Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: do you belive that

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2005, 09:47 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default do you belive that

do you belive when some body (grandpa) dies do you belive that there sprits walk around after they die? my grandpa went into a coma this morning and its hard to deal with right now. he is the one who raised me and told me how to be a man and now its time for me to step up the the plate to take his place and make shure theres peace in the fam.
blazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2005, 10:07 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

did he also teach you how to smoke?

jk. that was mean. and im sorry for whats going on. it sucks when stuff happens to your favorite old people.
fuzzhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 10:07 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Default that sucks

No I don't. I lost both of my parents when I was young ( 3 when my dad died and 6 when my mom died) , I believe or should I say hope they go some place much better then here. To much crap, but I do believe they stop by ever once and a while. Have you ever thought of some one that has passed, for no reason, in the middle of doing something, just thought of them? I think that is them stopping by, to say "hi" and to check up on you.

Believe me, it sucks now, but it does get easier.

Stick in there
RD400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 10:57 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

i lost my grandpa when i was 3 and my grandma 7 both on my mom's side it i sometimes just stop when i am doing something and strange enough talk to them its almost like they are right there watching me and i know that wherever they are they are together so it gives me peace once in a while
Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 11:30 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

my da shot himself and the chick he was cheating on my mom with, and every once in a while i do hear donald being called softly down the hall and footsteps and the the two shotgun shot go off and two thumps ike body hiting the floor. so it would make since that they do stop in once in a while, he killed himself in front of me my mom and little sister. but that was when i was 2 1/2 and my little sis was 8 mo.

but all that my grandpa wants is for mee to get a trade (weliding..spelled it wrong) and to keep on farming the farm and to be on the straight arrow. so im giveing up bud, beer, and slowly marlboro reds. i dont want to let him down but if he knew how drunk and high ive come home driving his truck and im kicking my self in the butt for it but its too late now. i just tryed to talk to him but he didnt say any thing or act like he knew i was there when i held his hand.
i dont waint him to suffer but i dont want to losse him. ive been up now for 2 1/2 days with only an 15 minent nap here or there ie. taking a dump 10 min nap checking water, dont know but to long the water got up to high and got into our well. but i want to be the one who is next to him when the time comes, but grandma has just about been maried to him for 49 years. with out him i woulnd be were im at today and wouldnt know what i know.
sorry im rambling on about my probles and bad spelling and fuzz he made it clear to me the first time he found out bout me smokeing weed, i would be a part of the farm or famly
Old 07-31-2005, 11:39 PM   #6

Sorry to hear about your grandpa, I hope every thing turns out okay.
RXcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 11:45 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

me too
Old 07-31-2005, 11:55 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Hey Blazed
My thoughts are with you and your family. Cancer took my Grandfather 12 years ago. He had colon cancer which quickly spread to the rest of his body. He was 81 years old when he crossed over. I was 17 at the time I believe. NOT fun at all for me as he was my best friend and a very very important role model. He is a BIG part of where I am at today. He was a machinist for 60 years. I was up his butt most of the time in the shop Learned a lot from him and will never ever forget him. There is not ONE day that goes by that I don't think about him for one reason or another. Learned all sorts of stuff from him, so much I can't even begin to list it. In short, my Grandpa shaped and molded me into the man I am today at 30 years old. Just something about their generation, they always have time for us youngins.
Dunno how old your Grandpa is but mine I know had a full and wonderful life. Well, maybe not all of it considering he was around during The Depression, WW2 and all the other stuff that generation experienced. He always made the best of everything and I never heard him complain the 17 years I knew him.
My Grandfather went into a coma as well and what is still tough for me today, 12 years later is that I was the last person he talked with. However, is a good thing and maybe that was supposed to happen. Hope all goes well for you, best it can and your family. You are on the right track though by ditching the booze and weed. Smoking, eh........might as well kick it too. I said I would considering what took my Grandfather :-). Course 12 years later............still smoking. Least we're not smoking home rolled tobacco or Lucky Strikes without filters though It is tough losing someone such as a Grandfather who has been a big part of your life. Ya have to think about how he will be new again when he crosses over. No hurt anywhere, he will be refreshed and ready to watch over you from above.
No worries about rambling, that is what we are here for
RCALLOYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 11:55 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

well i lost my grandma on my dad's side to cancer when i was five. i missed my first day of kindergarten for her funeral.

and the big man upstairs has been playing with me ever since. both my grandparents on my mom's side have had cancer and survived it. but you know what that means. it's going to come back. so that is what i have to look forward to. until then however my grandpa will continue to act way younger than he is . and i will give them hugs and joke and tell stories for as long as possible.
fuzzhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 05:25 AM   #10
RCC Addict

Blazed man we are with you here.I was also raised by my grandparent's and I lost my papaw when I was 14 to lung cancer and now my mom that didnt want me now has come back into my life and has around 6 months to live she has colon cancer and it has spread to other parts of her body.So man all you can really do is just spend as much time with your loved ones as you can.Even tho your granddad doesnt act like he can hear you he can hear you so just tell the man how you feel he will never forget it and you will fell better about yourself later on because you know you told him how you feel and how much he is loved.As far as the after life thing goes I also think that they drop in to check on you when ever they want.I also just get to thinking about my grandad just out of nowhere so I belive they are watching over us.
syco133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 01:18 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCALLOYS
I was 17 at the time I believe. NOT fun at all for me as he was my best friend and a very very important role model. He is a BIG part of where I am at today. I was up his butt most of the time in the shop Learned a lot from him and will never ever forget him. There is not ONE day that goes by that I don't think about him for one reason or another. Learned all sorts of stuff from him, so much I can't even begin to list it. In short, my Grandpa shaped and molded me into the man I am today at 30 years old. Just something about their generation, they always have time for us youngins.
He always made the best of everything and I never heard him complain the 17 years I knew him.
My Grandfather went into a coma as well and what is still tough for me today, I was the last person he talked with. However, is a good thing and maybe that was supposed to happen. Hope all goes well for you, best it can and your family. You are on the right track though by ditching the booze and weed. Smoking, eh........might as well kick it too. I said I would considering what took my Grandfather :-). Course 12 years later............still smoking. Least we're not smoking home rolled tobacco or Lucky Strikes without filters though It is tough losing someone such as a Grandfather who has been a big part of your life. Ya have to think about how he will be new again when he crosses over. No hurt anywhere, he will be refreshed and ready to watch over you from above.
No worries about rambling, that is what we are here for
you hit the nail on the head i got teary eyed , he did every thing in his powers to shape me. when i was out in the shop a sec a go i remered how he used to cralw on his back under a car and in a blink of an eye he would come out the a trany on his chest and get up and cary it in one arm to were evere he needed to put it. all i havwe been able to say is grandpa you know i love you right? and said i hope so your buddy and i love you more than any thing. and he is still my hero :-P today i was susposta start to collage but i am putting that off one more week. the 3 most important things he wanted from me are to graduate high scholl on time, get a trade and to keep on the straight and arrow. and im afraid i might let him down some where down the line. i think the least i can do is to help carry his coffen and sit with every one elce i dont want to be in the famliy room and his funerol. and thank you guys what you say helps me out. it lets me know that im not the only one that is going through this.
donnie
Old 08-01-2005, 02:40 PM   #12
Colt Python/SR9c

That sucks to hear man.. I lost my dad 2 yrs ago this past july. Talk about it being tough on ya.. a person that was your hero,best friend,etc. just to not be there the next day to laugh and cut up or even hug is very hard. Fawk, just writing this out thinking about it is hard..I have actually been sitting here for the past 10 mins trying to figure out what to say, but come up blank..... but it will eventually get better for ya.. you will always have them in your heart.

but as for the spirits walking around, i used to never believe it. since dad has died,there have been some strange things happen that you just can't explain what happened. also everyonce in awhile, you tend to see a shadow and stuff.. maybe it's their spirit or maybe it's just in your head because you want them to be there..........

ahh i'm done
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 03:46 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Hang in there Blazed. I wasn't raised by my Grandfather but like I said, he was a VERY big part of my life. When he got sick I knew he wasn't coming back home this time and so did he. Well, I got pretty hung up on letting him down as far as how my life was to be. However, the one thing he always told everybody, including me was "No matter what you do in life, just do it the best damn way you know how". For example, he'd ask my younger cousins what they wanted to be when they grew up. They'd say "A fireman, cowboy, truck driver"..........whatever. Well, Grandpa would say "Well, you be the best darn cowboy you can".
I was 17 when Grandpa crossed over and was having a pretty tough year to begin with. High school wasn't exactly on the top of my list and I had to go back a semester to graduate. Did a few recreational substances as well and drank quite a bit. You're on the right track like I stated previous by ditching the booze and weed. Cigarettes........you can get rid of them too eventually Maybe switch to Marlboro Lights instead of the Reds. Whew, them are some manly smokes, lol.
Talking to your Grandpa right now is the best thing you can do. He knows you're there, believe me. I spent countless hours just hanging out in my Grandpa's hospital room just shooting the breeze. Course he was in a coma so the conversation was kinda one sided but you know what I mean. Maybe talk about things you and he did years ago when you were younger, stuff you learned from him. Let him know he helped make you the person you are today. Although I can almost guarantee he already knows that! Is funny, I got to enjoy my Grandfather for 18 years and can remember almost EVERY darn thing he and I did together. I know each day there is always something that reminds me or makes me think of him. Since I am a machinist Grandpa is always watching over me. Sometimes I wonder what he'd think of the stuff we're designing and making!
Anywho, as I said previous............hope all is going as smoothly as possible. Try to get some sleep if ya haven't already. Will make things a little easier to deal with. I know you probably don't want to hear it but I'll tell ya anyway. When my Grandpa was in the hospital my Mom, myself and my Grandma spent a LOT of time there with him. Many people came to visit with him before he ended up going into the coma. Now, once he was in the coma we remained at his side and hung out with him. For about 3-4 days there was always someone there in his room be it me, my Mom or Grandma and my Dad would sit with him early in the morning before he went to work. Well, we finally decided we all needed to head home and take a break and get some rest. I had been home for 10 minutes and got a phone call. That phone call was my Mom saying as soon as we left the room, Grandpa crossed over. It was a hard phone call to accept but on the way back up to the hospital I realized he didn't have to hurt anymore. The entire time he was sick he didn't complain about anything, never did in all his 81 years either.
Really don't know what the point of the last story was but hope you can "read into it". Take care and we're thinking 'bout ya!
Old 08-01-2005, 04:27 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

i did read into it and got flash backs of stuff we did together, grandpa is 72 or 73
Old 08-01-2005, 04:46 PM   #15
RCC Addict

As bad as life get's this type of thing allway's makes you think and allways brings the family togater more than ever.I set with my papaw in the hospital a lot before he past away and like bill said about his my grandad never complained at all if anything he would try to laugh and cut up.About a week before he died he asked me if I could see the lite in the corner of the room and if I could here his mom talking I said I couldnt but he said I was blind and deaf.He also asked a couple more people if they saw it and everybody said no so he was pissed at all of us said we were all retarded.He saw it a couple times that week then he said he knew it was his mom that was coming to take him home I said no its just the drugs you aint going anywhere You gotta come home to watch wrestling with me and he just smiled and said he didnt think so this time this time I had to cuss the bad guy's for him this was on a friday my aunt was sitting with him saturday and he said his mom was back and the light was bright that he was going home and that he loved everybody and didnt want to hurt anyone but he was going to take a walk with his mom and then turned his head to the side and smiled and was gone from this world.To this day I know I hear him sometimes and I also know he play's his tired old jokes on me like he alway's did as does he to my granny he allways liked to move keys around and to hide your one of your dang shoe's.I miss him alot but like twisted said man life goes on and you will always have him in your heart and he will allway's watch over you.I also don't know why I told you guy's this but man do I ever feel better I really love this place it does really feel like a family to me god bless you all and blazed my brother stay strong we are here for ya man.Now I gotta go make shure where my key's and shoe's are.
syco133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 07:12 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

RIP GRANDPA. he passed away at about 5 mins to 6pm
Old 08-01-2005, 07:56 PM   #17
Pebble Pounder

Whle I know it will be hard, don't be saddened by his passing for he is in a better place. Rejoice in the good memories of the time spent together, these wil be with you the rest of your life and should be shared with whomever will listen.
old_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 09:03 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Sorry to hear Grandpa passed Blazed. However, like a few have said already and will say in the following days, he is in a better place. Remember, he doesn't hurt anymore and is new, refreshed and ready to watch over ya now from above
Old 08-01-2005, 10:43 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

i can feel him with me, when i went over to the guy around the cornor to have a beer, i felt something tightn up in my throut and im not realy craving a smoke but yet i still do. i left my pack over there and then a 30 mins ago i got anothe pack but now i want to go toss it into the ditch but thats 1/2 mile away in the dark and there cyotes out there :? so do i dare? my couzins wouldnt come in to see him that they want to rember him as he was, i do i can rember almost every thing weve done together form when i was 3 to today.

can he hear my when i talk to him in my head? we go tomarrow to veiw him and maybe then i will say "good bye old freind"

he was my grandpa my father and most of all my best freind and mentor

Last edited by blazed; 08-01-2005 at 10:46 PM.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:29 PM   #20
2006 2.2 National Champ

Sorry to hear it blazed, hang in there!!
BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote