Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: pics of nitro crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2005, 10:03 AM   #21
I wanna be Dave

I don't doubt it can crawl but I do know it won't crawl as well as a well build clod. Also....your biggest disappointment will come when you attend an event at a public park and you will not be able to start the engine.
DirkDigler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2005, 10:20 AM   #22
I joined the Band!

never said its better than a electric truck, but i dont think a clod is a truck at all, to easy with no tranny, that would be like me installing hydraulic drive on my 1:1 crawler
savagesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 10:24 AM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagesteve
never said its better than a electric truck, but i dont think a clod is a truck at all, to easy with no tranny, that would be like me installing hydraulic drive on my 1:1 crawler
Great point. I always try and make things more difficult on myself in everything I do. I hate when things are easy. Today....instead of taking the elevator to the 50th floor of my building.....I ran up the stairs.
And later today.....I'm going to walk home, 60 miles, instead of driving my car.
In fact, I am going to dump my coffee all over my desk right now because using a cup to hold the coffee is way too easy.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:34 AM   #24
I joined the Band!

your right but i could not not imagine life using and accepting everything people before me used (your so cool i want to be just like you ,too lazy to try something new and so self absorbed to think anybody else can try.)
Old 12-12-2005, 10:40 AM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
your right but i could not not imagine life using and accepting everything people before me used (your so cool i want to be just like you ,too lazy to try something new and so self absorbed to think anybody else can try.)
I'm glad to see you try and give you props for doing it. Trying something new though? Uuuuuuuuhm......I tried your "new" idea years ago with a Tmaxx, Savage and XFactor...all nitro. Lazy....maybe I am now, after putting in all kinds of hard work before you ever knew rc crawling existed. Self absorbed....YES. I do only care about myself and I also think that everyone else on earth is beneath my feet.
I admire you for trying. In the words of Randal P. MacMurphy, "At least I tried God Dammit, at least I tried." ...and I commend you. But you must also turn around and expect people to rip on your truck because it is lame.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:43 AM   #26
I joined the Band!

and becouse you failed means everyone will?
Old 12-12-2005, 10:49 AM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
and becouse you failed means everyone will?
Failed. No. My nitro crawlers worked very well.....and as I said in a previous post...yours will work well too. However, I see no reason in dedicating time into something that starts off as a poor platform, only to create a poor outcome, in relation to a good crawler. To each his own! If you like starting with below average and creating average, that is fine with me. Nice job.
Oh...wait! I do have a nice little Kia in the garage. Perhaps I will turn it into a Formula Dragster.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:57 AM   #28
I joined the Band!

im not saying nitro crawling is new i am saying i have one that runs at 220 for 40 min. straight and as slow as a electric buggy, with enough torqe to crawl over or flip off any thing i point it at, the only place im jelous is you guys have instant reverse, but in 1:1 crawling using reverse means points, is it the same in rc?
Old 12-12-2005, 11:01 AM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
im not saying nitro crawling is new i am saying i have one that runs at 220 for 40 min. straight and as slow as a electric buggy, with enough torqe to crawl over or flip off any thing i point it at, the only place im jelous is you guys have instant reverse, but in 1:1 crawling using reverse means points, is it the same in rc?
Sounds like you are more interested in creating something cool, than actually winning a comp. That is cool. Not everyone has that competitive nature in them that makes them want to win all the time.
A reverse counts as one point according to our rules.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:04 AM   #30
I joined the Band!

i would like to see a nitro class in the crawling scene
Old 12-12-2005, 11:07 AM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
i would like to see a nitro class in the crawling scene
won't happen.
We are lucky to have areas to crawl in with our "noiseless" electrics. We have been booted out of most of the parks around colorado. You bring in the nitros and we'd be shut down at all the places we are still allowed into. There are still private land owners who would allow it but those places are not desireable for serious comps. If you want to compete, I'd suggest starting an electric project and keep your nitro for some fun bashing.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:09 AM   #32
I wanna be Dave

To add on to my last post:
I believe the next comp may be held on private land, Skippy's house. If you live in Colorado, you should come out and put your nitro up against the clods.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:11 AM   #33
I joined the Band!

wouldnt mind playing but i dont think it would be any comp. i cant compare but it would be nice to see them side by side
Old 12-12-2005, 11:14 AM   #34
I wanna be Dave

then keep watching for the announcement of the next comp.....
Show up......
have your *** handed to you.......
Old 12-12-2005, 11:19 AM   #35
I joined the Band!

whos going to be there to comp. with me sounds like im the only nitro "crawler" here,or are you guys going to beat me with your ele. buggies, if so whats the point, or do you just want to see if it works as i say?
Old 12-12-2005, 11:23 AM   #36
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
whos going to be there to comp. with me sounds like im the only nitro "crawler" here,or are you guys going to beat me with your ele. buggies, if so whats the point, or do you just want to see if it works as i say?
Mostly....we just want to make fun of you and your crawler.
The usual.......
Old 12-12-2005, 11:37 AM   #37
Say hello to my dactylion

Quote:
The point would be.... Bring it out... Create some interest. The Colorado guys laughed at our crawlers the first time we brought them out to the CO... Now most of the competition crawlers around the world are based on our (Kaetwo and me) ideas that were laughed at in the first place. I actually would like to see your nitro crawler run.

On another note, here in Utah we also would be in danger of loosing our limited crawling areas if there were nitro trucks noising it up.
PinchFlat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 11:41 AM   #38
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinchFlat
The point would be.... Bring it out... Create some interest. The Colorado guys laughed at our crawlers the first time we brought them out to the CO... Now most of the competition crawlers around the world are based on our (Kaetwo and me) ideas that were laughed at in the first place. I actually would like to see your nitro crawler run.

On another note, here in Utah we also would be in danger of loosing our limited crawling areas if there were nitro trucks noising it up.
No no. Actually....the point would be to bring it out so we could laugh. And we are still lauging at your crawlers pinchy. Just cause you were laughing after spanking us, doesn't mean we weren't laughing at your first. I must quote Winston Churchill: "He who laughes first, at a rc rock crawling competition, also laughes last." Believe it or not, he was driving clods way before any of us.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:46 AM   #39
Say hello to my dactylion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkDigler
I must quote Winston Churchill: "He who laughes first, at a rc rock crawling competition, also laughes last." Believe it or not, he was driving clods way before any of us.
DAMN!!!! Those Britts always get the cool stuff before us. Bloody Gits!
PinchFlat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 11:49 AM   #40
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinchFlat
DAMN!!!! Those Britts always get the cool stuff before us. Bloody Gits!
On the other hand.....I have heard that the Ghost of Winston Churchill is running a nitro crawler these days.