LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2008, 11:50 AM   #21
Quarry Creeper

$3.08 here
tltman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2008, 11:51 AM   #22
Quarry Creeper

just saw it for 2.99 here in san diego. back under 3.00 bucks a gallon lets hope this downward trend sticks for a while. oh yeah screw opec.
calcat430d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 01:08 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWISTER View Post
Less demand + unchanged supply = lower price
Exactly due to the world wide banking crisis demand world wide has dropped drastically. Don't worry owr best friends at OPEC just cut production to get those prices right back up there again.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 02:16 PM   #24
Rock Stacker

Down to $1.99 in oklahoma city, and around Dell City.
ClodMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 04:34 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClodMonster View Post
Down to $1.99 in oklahoma city, and around Dell City.

I hope it gets that low here, we are at $2.16, but its hard to keep up, its dropping by the hour around here. I'm loving these prices, while they still aren't cheap, they are alot better. And I don't feel so bad when ripping the Monte around anymore
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 05:02 PM   #26
Picky Fab'r/Acetal Junky

Paid $2.75 here this morning...and it was $2.85 at the same station yesterday afternoon on the way home.
Offroader5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 05:34 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

I seriously thought I was seeing shit at 6 am this morning when it said $2.39

I thought for sure it had to be $3.39

I filled the hummer up :-P
XSRCdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 06:03 PM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by run2jeepn View Post
So what does everyone think way the gas dropped so much so fast? The upcoming election? Or something esle?
I think it's a direct indicator of our economy. (More people are staying home and working on their RC stuff.) haha....
createacrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 06:04 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin2u View Post
Exactly due to the world wide banking crisis demand world wide has dropped drastically. Don't worry owr best friends at OPEC just cut production to get those prices right back up there again.
damit!!!!!
createacrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 06:25 PM   #30
Colt Python/SR9c

our gas is down to $1.90 at the moment
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 06:31 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

$2.49 here as of yesterday afternoon on the way home from work.
redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 07:40 PM   #32
Quarry Creeper

Kerosene was $4.21 on Thursday after work and Friday it was $3.12, 24 hours later it dropped $1.09. I use it for the heater in my hobby work shop. Glad I only got 1 gal Thursday and waited till Friday to buy 10 gallons. Gas is $2.82 here, its dropping, but not enuff or fast enuff for me to get excited about and I know it will jump back over $3+ once the election is over and the snow starts falling. All they need is a news man to say there is some BS storm comin and it will rocket right back up again.
blackfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 07:41 PM   #33
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin2u View Post
Did you hear about how Saudia Arabia left OPEC after OPEC demanded they cut production? Saudia Arabia has decided they want to produce all the oil they need to "meet the demands of the market". This is really going to hurt OPEC and give them way less influence of the price per barrel of oil.

Living in North Dakota I see things two ways. When oil was way up over $140 my hometown of Williston was BOOMING. The amount of money in that town was crazy for having less than 15,000 in population. Now that oil has plummeted things are a lot slower round these parts and many people with families are hurting (including my own). Of course all the stupid people who moved here for rig jobs built houses and bought property, now when they leave after getting laid off my hometown gets absolutely F'd in the A. This has happened before in the 80's. Everyone likes paying less for gas, but people in America also get hurt pretty bad by this. We need to drill more in our own damn country to help our own damn citizens DAMMIT!

My dad has worked his ASS of his whole life and the stock his retirement is based on is worth about 1/4 of what it was when oil was at $140 and gas was above $4. He just retired about a month ago and can't sell his stock because its worth dogsh!t:-(

If we just drilled more in the US, when the price of oil was high at least the money we spent on filling up our cars would stay here in the US

Last edited by 701 Technique; 10-25-2008 at 07:44 PM.
701 Technique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 07:44 PM   #34
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 701 Technique View Post
Did you hear about how Saudia Arabia left OPEC after OPEC demanded they cut production? Saudia Arabia has decided they want to produce all the oil they need to "meet the demands of the market". This is really going to hurt OPEC and give them way less influence of the price per barrel of oil.

Living in North Dakota I see things two ways. When oil was way up over $140 my hometown of Williston was BOOMING. The amount of money in that town was crazy for having less than 15,000 in population. Now that oil has plummeted things are a lot slower round these parts and many people with families are hurting (including my own). Of course all the stupid people who moved here for rig jobs built houses and bought property, now when they leave after getting laid off my hometown gets absolutely F'd in the A. This has happened before in the 80's. Everyone likes paying less for gas, but people in America also get hurt pretty bad by this. We need to drill more in our own damn country to help our own damn citizens DAMMIT!

My dad has worked his ASS of his whole life and the stock his retirement is based on is worth about 1/4 of what it was when oil was at $14o and gas was above $4. He just retired about a month ago and can't sell his stock because its worth sh!t:-(
yes.. but you just dont have that much oil to begin with..
Mr.Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 07:47 PM   #35
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Slave View Post
actually we do

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bakken_Formation
Old 10-25-2008, 07:54 PM   #36
Release your anger..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 701 Technique View Post
The Canadians are angry because they can't charge us $200 a barrel ,
since refining oil in Canada costs them $200 a barrel.

(P.S I find its better to humor Mr.Slave than to listen, he is a little slow if you now what i mean.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Slave View Post
Read dufus!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categor..._United_States
ThinkTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 08:06 PM   #37
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkTank View Post
(P.S I find its better to humor Mr.Slave than to listen, he is a little slow if you now what i mean.)

A lot of people don't know about the Williston Basin. When oil goes up to over $100 theres a lot of opportunity here to get $60-$100 thousand dollar jobs with no high school diploma.

Last edited by 701 Technique; 10-25-2008 at 08:08 PM.
Old 10-25-2008, 10:07 PM   #38
I wanna be Dave

yeah what happened to the " get used to the 4.00 bucks a gallon, it's here to stay" thing the news was spilling out there azz ........bob

bob1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 09:03 AM   #39
I wanna be Dave

OK why doesn't the price drop as fast as it went up? In Vegas it was jumping 20-30 overnight. Now it is dropping at a nickle every 3 days. Oil is cheaper than it was in the 80's so why don't we have 1.89 gas again? It will never happen. This is how the oil companies "condition" us to higher prices. You watch now that prices are dropping we will have convenient things pop up like a refinery that has to be cleaned or some mysterious revamp or change. This keeps production in check and prices up. The can't drop the prices too fast because that would make us happy and of course the oil companies cannot have that.

BTW the reason for the spike initially was the "speculators". When you are told that oil could go to 170 a barrel, every day trader is going to drive the demand up. Now that you don't hear that everyday the demand has diminished.
FrankyRizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 09:29 AM   #40
Pebble Pounder

the goverment has more to do with it than you all think, a few years back when russia decided to sell there oil for more to the west the US and saudi decided to flood the market with this ''cheap oil" and lowerd Russias price , since Russia platowed at their maximum barrel capacity they have slowed the cheap oil and let russia fall flat on their butt. so if you all think that the US dosent have the pull you are sadly mistaken . i bet i just heated this up a bit , its all there on msn a while back when i read it. i may not know the terminology but basically we put the russians in a resession first and now its come back to bite us in the rear
jombo is offline   Reply With Quote