Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Bad Taste

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2005, 11:07 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by microgoat

bet you wouldn't be such a smart-azz if it was your grandmother in that nursing home where 32 old people drowned in their wheelchairs.
Judging from his attitude I bet he would
slugzracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2005, 10:26 AM   #22
Pebble Pounder

I just wanted to say that I lost 1 of my brothers there he doesnt even live in that place he was working for a electrical company and while he was on the pole working with 1 of the Public Service type of peopel the peopel looted all there tools and shook the ladder and he fell like 20ft to his death because those peopel don't want to live in society anymore I just don't understand why peopel are hurting peopel who are try to help them I am very disappointed in those people
RodyRazorBackc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 10:41 AM   #23
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trike Kid
Great, the bush bashing pinko's have infiltrated and poisoned the RCC boards.
Thank you TK. I was just thinking the same damn thing. I'm glad someone else around here has some common since.
Texrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 02:39 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 04:40 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will

So...are you saying this is the presidents fault and not that of your states elected officials?
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 05:23 PM   #26
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockpiledriver
So...are you saying this is the presidents fault and not that of your states elected officials?

Thank you Rockpiledriver.
The President does not work single handedly. He has to weed through all the bureacratic bull**** just to make one single thing happen in this country. Even in an emergency. I think its stupid that all the whiney liberals instantly start pointing fingers instead of trying to help the people of LA. They instantly started pointing fingers at the President and his administation when this is something that is usually and should be started on a local and state level. Not a federal level. But the freaking media does not want you and me to believe that.
People need to wise up to the way it works before you open any mouths and look like a dip****.
Old 09-09-2005, 05:43 PM   #27
Rock Crawler

I do not know about all the political stuff who is right who is wrong . It is not for me to gudge. But my hart goes out to any one stuck in the disaster and any one trying to help that dies. too sad, have some respect! all over the earth there is some type of Natural Disaster that may hit any of us. Do what you can to help. If every one in the world donated one dollar think how much that could help.
RandyatBBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 06:27 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockpiledriver
How can you guys Blame the President for this Tragedy? How could he help Anyway? He Was still on his last Week of a 5-Week vacation, and there is no way he gets paid enough to cut it Short by a few days! It's not like he cut the Funding to finish the Levy for his War effort $$$!!!! It's not like the Federal Gov. could just Air-drop supplies like Food, Water, and Diapers to the Victims in dire need to avoid some of the looting! It's not like the Federal Gov. could just Airlift OUT the entire populous of survivors from the Coliseum to Safety from start to finish in just 11 hours!!!???

If anything, This Tragedy only confirms that the President is not quick to just "Send our Troops In" like everybody thought.

I would not go and Call Myself Anti-Bush, but it sure seems like he is Suckin Sh!t on this one.

Please feel free to Correct me if I'm Wrong.............................
JakeTheAlligatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 06:55 PM   #29
06 Super National Champ

http://newsbusters.org/node/1070

Red Cross and Salvation Army Barred by Louisiana Officials, and the MSM Won't Report It

Posted by Rick Moore on September 9, 2005 - 00:17.

For two days now Fox News' Major Garrett has reported on first the Red Cross, and then the Salvation Army, being denied entrance to New Orleans by Louisiana State authorities. According to Garrett and the Red Cross website, officials didn't want the food, water and sanitary supplies to get to the Superdome and Convention Center because it might encourage others to come to those sites rather than evacuate the city. The result of the decision to withhold aid was thousands of New Orleans citizens trying to survive in horrific conditions without much needed supplies. The Louisiana National Guard, which was not tasked with providing survival supplies to evacuees, had to divert their attention from law enforcement and rescue operations to providing aid to the desperate families looking for the basics of life.

This is a significant story of bureaucratic bungling on a huge and deadly scale, and yet Fox is the only mainstream broadcast entity reporting this story. Despite running on Fox for two days and being carried throughout the blogosphere and on talk radio, none of the other mainstream media outlets have picked this story up. Why? My guess is they've already written the conclusion to the Katrina story - Bush fiddled while New Orleans drowned - and facts which contradict that conclusion are simply too inconvenient to report.

Had the governor of Louisiana been a Republican, would the mainstream press have given this story a pass? I think not.

UPDATE: CNN's Tom Foreman on Thursday's NewsNight reported the Red Cross complaint about not being let into New Orleans.

More...

http://www.timescommunity.com/site/t...d=506035&rfi=6

Loudoun Sheriff's deputies and emergency personnel were on their way to hurricane-stricken Louisiana Thursday night but had to turn around when the federal government failed to come up with the required paperwork.

Sheriff Steve Simpson and his staff spent 12 hours trying to get the Federal Emergency Management Agency and the State of Louisiana Emergency Operations Center to act act. They didn't, and the 20 deputies and six emergency medical technicians - all volunteers -- turned around and came back to Loudoun.

The deputies' experience brings to our doorsteps a glaring illustration of the chaos in the wake of Hurricane Katrina. But it does not dampen the deputies' willingness to assist: They may try again next week.

The deputies packed up to head south after a request from the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Department. The department serves an area around New Orleans.

Deputies left Leesburg at 9 p.m. Thursday. They reached Harrisonburg at midnight and were told that neither FEMA nor the Louisiana was willing to act on the request from Jefferson Parish.

The deputies were to have been sworn in as local law enforcement officers and would have worked with teams in some of the most devastated areas. The relief team had gathered enough supplies to be self-sufficient for up to 14 days.

More...FEMA did a "Hurricane Pam" Excercise in 2004...from www.nola.com

FEMA knew storm's potential, National Hurricane Center's Mayfield says
Sunday, 4:44 p.m.

By Mark Schleifstein
Staff writer, Times-Picayune

MORE...

Dr. Max Mayfield, director of the National Hurricane Center, said Sunday that officials with the Federal Emergency Management Agency and the Department of Homeland Security, including FEMA Director Mike Brown and Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff, listened in on electronic briefings given by his staff in advance of Hurricane Katrina slamming Louisiana and Mississippi and were advised of the storm’s potential deadly effects.

Mayfield said the strength of the storm and the potential disaster it could bring were made clear during both the briefings and in formal advisories, which warned of a storm surge capable of overtopping levees in New Orleans and winds strong enough to blow out windows of high-rise buildings. He said the briefings included information on expected wind speed, storm surge, rainfall and the potential for tornados to accompany the storm as it came ashore.

“We were briefing them way before landfall,” Mayfield said. “It’s not like this was a surprise. We had in the advisories that the levee could be topped.

“I keep looking back to see if there was anything else we could have done, and I just don’t know what it would be,” he said.

Chertoff told reporters Saturday that government officials had not expected the damaging combination of a powerful hurricane levee breaches that flooded New Orleans.

Brown, Mayfield said, is a dedicated public servant.

“The question is why he couldn’t shake loose the resources that were needed,’’ he said.

Brown and Chertoff could not be reached for comment on Sunday afternoon.

In the days before Katrina hit, Mayfield said, his staff also briefed FEMA, which under the Department of Homeland Security, at FEMA’s headquarters in Washington, D.C., its Region 6 office in Dallas and the Region 4 office in Atlanta about the potential effects of the storm.

He said all of those briefings were logged in the hurricane center’s records.

And Mayfield said his staff also participated in the five-day
“Hurricane Pam” exercise sponsored by FEMA and the Louisiana Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness in July 2004 that assumed a similar storm would hit the city.

FEMA’s own July 23, 2004, news release announcing the end of that exercise summed up the assumptions they used, which were eerily close to what Katrina delivered:
“Hurricane Pam brought sustained winds of 120 mph, up to 20 inches of rain in parts of southeast Louisiana and storm surge that topped levees in the New Orleans area. More than one million residents evacuated and Hurricane Pam destroyed 500,000-600,000 buildings. Emergency officials from 50 parish, state, federal and volunteer organizations faced this scenario during a five-day exercise held this week at the State Emergency Operations Center in Baton Rouge.

“The exercise used realistic weather and damage information developed by the National Weather Service, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, the LSU Hurricane Center and other state and federal agencies to help officials develop joint response plans for a catastrophic hurricane in
Louisiana.”

That plan assumed such a hurricane would result in the opening of 1,000 evacuee shelters that would have to be staffed for 100 days, and a search and rescue operation using 800 people. The storm would create 30 million tons of debris, including 237,000 cubic yards of household hazardous waste.

Mayfield said his concern now is that another named storm could hit either New Orleans or the Mississippi Gulf coast, as September is the most active month of the annual hurricane season.

“This is like the fourth inning in a nine-inning ballgame,” he said. “We know that another one would cause extreme stress on the people who have been hurt by Katrina.”

MORE...

http://hurricane.lsu.edu/floodpredic...AM_Exercise04/
20th July 2004 INTRODUCTION This CD was produced by the Center for the Study of Public Health Impacts of Hurricanes (CSPHIH) at Louisiana State University to aid participants to the Hurricane Pam Exercise better understand the impact of a Category 3 hurricane on the greater New Orleans area as well as SE and Central Louisiana.*
Too much material here to analyze it all.

Highlights:

Depth of flooding map (21.5 MB)
- Shows New Orleans under 10-14 feet of water.
ADCIRC Depth Of Flooding

Must read! Implications of the flooding scenario.
Coastal Land Loss, Hurricanes and New Orleans
Parts of the scenario described in this document are eerily predictive. The language is very clear. Emphases mine.
Floodwaters would have residence times of weeks. The resultant mix of sewage, corpses and chemicals in these standing flood waters would set the stage for massive disease outbreaks and prolonged chemical exposure. Estimates are that 300,000 persons would be trapped and 700,000 would be homeless; thousands could perish.
[snip]
Computer simulations using both the SLOSH (Sea, Lake and Overland Surges from Hurricanes is a computerized model run by the National Hurricane Center) storm surge model as well as the ADCIRC (a parallel ADvanced CIRCulation model for oceanic, coastal and estuarine waters) model show that a slow moving Category 3 storm, on any number of tracks, could flood New Orleans, from levee to levee, completely filling the bowl. For Category 4 and 5 storms the situation looks even bleaker.
[snip] The survey mentioned below was done with great care, including door-to-door researchers to ensure a valid sample.
Preliminary data from the survey are now available. Overall, 68.8% of respondents would leave the area, 9.8% would leave their homes but remain in the area, and 21.4% would remain in their homes. That 21.4% of respondents would remain in their homes is a startling and important statistic. This , because it indicates that nearly 1 in 4 New Orleans residents would refuse to leave their homes as a possibly deadly major hurricane approaches the City.
Also includes two animations of a storm surge simulation flooding New Orleans. Both files are over 40 MB.
South Eastern Louisiana with Wind Vectors
High Resolution Animation without Wind Vectors

A more internet-friendly version of these animations lives at the ADCIRC Development Group:
Example: Hypothetical Hurricane Pam

Last edited by JasonInAugusta; 09-09-2005 at 07:18 PM.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 08:45 PM   #30
Rock Stacker

I read this on another forum and I thought it made perfect sense.

1- 99% of the people who stayed behind wanted to stay behind- virtually no one was stranded. They were warned for days before hand. Some stayed to protect their homes, but most stayed so they could loot. I dont give a damn if you dont have a car... you know someone who does. Its not like N.O. is New York were most folks dont drive... if those folks were stranded then why didnt we see video on the news of 15-20 people stacked on cars/trucks rolling slow down interstate (think Pakistan)? Why were there evac buses with empty seats? Why are there 500,000 cars under water? Ill tell you why, because everyone that wanted to leave left. If i didnt have a way out and my family was in danger i would borrow/steal whatever i could get to get out of there. I would have no problem riding down the ditches of interstate on a friggin CR125 with my wife/kid to higher ground. Desperate times call for desperate measures, and if you decided to stay when you had the chance to leave then you have to deal with the concequences. Im not the smartest person in the world but i think i could figure out that a category 5 hurricane + my city below sea level + my city bordering the sea = armageddon. They said 2 days beforehand on the news there were going to be 20ft. swells minimum... the city is 12ft. below sea level. Surely someone there has a calculator.

2- The local government is mostly at fault for the too little too late relief effort. LA had no provisions for refugees. They had no food/water setup at shelters. They had inadequate LEO patrols, and they called in the national government too late. All of these things are the local governments responsibility. 5% of the problem is national government for dragging their feet, 95% of the problem is LA government for being a bunch of corrupt idiots who dont care about their citizens.

3- All looters caught without food or clothing should be shot on site, tagged, and left laying were they fall. You have no reason to take anything other than food, water, clothing, or transportation. You should already have some means of protection on you (gun, knife, whatever you choose), but i think it would be okay to snag a shotgun and a few boxes of shells for protection if you dont have anything . No, scratch that, you should have left when you had the chance so nogunforjo0.

4- New Orleans isnt even half of the total disaster yet sadly its the only thing getting news coverage. The bottom edge of Mississippi is GONE. The 20-something mile long Lake Pontchartrain bridge is GONE. There are entire cities laying at the bottom of the gulf now yet all we see are a few animals looting plasma's and raping and pilaging and shooting at helicopters on the news.
Old 09-09-2005, 08:47 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

what gets me is what's going on across the river in Mississippi. aid workers show up, see someone who needs help, help them and move on to the next one. the government stays out of it and people get the help they need.

the Red Cross, Coast Guard, local sheriffs, etc all know what to do and how to get it done. Houston's just about emptied the Astrodome, and 20k refugee kids are starting school there already. why the clusterfock in Nawlins? because the feds are involved.

of course it doesn't help that the head of FEMA's only experience is embezzling from a horse farm.

i'd piss and moan about the incompetence and corruption of this administration, but Dubya's just upholding tradition.

besides, none of the flood victims are Republicans.
microgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 08:53 PM   #32
Rock Crawler

Thanks JIA, all that info you posted I have been hearing for a couple of days now, but it was good to put in this post.

I feel great amounts of sympathy for anyone in that situation, hell, I hate my ex-wife and I wouldn't wish that on her. I will give to the red cross when I see the donations start to drop. They are getting money now, but what about 3 weeks from now.

As for the people trashing the residents of the big easy, grow up. The damage is done now help the put some type of a life back together. If you watched someone walk out into the street and then get hit by a car, would you run over and chastise tham for not obaying the cross walk? I hope that you would call 911, and then RUN over to see what kind of help you could offer. Don't bag on these people, their life is hard enough right now.

Now for the real a**holes in all of this, ABC, NBC, CBS, PMSNBC, and the cream of the crop, CNN. These jerks will run anything if it makes Bush look bad. Any "news" network that will put the likes of Jessie Jackson, or Al Sharpton on to spue thier crap without someone to hold them accountable is not a "news" network. That station already has a spin on what it is they trying to say. I want news, you know, what, when, why, were, and how. Even if I don't like what it is I am seeing, at least I know its the truth.

To many people get all of thier knowledge of national and world events from a 1/2 hour show at 5 o'clock, or the front page of a news paper. Both of these are trying to get you to buy something, them. If you have a computer, and if you are reading this you do, use it. Look up the truth. You will be suprised at how much the talking heads are either streaching the truth or flat a** lying about what you are seeing and hearing.

And for Bush, he called the govenor of LA trying to get the area evacuated. He also just cut free 52 BILLION dollars to the surviviors of the hurricane. This guy may not float everyones boat, but god d*** I am getting tyred of poeple calling him stupid, slow, a bumbler, only out for money and oil, etc........ I think he is doing pretty good knowing that he has delt with more hard times as president then the last 4 combined. The country is still here, I have a good job, I am not worrying about some one pulling the pin on themselfs to take out 100 people, not to bad Bush, not bad at all.

By the way micro goat, it is New Orleans.
God I hate slang.

Last edited by RD400; 09-09-2005 at 09:01 PM.
RD400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 09:32 PM   #33
Quarry Creeper

LISTEN TO ME YOU ****BAGS! I know Ray Nagin infact I just got off the phone with him! He has done everything in his power to help but with 1200 police officers he cannot stop the marauding bands of looters. I am sick and tired of ****ing morons that dont have a ****ing clue what they are talking about. I hate listening to stupid california *****es talk about local feds this local feds that **** THAT ****!!! You have no ****ing idea what it is like to loose EVERYTHING!!!!! MY grandparents pictures that I can never see again. My grandfather's rifle that he and I restored before he passed. Before you talk think about what it is like to be let down by your national government. -Will
Oh and another thing
**** YOU BUSH!!!!!
Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 09:38 PM   #34
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texrok
I read this on another forum and I thought it made perfect sense.

1- 99% of the people who stayed behind wanted to stay behind- virtually no one was stranded. They were warned for days before hand. Some stayed to protect their homes, but most stayed so they could loot. I dont give a damn if you dont have a car... you know someone who does. Its not like N.O. is New York were most folks dont drive... if those folks were stranded then why didnt we see video on the news of 15-20 people stacked on cars/trucks rolling slow down interstate (think Pakistan)? Why were there evac buses with empty seats? Why are there 500,000 cars under water? Ill tell you why, because everyone that wanted to leave left. If i didnt have a way out and my family was in danger i would borrow/steal whatever i could get to get out of there. I would have no problem riding down the ditches of interstate on a friggin CR125 with my wife/kid to higher ground. Desperate times call for desperate measures, and if you decided to stay when you had the chance to leave then you have to deal with the concequences. Im not the smartest person in the world but i think i could figure out that a category 5 hurricane + my city below sea level + my city bordering the sea = armageddon. They said 2 days beforehand on the news there were going to be 20ft. swells minimum... the city is 12ft. below sea level. Surely someone there has a calculator.

2- The local government is mostly at fault for the too little too late relief effort. LA had no provisions for refugees. They had no food/water setup at shelters. They had inadequate LEO patrols, and they called in the national government too late. All of these things are the local governments responsibility. 5% of the problem is national government for dragging their feet, 95% of the problem is LA government for being a bunch of corrupt idiots who dont care about their citizens.

3- All looters caught without food or clothing should be shot on site, tagged, and left laying were they fall. You have no reason to take anything other than food, water, clothing, or transportation. You should already have some means of protection on you (gun, knife, whatever you choose), but i think it would be okay to snag a shotgun and a few boxes of shells for protection if you dont have anything . No, scratch that, you should have left when you had the chance so nogunforjo0.

4- New Orleans isnt even half of the total disaster yet sadly its the only thing getting news coverage. The bottom edge of Mississippi is GONE. The 20-something mile long Lake Pontchartrain bridge is GONE. There are entire cities laying at the bottom of the gulf now yet all we see are a few animals looting plasma's and raping and pilaging and shooting at helicopters on the news.

DAMN FU(KIN STRAIGHT THATS RIGHT *****ES HES SOOO RIGHT ABOUT THAT...
nd4spdbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 09:45 PM   #35
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd4spdbh

and im not paying a single dime to the Huricane reliefe fund bull****.

Yeah nevermind those people who did evacuate and lost everything they owned
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 10:07 PM   #36
06 Super National Champ

Will,

Just because you know someone doesn't mean that they're right.

When I was in the military I met quite a few people, but knowing them doesn't mean I agree with what they do, or believe that what they say is right.

What's going on right now in New Orleans can be blamed on piss poor planning on part of local, state, and federal government.

There was a HUGE communication failure...FEMA didn't know people were gathered at the Convention Center. Why didn't this info make it from the local and state gov't to FEMA?

It's easy to point the finger at the President, right? After all, that's why we elect a President...we need a figure head to point to when things go wrong. (Makes our lives easier, ya know? How on Earth could I be held responsible for decisions regarding my life? Must be the President's fault, right?)

It's not the Government's fault that these people chose to stay.

But it IS the Government's fault that it took so long to get the ball rolling to help them and poor communication has made this a big-*** mess.

Hopefully everyone involved in government will learn something from this.

I know since Sept 11th '01 the local government here has been going over plans if local sites were to become terrorist targets.

I think Katrina caught LA off-guard and the local and state gov't was caught with their pants down...how on Earth could a state Governer DENY food and water to those in the Superdome?

If this proves to be true I would expect wrongful death lawsuits to be filed against her.

Don't even get me going on the parents that stayed with babies and infants...if they can't make a decent decision regarding the safety of thier kids, call CPS.

Last edited by JasonInAugusta; 09-09-2005 at 10:10 PM.
Old 09-09-2005, 10:19 PM   #37
Rock Crawler

AMEN JIA. You need to be the person to rebut all the crap that falls out of the nightly news and the daily paper
RD400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 10:38 PM   #38
06 Super National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD400
AMEN JIA. You need to be the person to rebut all the crap that falls out of the nightly news and the daily paper
Read the sig.
Old 09-10-2005, 02:54 PM   #39
Quarry Creeper

I'll have to agree with JIA. Bush is not the one to take the blame. One of the problems I saw with this is that the Governor of LA didn't declare a State of Emergency for hours and hours. Each state governs itself, and it is written in stone, very clearly than for a state to recieve federal help, the Governor must declare the State of Emergency. When Florida gets hit hard, they declare it within the hour, most of the time. When California got rocked with the big earthquake in the early 90's, a State of Emergency was declared within 15 min. I believe (don't quote me on it) that the Governor of LA didn't declare a State of Emergency untell 4 to 5 hours after the flooding to place. She was even quoted on TV saying that the Major of New Orleans didn't have the power to order a manditory evac. that only she had the power, and she didn't feel that it was necessary at that time. I think this all boils down to a Governor that was in a power struggle with a Mayor, and she didn't what to admit that she blew it, and her state was now in deep ****. This is just my opinion. I'm just an onlooker that is making an observation from an outside position.
Trailerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 01:29 PM   #40
06 Super National Champ

Speaking of Local Government...check this out..

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WEATHER/09/1....ap/index.html

At 11 a.m. EDT Sunday, Ophelia was 265 miles (426 kilometers) east-southeast of Charleston, South Carolina, and about 250 miles (402 kilometers) south of Cape Hatteras, South Carolina. The storm was nearly stationary after following a meandering course since becoming a tropical storm Wednesday off the coast of Florida.

In North Carolina, Gov. Mike Easley declared a state of emergency as the storm's meandering track shifted northward and a Tuesday landfall was forecast for the Carolina coast.

That dude knows what's up. Even though this hurricane is nearly stationary, and still over 200 miles off shore, there's no sense in taking chances.