts at almost full throttle with the boy in the truck. It was certainly not the best decision but I do agree that if that is how you want to do things....then do it. Just don't endanger my family, which WC did not. Again, terrible decision and I really think that WC knows that.....but when everyone is attacking him, he's not going to back down. He even mentioned that it's not the size of the dog.......but everyone has him cornered and he's going to continue to fight back.
DirkDigler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 08:22 AM   #92
Nor-CalRCRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highmark View Post
No kidding, if it was a foster kid child services would have him removed just for being in the vehicle on the trail. If that thing rolled, or the kid was injured you'd be up a creek as far as custody is concerned ... and I'm not even talking about the welfare of the kid.
In CA you wouldn't even have to be a foster child. Enough happened during the entire trip to warrant a CPS (Child Protective Services) investigation. (Not saying any action would be taken but but a further investigation would be warranted)
montereycrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 08:41 AM   #93
Nor-CalRCRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkDigler View Post
I think it was just a bad decision WC.
Again, terrible decision and I really think that WC knows that.....but when everyone is attacking him, he's not going to back down. He even mentioned that it's not the size of the dog.......but everyone has him cornered and he's going to continue to fight back.
Agreed DD. In my first post I tried to give him an out with basically the same thought.

Quote:
I am hoping that what happened during the trail ride at Nats was an isolated incident and that hopefully somebody thought things through and learned from a very bad decision.
Ofcourse he didn't latch on. I wasn't surprised because of what I will never forget about that incident. That's the part where after I can't remember how many attempts with all of us shouting at him to take the kid out he finally got out and said "I'm not taking him out because you want me to, it's because I want to". That kinda summed it all up for me that day and made me realize all that I had seen to that point made more sense.
montereycrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 08:48 AM   #94
Adilynsdad too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by microgoat View Post
As far as I'm concerned it'd be cleaning out the gene pool if something did happen to the kid.
I was not there so I will not comment on the topic at hand but, I think this (^^^^) is a little harsh Stu...

WC and I have had our differences in the past and have made it past those days.

Anyone that really knows me knows where I stand on the situation.

WC, whatever happened I hope you can see both sides.

As I do not agree with the bashing by people that do not know the details if any of what has been said is true I can see the concern.

You should feel honored that people really do care for the safety of your family.

I'm sorry it happened and hopefully you are too...

Think of it as what if something trajic had happened? There is no way you'd be able to leave with yourself and the same goes for all the on-lookers...

BD

Last edited by braceysdad; 05-09-2008 at 09:15 AM.
braceysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 09:21 AM   #95
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by microgoat View Post
As far as I'm concerned it'd be cleaning out the gene pool if something did happen to the kid

Damn, thats harsh man. But remember it will come back to you, one day, it will.

I really think you guys are making to big of deal out of this. I wasn't there so I'm not going to say anything or take sides. But its over, if WC did do something wrong, hopefully he learned from it. There is no reason to bring this up after the fact.

This picture describes so many of you on this forum.
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 09:30 AM   #96
Adilynsdad too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
I really think you guys are making to big of deal out of this. I wasn't there so I'm not going to say anything or take sides. But its over, if WC did do something wrong, hopefully he learned from it.
I think if you were there and witnessed the situation at hand bassed on the facts given it was a BIG DEAL...

WC may not agree with anyone while his back is against the wall but, reading between the lines I feel he has learned from it.

BD
Old 05-09-2008, 09:53 AM   #97
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by braceysdad View Post
I think if you were there and witnessed the situation at hand bassed on the facts given it was a BIG DEAL...

WC may not agree with anyone while his back is against the wall but, reading between the lines I feel he has learned from it.

BD
It was a big deal at the time, but to bring something like this up a long time after the fact is pointless.

Maybe its just me
Old 05-09-2008, 10:00 AM   #98
Adilynsdad too!

Quote:
It was a big deal at the time, but to bring something like this up a long time after the fact is pointless.

Maybe its just me
Agreed to a point but, I think it's best for you, me, and anyone else that was not there to keep our opinions to ourselves...

BTW, have your boys dropped yet?

J/K...
Old 05-09-2008, 10:12 AM   #99
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by braceysdad View Post
Agreed to a point but, I think it's best for you, me, and anyone else that was not there to keep our opinions to ourselves...

BTW, have your boys dropped yet?
I'll go with that idea.

I hate you.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:15 AM   #100
Adilynsdad too!

Quote:
I hate you.

That's a NO then???