Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: WWAHAHAHAHAHA Rust Tacoma now with PICS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2009, 05:37 PM   #21
MODERHATER™

Before it was the bed rusted off the back now the frame?
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2009, 05:43 PM   #22
Who's your Daddy-0!

Quote:
Originally Posted by microgoat View Post
C'mon, run the lift the rest of the way up! And get video
Then it WOULD be a Taco.
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 07:12 PM   #23
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by freetimecrawler View Post
The Japs haven't made a better car then the USA for a long time now.
Hopefully people will start realizing that fact.
Americans are putting our own auto business out of business by buying this junk.
Take some pride in your own countrys products, and the economy will rise again.

The big 3 are going out of business because they can't compete and can't seem to realize that they need to step up their game.

National pride is only worthwhile when there is something to be proud about. Untill Detroit can pull its head out of its ass and start building its own quality, reliable, fuel efficient cars and trucks that the average person can afford my money will go elsewhere.

Here's some fun facts...

From GM's own website...
"GM is the majority shareholder in GM Daewoo Auto & Technology Co. of South Korea, and has product, powertrain and purchasing collaborations with Suzuki Motor Corp. and Isuzu Motors Ltd. of Japan. GM also has advanced technology collaborations with DaimlerChrysler AG and BMW AG of Germany and Toyota Motor Corp. of Japan, and vehicle manufacturing ventures with several automakers around the world, including Toyota, Suzuki, Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp. of China, AVTOVAZ of Russia and Renault SA of France."

From Wikipedia...
"Ford also owns Volvo Cars of Sweden, and a small stake in Mazda of Japan and Aston Martin of England."

From Chryslers corporate site...
(I had to condense this to keep it to the point...comments in red are mine)
Chrysler LLC has a variety of partnerships and joint ventures with companies around the globe....
~Chrysler/Mercedes/GM/BMW co-op, Global Engine Manufacturing Alliance (GEMA) is a joint venture comprised of Chrysler, Hyundai and Mitsubishi Motors, which manufactures a family of World Engines.
~Daimler AG retains 19% stock interest.
~BBDC is a joint venture between Chrysler, Mercedes and Beijing Automotive Industry Holding Co. (BAIC), which operates a manufacturing facility in Beijing that produces Mercedes-Benz vehicles, as well as the Chrysler 300C and Chrysler Sebring for local markets (oops! Thats doesn't sound like its made in America, now does it?).
~Hyundai builds compact cars in Korea for the Dodge brand in Mexico. ~China Motor Corporation (CMC) produces the Chrysler Town & Country and cargo vans for the Dodge brand in Taiwan for the local market. ~Chrysler manufactures the Mitsubishi Raider pickup truck at its Warren, Mich., Truck Assembly Plant for sales in North America (so is that an import or not?).
~Chrysler will manufacture minivans for Volkswagen for sale in North America.
~Chrysler manufactures engines in Mexico for GAZ in Russia.
~Chrysler and Arab American Vehicles Company have a joint venture to build Jeep brand vehicles in Egypt (gasp!).
~Chrysler and Chery have an agreement for a strategic cooperation for Chery to build Chrysler, Jeep or Dodge vehicles for North America, Europe and Latin America.

So it seems that the consumer is not the only one to blame for taking our money over-seas.

btw: props to Toyota for stepping up and taking good care of its customers.

Last edited by Duuuuuuuude; 01-22-2009 at 07:16 PM.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 09:42 PM   #24
Web Wheeling

Toyota makes right on their recalls. They replaced the steering relay arm on my 1989 pickup when it had over 240k on it, and had been wheeled. They put no year or millage restrictions on some of their recalls. And buying it back these tacomas at higher then blue book value if they have this rust problem is awesome.
Etype R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 09:50 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

was that first vid before or after it was on the lift.............bob

bob1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:38 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etype R View Post
Toyota makes right on their recalls. They replaced the steering relay arm on my 1989 pickup when it had over 240k on it, and had been wheeled. They put no year or millage restrictions on some of their recalls. And buying it back these tacomas at higher then blue book value if they have this rust problem is awesome.

Now there's the newest and coolest one.... PS rack on Camry Hybrids, Highlander Hybrids. We've been doing about 7 a day. It's great!!

Hey Mike... what kind of lifts are those? Those are tiny and make it nearly impossible to work under a rig. Is it an old dealership that hasn't updated in 15+ years?
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 12:03 AM   #27
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyofast View Post
Hey Mike... what kind of lifts are those? Those are tiny and make it nearly impossible to work under a rig. Is it an old dealership that hasn't updated in 15+ years?
You should see the ancient lifts at my shop I'm sure some of them are older than me. You dealer guys should count your blessings

Oh well, at least I get plenty of work.
chrisjlittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 06:06 AM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etype R View Post
Actually it’s a silent recall, which means they don’t notify the general public of a problem with a vehicle, and will only do something if the customer comes in and complains about that an issue. If they were going to do the right thing they would do a voluntary recall to have every single truck inspected to see how bad they are before they actually fail.

But of coarse knowing Toyota they do get called out on this they will probably blame the weather or our American lifestyle of eating fast food that caused the problem
xzk7nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 06:09 AM   #29
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
You couldn't give me One of those pieces of shit for free

Americans are putting our own auto business out of business by buying this junk.

Are you aware that Toyota trucks are made here I have had 2 tacos, both with over 100k with lifts rolling on 35s there entire lives and never required anything more then basic maint. Unlike my fathers ford f-350 which is on its 3rd turbo, 3 rd EGR valve, 4 fuel injection ECU etc...shall I go on? Toyota makes a good vehicle, and even when they fawk up they make good...they are replacing the trucks and when they had the bed rot issue they made good on that... My mom also had a 91 camry, 156k on it still going strong...since then she has had to shitastic BMWs, a ranger and now she just bought a lifted 05 taco on 35...

Quote:
Originally Posted by microgoat View Post
C'mon, run the lift the rest of the way up! And get video
The shop OG Terry was going too but my friend Mike stopped him because there are still fuel lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
Before it was the bed rusted off the back now the frame?
They made good on that issue as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob1961 View Post
was that first vid before or after it was on the lift.............bob

After

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyofast View Post
Now there's the newest and coolest one.... PS rack on Camry Hybrids, Highlander Hybrids. We've been doing about 7 a day. It's great!!

This shop is NEW, only 3 years old but it was built for Ford, we then swapped buildings for some reason... I think because its bigger then what Toyota had and we are more productive...but I have been only here for a year so i dont know the whole story (owners own a Ford and this toyota)
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 07:34 AM   #30
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
You couldn't give me One of those pieces of shit for free

Yeah cuz Ford is so much better. HHmmm lets leave the wire to the cruise control switch LIVE while the ignition is in the OFF position. Im sure the people who lost their vehicles or worse, their homes to an Idiotic Ford idea are real happy with this countries vehicle.

Did Ford give those people their homes or new vehicles? Nope, let the insurance pick it up and we'll just handle the ones that havent burnt to the ground yet.Atleast Toyota recognized a problem and handled it at Corp level.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 08:37 AM   #31
Debunking old stereotypes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post
Are you aware that Toyota trucks are made here I have had 2 tacos, both with over 100k with lifts rolling on 35s there entire lives and never required anything more then basic maint. Unlike my fathers ford f-350 which is on its 3rd turbo, 3 rd EGR valve, 4 fuel injection ECU etc...shall I go on? Toyota makes a good vehicle, and even when they fawk up they make good...they are replacing the trucks and when they had the bed rot issue they made good on that... My mom also had a 91 camry, 156k on it still going strong...since then she has had to shitastic BMWs, a ranger and now she just bought a lifted 05 taco on 35...

The shop OG Terry was going too but my friend Mike stopped him because there are still fuel lines

They made good on that issue as well

After

This shop is NEW, only 3 years old but it was built for Ford, we then swapped buildings for some reason... I think because its bigger then what Toyota had and we are more productive...but I have been only here for a year so i dont know the whole story (owners own a Ford and this toyota)

Yeah, I'm well aware that there made here. I knew that was going to come up. 100k really isn't a big deal. I've driven most new vehicles I've had for the last 15 years, well over 100k with only changing oil, plugs go at least 100k in new vehicles.
Also isn't your step-dads truck used for towing? Thats a little different then driving to work and back or to the GF's house and back.
I driven 3 F-150's with straight 6's to over 400k with nothing but starters, alt, belts/hoses etc, and no major over hauls. Toyoyta's are't the only vehicle you can get lots of miles from.
I also have a 12 year old Chev Cavalier (not a Chevy guy really, price was right) with 180k on it and nothing major ever done, in fact, I haven't even botherd to change the oil in it sence Dec of 07, and I drove this car to the Midwest 2.2 Challange, and the Battle Grounds comp in Oh. Did I mention it averages 35 mpg. I also have a 22 year old Jeep with over 200k and no major over-haul ever, the AC blows out the vents at 48 degrees, and everything still works on this Jeep. I don't even see many 22 year old Toyota's on the road around Mn.
I'm not here to argue the auto industry with anyone.
This is just my personal opinion, and experience.
I've owned 1 Toyota new in my life, it was an 88 pickup and the bed rusted bad in about 4 years. I had to replace the bed, or not carry anything very heavy in it, and that sucked, cause I use my trucks for work.
And no, you don't need to go on about your step-dads issues with his Ford, I read that thread
I'm sure we could all list problems from every manufacture that friends/family have had with their vehicles, but this thread would get pretty long and boring. I'm also sure we could also all post about high mileage vehicles we've had too from different manfactures.
Check Powers ratings on new cars these days, and you'll see American quality is just fine.
We all can drive what we want, it's a free country.
I'll stick to my American vehicles, and drive them with pride.
freetimecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 08:47 AM   #32
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Yeah, I'm well aware that there made here. I knew that was going to come up. 100k really isn't a big deal. I've driven most new vehicles I've had for the last 15 years, well over 100k with only changing oil, plugs go at least 100k in new vehicles.
Also isn't your step-dads truck used for towing? Thats a little different then driving to work and back or to the GF's house and back.
I driven 3 F-150's with straight 6's to over 400k with nothing but starters, alt, belts/hoses etc, and no major over hauls. Toyoyta's are't the only vehicle you can get lots of miles from.
I also have a 12 year old Chev Cavalier (not a Chevy guy really, price was right) with 180k on it and nothing major ever done, in fact, I haven't even botherd to change the oil in it sence Dec of 07, and I drove this car to the Midwest 2.2 Challange, and the Battle Grounds comp in Oh. Did I mention it averages 35 mpg. I also have a 22 year old Jeep with over 200k and no major over-haul ever, the AC blows out the vents at 48 degrees, and everything still works on this Jeep. I don't even see many 22 year old Toyota's on the road around Mn.
I'm not here to argue the auto industry with anyone.
This is just my personal opinion, and experience.
I've owned 1 Toyota new in my life, it was an 88 pickup and the bed rusted bad in about 4 years. I had to replace the bed, or not carry anything very heavy in it, and that sucked, cause I use my trucks for work.
And no, you don't need to go on about your step-dads issues with his Ford, I read that thread
I'm sure we could all list problems from every manufacture that friends/family have had with their vehicles, but this thread would get pretty long and boring. I'm also sure we could also all post about high mileage vehicles we've had too from different manfactures.
Check Powers ratings on new cars these days, and you'll see American quality is just fine.
We all can drive what we want, it's a free country.
I'll stick to my American vehicles, and drive them with pride.
right on Not here to pick a fight, I just love when people think that the trucks are "jap crap" because they dont know they are made here.... And my stepdad's truck....yeah I dont even want to go there that truck is a constant aggrivation.
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 02:22 PM   #33
Rock Crawler

Had a '79 'Yota come in to a shop I worked at once like that. But much, much worse, and much scarier.

Dude came in because he just got done putting a 6-inch lift on it, and had ordered in a set of 35-inch boggers to the shop I worked at.

Now, I should describe the truck.

Imagine a '79 HiLux. Rotted to DEATH. Holes in the doors and bedsides big enough to fit both fists through. No rockers left to speak of. Rear cab mounts gone. Hole in the bed floor big enough to drop a 235/75-15 through, covered with a nicely-cut hunk of plywood so he could actually haul shit in it. I got to get in it, and there is literally NO FLOOR. THE ONLY THING LEFT WAS THE TRANSMISSION TUNNEL! The rest was all just mesh chicken-wire!!!!!!

Nice big winch bumper on the front (complete with a nice new Warn 9000lb. on it) Roll bar in the bed with new KC lights on it. (Roll bar was clinging to very few chunks of what was left of the rear wheel houses.)

I pull the thing in and got to lift it, and it starts doing what that 'Taco did. Folding in half.

I look under it, and the only thing holding the two halves of the truck together were the side tube steps!!!!!

Best part? License plates said "Relic" on 'em.

I showed the guy the frame and he's like "yeah, I know, I'm gonna fix this thing up here pretty soon."

I looked at him and said "What are ya gonna do, get a different truck?"

And the ab-so-lute scariest part? He drove it 60 miles one way to work every day, on the interstate!!!!!!

That was 10 years ago. Think the guy's still alive?

And as far as the whole "American vs. japanese" thing goes, I've been an auto tech for ten years. ALL car brands have their problems. And every model, every year has their particular problems and failures.
JavelinSST390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 05:39 PM   #34
I wanna be Dave

My girlfriends dad just got $15k for his 220,000 mile Taco.

He beat the crap out of that thing every day, and took it in to have a "vibration" looked at.

they wouldn't let him drive it off the lot, gave him a rental car for 31 days, and a check that was 10x what he truck really was worth...

I was
XSRCdesign is offline   Reply With Quote