Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: My Mom rolled her truck... **Pictures added**

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2009, 10:29 PM   #41
Pebble Pounder

Good to hear she's okay. Its never a good feeling when a family member is in an accident.
Just like Jason pointed out be careful taking stuff off the truck. Insurance companies are in the business of trying to pay out as little money as possible. They'll use any reason they can think of to screw you. If you have ANY problems or disagree with the insurance company at all dont be afraid to call your State's insurance commisioner's office. My wife and I were t-boned by a guy that ran a stopsign. His insurance company was trying really hard to get me to agree that I was 50% at fault and get me to claim the damage on my own policy. I fought with them for 3 months before finally calling the insurance commisioner's office after a friend told me to. They saved us big time...I was considering hiring a lawyer and fighting it in court but one call to the commisioner and they fixed everything. Conference call with the commisioner lady, myself, the insurance agent, and his supervisor. Ended up with and very pissed off supervisor, the insurance agent on a 90 probation period with his company, and a check in the mail to me for full damages to our car plus the amount it would have cost us to rent a car for the 45 days we were without one before we finally gave up and bought a new one while all this was going on.

Last edited by cuzican; 12-23-2009 at 10:32 PM.
cuzican is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2009, 10:48 PM   #42
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
Glad to hear she is alright, that had to be a shitty call.

You'd better be careful parting it out before the insurance see it, they can get real pissy about that stuff. Especially with the oversize tires and lift kit, both which contributed to the accident.
Thanks J,

Insurance co came and looked at it already on Monday. Jeff asked the dude if it was OK to snag the wheels and tires, he said as long as it rolls far enough to get onto the flatbed he doesnt care Best part was, they initially gave them 21000 for the truck, then they compensated us for the after market stuff and are giving my mom a total of 23800 for it which is awesome. Now I just have to find her another one and order another 6" kit for it to install.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Damn, that looks bad. Glad she's OK. The next truck needs a cage!
I told her we are putting a cage in the next one she kinda gave me a look like "well I hope I wont be needing it in the next one"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowslowTJ View Post
WOW! Glad she is OK! trucks are replaceable!
Thanks Verne

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzican View Post
Good to hear she's okay. Its never a good feeling when a family member is in an accident.
Just like Jason pointed out be careful taking stuff off the truck. Insurance companies are in the business of trying to pay out as little money as possible. They'll use any reason they can think of to screw you. If you have ANY problems or disagree with the insurance company at all dont be afraid to call your State's insurance commisioner's office. My wife and I were t-boned by a guy that ran a stopsign. His insurance company was trying really hard to get me to agree that I was 50% at fault and get me to claim the damage on my own policy. I fought with them for 3 months before finally calling the insurance commisioner's office after a friend told me to. They saved us big time...I was considering hiring a lawyer and fighting it in court but one call to the commisioner and they fixed everything. Conference call with the commisioner lady, myself, the insurance agent, and his supervisor. Ended up with and very pissed off supervisor, the insurance agent on a 90 probation period with his company, and a check in the mail to me for full damages to our car plus the amount it would have cost us to rent a car for the 45 days we were without one before we finally gave up and bought a new one while all this was going on.
Appreciate the info but it looks like everything is working out smoothly for us.

-Mike
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 10:57 PM   #43
www.team3sixrc.com

man, just read the whole story and seen the pics. glad to know she is fine. and the good thing is it looks like the truck proved it did a good job keeping her that way too.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 10:31 AM   #44

Glad she is okay..

mad props on her being safe, and one great looking truck.
SpitzerCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 10:43 AM   #45
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post
Now I just have to find her another one and order another 6" kit for it to install.
Maybe go for a 6" drop on the next one.

I'm glad to here she's OK, those pics look like it could have been a whole lot worse.
Tupers is offline   Reply With Quote