Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Another Elite XC Nightmare....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2008, 09:14 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Hmmm.....My microwave popcorn did'nt even have time to get finished.

Last edited by TEDROCKZ; 10-04-2008 at 09:16 PM.
TEDROCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2008, 09:16 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Yup Kimbo's jaw is totally suspect and his career has always been over-rated.

I only wish they would have thrown Arlovski vs Kimbo to show Kimbo the exit to MMA fighting. Kimbo is overrated in a real fighting sport.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 09:18 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryterror View Post
Yup Kimbo's jaw is totally suspect and his career has always been over-rated.

I only wish they would have thrown Arlovski vs Kimbo to show Kimbo the exit to MMA fighting. Kimbo is overrated in a real fighting sport.

That would have been awsome.
Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 09:19 PM   #24
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze View Post
WTF!!! Kimbo got his ass beat....... period. OVERRATED......The jaw is not where you want to get hit. He got to fight a good ufc fighter, he got his ass kicked. That just proves the fact that the UFC is the top of the food chain, even there cast offs can win in the Elite XC. Kimbo got what was coming to him. Good stoppage.
It would have been nice if the referee would have allowed the fight to continue. Yes, Kimbo was getting owned, but it would have been nice to see him KO'd and not have the fight stopped. That is what I meant to say but didn't write it out like this time. My bad.
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 09:21 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
It would have been nice if the referee would have allowed the fight to continue. Yes, Kimbo was getting owned, but it would have been nice to see him KO'd and not have the fight stopped. That is what I meant to say but didn't write it out like this time. My bad.
I fight MMA. If you lay there and take 5 undefended punches its over......
Old 10-04-2008, 09:23 PM   #26
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Thank you for the clarification. I did not know that. Hence the ignorance in my post.
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 09:30 PM   #27
RCC Addict

The ref knew that if Kimbo hit the mat, he was done.

Kimbo is EXCELLENT at one thing, street fighting (which isn't a martial art ironically). I have watched every youtube Kimbo backyard/parking lot fight, and he is the best at what he does. But watch those fights, and you will notice one thing that sticks out..............they stop the fight if one man even goes half down, or the two fighters lock up.

YOU HAVE TO HAVE SOME SORT OF GROUND GAME TO FIGHT MMA!!! Kimbo has none! He has the possibility to knock out the best of the best if he stays on his feet (crazy hard and fast jabs), but it is way too one dimensional to be any threat in MMA.

Anyone pay attention to the little chat with Tito? He will be entering the circus soon also. Elite is going to end up being where UFC and Pride fighters go to die.
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 09:38 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

I think that's BS. I have been wanting to see this fight and I was pissed when the ref called it. If he gets his ass kicked that's one thing, but to stop it because he got in a certain number of hits is bs.

So once you hit the ground, if you take 5 hits undefended that's it?
Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 09:41 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

When your eyes are rolled back in your head and your arms are stiff, yes. I personally wouldn't want to have some one hit me 10 more times just to prove a point.
Old 10-04-2008, 09:43 PM   #30
I wanna be Dave

I'm not sure about the 5 punches thing but the rule I've seen and heard so many times is "you must as a defender continue to intelligently defend yourself". He was not doing that.

He then tried to scramble and fight the ref, it's obvious he was out of it at that point.
Old 10-04-2008, 09:43 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
When your eyes are rolled back in your head and your arms are stiff, yes. I personally wouldn't want to have some one hit me 10 more times just to prove a point.
It stunned him....thats about it. I always thought you either tapped out or didnt get up.
Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 09:57 PM   #32
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockcrawler View Post
It stunned him....thats about it. I always thought you either tapped out or didnt get up.
That stunning (getting rocked, where someone is out of it even for only a couple of seconds) usually leads to a huge ass whoopin, and the victim usually receives a bunch of injuries that he/she really didn't need to receive.

Obviously, this call needs to be made by a ref, who is the one closest to the action. Refs are human and make mistakes...........some call too early, some call too late. I have seen guys take much more of a whoopin than they needed to get before the ref stepping in, and I have seen refs call fights when both opponents appeared coherent and able to fight. Just nature of the beast.
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 10:38 PM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Point is, he was done.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:35 AM   #34
06 Super National Champ

JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 09:53 AM   #35
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Yeah, that fight was totally over the second kimbo went down. He could have had severe brain damage with ten more seconds of that fist.

How funny, nothing but right handed smackdown. Looks like kimbo tried to tap from the above shot.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 10:00 AM   #36
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb View Post
The ref knew that if Kimbo hit the mat, he was done.

Kimbo is EXCELLENT at one thing, street fighting (which isn't a martial art ironically). I have watched every youtube Kimbo backyard/parking lot fight, and he is the best at what he does. But watch those fights, and you will notice one thing that sticks out..............they stop the fight if one man even goes half down, or the two fighters lock up.

YOU HAVE TO HAVE SOME SORT OF GROUND GAME TO FIGHT MMA!!! Kimbo has none! He has the possibility to knock out the best of the best if he stays on his feet (crazy hard and fast jabs), but it is way too one dimensional to be any threat in MMA.

Anyone pay attention to the little chat with Tito? He will be entering the circus soon also. Elite is going to end up being where UFC and Pride fighters go to die.

I agree and I'm a Kimbo fan. He's a beast! But, he doesn't have a ground game. He's a slugger an 09' Tyson. If he wants to be a cage fighter he needs to spend some time training with some Ju Jitsu fighters.

I washoping to see more of a fight though... or should I say A fight!
Crawln Coles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 02:15 PM   #37
Pebble Pounder

I too have been watching Kimbo's internet fights for a few years and was stoked to hear when he was fighting mma last year. But like my buddies and I said and you guys also he is a brawler, a flat out arse kicker in backyards but thats it. Good for him for getting on prime time tv and making a bunch of money but I think its all a joke. I went to school with Scott Smith and was hoping he would do well when he fought and, he almost won his first prime time fight even though he was fighting a more experinced fighter. And thats Elite XC in a nutshell, no names vs fairly good to good fighters. And back to the joke part, would one punch to the eye really make Kimbo go down on all fours? I have seen him take way harder shots and just smoke the guy right back. Oh and Tito Ortiz now!!
yarddog35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 07:18 AM   #38
I wanna be Dave

1 simple point.

Kimbo would have to fight Nogueira, Mir, Fedor to become the best heavyweight. He couldn't beat a 205# undercard UFC drop out, Seth Petruzelli, who is not terrible but could not even compete with a true UFC or Fedor heavy weight.

I'm sorry Kimbo is a big ego'd bouncer that's all. Now we know his chin is weak, he will likely be losing a lot of fights quickly.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:35 AM   #39
06 Super National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryterror View Post
1 simple point.

Kimbo would have to fight Nogueira, Mir, Fedor to become the best heavyweight. He couldn't beat a 205# undercard UFC drop out, Seth Petruzelli, who is not terrible but could not even compete with a true UFC or Fedor heavy weight.

I'm sorry Kimbo is a big ego'd bouncer that's all. Now we know his chin is weak, he will likely be losing a lot of fights quickly.
Is there anything on which you don't consider yourself an expert?
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:21 AM   #40
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonInAugusta View Post
Is there anything on which you don't consider yourself an expert?
Many things good sir.