Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: pics of nitro crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2005, 09:08 AM   #41
I joined the Band!

i just dont get why you guys are so defensive about this ele./nitro thing im just trying to share and find info
savagesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2005, 03:08 PM   #42
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagesteve
i just dont get why you guys are so defensive about this ele./nitro thing im just trying to share and find info
we just like giving people crap when they are different! Don't be offended.
DirkDigler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 03:27 PM   #43
RCC Addict

Yea, don't take offense. There have been a few people here that have put time and money into nitro crawlers and weren't very satisfied. We are just trying to relay this information to you. Don't get your hopes up.

It sounds to me like you've never seen a real competition quality electric crawler before. Therefore, you really have nothing to compare your nitro crawler to. Go out to one of the comps in CO and run your truck. It will give you TONS of ideas on what to change on your truck. Maybe you will realize that nitro isn't the way to go, or maybe you will come up with some sort of way to make your nitro crawler better. Either way, I'm sure you will be surprised at what you see at a real comp. It's not just ramping up and over rocks. Its slow, controlled, forward progress.

Don't take everything these guys say literally. If you show up at a comp, they aren't going to beat you up and take your lunch money, or laugh and point at you. All they probably will do is make a few light hearted jokes and welcome you to the club.
AdamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 09:39 AM   #44
I joined the Band!

these guys here are not welcoming at all, and i cant go fast enough to ramp over rocks. ive also seen plenty of ele. crawlers they are very impressive. but like i said before its to easy to jump into somthing that has already been done.

but anyway im getting about 30-40 min run times, staying under
230 deg. and the heli. fuel tank makes it run at any angle for as long as you need, also the last photo i posted i was at an idle for the photo my gear reduction wont let it roll freely, its working very well, but i cant prove it untill i get a capture card, cus photos cant show how slow its crawling .
Old 12-15-2005, 09:59 AM   #45
Colt Python/SR9c

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamF
If you show up at a comp, they aren't going to beat you up and take your lunch money, or laugh and point at you. All they probably will do is make a few light hearted jokes and welcome you to the club.

LMFAO... You must not know the CO. guys then
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 10:02 AM   #46
I joined the Band!

havnt met any of you but they all live on the eastern slope
Old 12-15-2005, 12:31 PM   #47
RCC Addict

If you think everyone here is mean and not "welcoming" then what are you still doing here?
AdamF is offline   Reply With Quote