Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: My Mom rolled her truck... **Pictures added**

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2009, 10:05 AM   #1
Sinking with the ship

Unhappy My Mom rolled her truck... **Pictures added**

Yesterday I started my day off like any other normal saturday, up at 8, get ready, get to the bike shop for 9. There was suppose to be a HUGE snow storm rolling in and when I woke up I didn't see any snow so I decided to take my 4runner instead of my Taco. Got to the shop, was doing bike check outs all day for x-mas and then the snow started. Was coming down good and sticking and then it kinda stopped a bit and melted for an hour or so. But then the temp dropped again and everything started to freeze now...not good. My mom had called while I was with a customer and I called her back. She was calling to tell me that her 06 Tacomer (which has a 6" kit on 35" BFGs with 17" Dickcepek wheels) had the maint. required light on. I told her it was time for the OC and ill do it Monday(truck only has 27k on it). She asked if I can just can turn the light off cause it bugs her when anything is wrong with her beloved Tacomer. I said yeah ill turn it off when I get home. She then told me she was going in for a 3-11 so I would have to do it tomorrow. I said ok no problem. She is a corrections officer and has 21 years on and she HATES driving in the snow but that is why we got her the truck. Anyways, that phone call was at about 1:30, at 2:15 I get a frantic phone call from stepfather...

"Michael, its Jeff, your mother rolled her truck over somewhere near pankamoka!!"

I told him I'd be there as fast I can, looked at my boss told him I had to go cause my mom flipped her truck, grabbed the keys to the runner and headed for the door. Got outside, locked up the hubs and jumped in. The 22re definitely lacks power but when you rip 2nd gear at 5500 rpms like its your job you'd be surprised how much faster it gets moving. The snow at this point was starting to stick again as I rushed down the road, basically driving like an asshole (I know not the smart thing to do). As I cut across from 25a to 25 I was passing people and the truck was starting to break traction on the 4 to 3rd down shifts... as I got to 25 I pulled out into a full on drift technique across the road. I slowed, ripped the 4wd shifter down and got back into throttle. As I crossed over william floyd parkway I could see a shit ton of lights...now I am starting to panic...I haven't heard back from my stepdad and as I get closer they have the road closed which here on the island they only usually do when someone it killed or there is a really really terrible accident. As I pull up the fire police have the road closed I run right passed the dude who I recognized from the FD (stepdad is an ex-chief and a commissioner now). As I am running down the road I see the truck about 30 feet into the woods on the driver side against 2 or 3 trees. The one dude starts yelling to slow down and that she is "OK".

They had just gotten her out of the truck and on to the back board. They got her loaded into the ambulance. The entire time she is yelling and carrying on about her truck. She wanted to know how bad it was and insisted my stepdad stayed with it until his friends flat bed got there.

She started getting sick on the ride to the hospital, which was making me nervous. But like me, she gets wicked car sick and the smell of diesel fumes makes her sick too. We got the hospital and they took her for Xrays and cat scans.

Luckily everything came back clear and after being at the hospital for 5 or 6 hours they finally released her.

She has a huge lump on her head, and her back and neck is killing. She also told me that her lower back went out or something this morning.

This was hands down one of the scariest moments of my life...

I dont have any pics of the current state of the truck yet, I will post them up when I do...all I can tell you is that there isnt a straight panel left on it.

She is most upset about the truck...she said after it rolled the 1st person who came up to it was an off duty cop and the 1st thing she asked was "how is my truck" he said "its fine". He then was trying to hit the unlock button with an ice scrapper through the back window and she yelled at him because he was going to scratch her door panel She said he gave her a weird look so she asked how the truck was again and he said it was still fine. She was not happy when my stepdad show her the cell pics We told her the truck is replaceable...she isn't.

well please keep my mom in your prayers that she has a speedy recovery, thanks for listening RCC.

-Mike
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2009, 10:07 AM   #2
MODERATOR™

Hope all is well Mikey. Best wishes.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 10:15 AM   #3
Custom Carbon Fiber

Hope shes ok Mike ....... moms play a special role in life.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 10:16 AM   #4
Built, not bought

Sorry to hear this Mike.Hope she has a speedy recovery.And yes,the truck's replaceable,she isn't.
62PYRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 10:22 AM   #5
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
Hope shes ok Mike ....... moms play a special role in life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee View Post
Hope all is well Mikey. Best wishes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62PYRO View Post
Sorry to hear this Mike.Hope she has a speedy recovery.And yes,the truck's replaceable,she isn't.
Thanks Guys, it just goes to show, doesnt matter if your in a 4wd truck or a tank...ice is ice and its not very forgiving.

We got pounded on by the snow here today

The snowtacoasaurus

Old 12-20-2009, 10:24 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Hope your mom recovers quickly and yall have a great holiday, good looking toyotas too!
GaBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 11:44 AM   #7
RCC Addict

hope she doing better man
jeepcj578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 11:55 AM   #8
Ultimate RC Decals

thoughts and prayers bud..
things will get better!!!
BOWTIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 12:01 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Glad to hear she is all good to go What a feeling you must have had rushing to the scene Looks like you guys are getting hit pretty hard! Meanwhile I'm wearing a t-shirt in Colorado
Mr Glassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 12:09 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Wow I can not even imagine! Glad she was not seriously injured. Wish her a quick recovery! Happy Holidays to you guys! Corey
RPP Hobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 12:09 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Thoughts and prayers man. Glad to hear she is doing ok!
jeep94xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 12:12 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Crazy chit, man. Glad to hear she made it through!
JeepinOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 12:13 PM   #13
Hateraide

Hope all goes well, i was in a serious accident this year in feb and my mom and brother drove down the hill to see a really smashed up vehicle, and my brother got out of the car while it was doing like 30 and ran over and when my mom finally got the car parked she came running over and my brother had to hold her up and she almost started barfing all over cause she felt so sick to her stomach cause all she saw was her son stuck in a car with blood all down his face, so i understand how it could feel its not a great thing to go through but all that matters now is your family is there for her and she is alive and ok
Code454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 12:24 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Look at the bright side. At least you won't have to do the 30k service now.

Hope she's doing better, Mike. Hang in there little buddy.
microgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 12:44 PM   #15
I'm a stupid C U N T!

Like you said, the truck is replaceable. she isn't Glad she is going to be ok
slobin3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 12:54 PM   #16
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Glassman View Post
Glad to hear she is all good to go What a feeling you must have had rushing to the scene Looks like you guys are getting hit pretty hard! Meanwhile I'm wearing a t-shirt in Colorado
Rushing there was not a good feeling, I dont like driving like an asshole and I generally drive slow because of the trucks I drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by microgoat View Post
Look at the bright side. At least you won't have to do the 30k service now.

Hope she's doing better, Mike. Hang in there little buddy.
Thanks Stu, she is up and about now, she is in pain and the pharmacy's are all closed because of the storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by slobin3d View Post
Like you said, the truck is replaceable. she isn't Glad she is going to be ok
Trust me she is happy to be ok but she really loved her truck...she said when it started to slide she tried to correct it but it just got worst. She was then heading for the trees head on so she pulled it hard to the left thinking it might better to catch them from the side but once she hit the grass line the truck just traction rolled
Old 12-20-2009, 01:24 PM   #17
RCC Addict

hey man accidents happen just glad to hear she is ok and you made it out without harm as well. that is always a horrible feeling, not knowing. hopefully the next taco will be better than ever. how did it hold up in the crash?
looneybin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 01:54 PM   #18
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by looneybin View Post
hey man accidents happen just glad to hear she is ok and you made it out without harm as well. that is always a horrible feeling, not knowing. hopefully the next taco will be better than ever. how did it hold up in the crash?
It held up a lot better then I thought it would. When my Stepdad told me it was rolled I envisioned the front part of the roof basically touching the steering the like older Tacos do when they flip. Her roof has a big ass crease in the middle but the pillars and everything stayed in good shape. There isnt a straight panel left on the truck but it stayed together pretty well. Doors all open fine, even the rear access ones...It is at his friends shop and once the insurance company looks at it we are going to go get the lift, tires, stereo system and whatever else is good out of it.

The last Toyota roll over my step dad was at was for a 92 4runner with a 3" body lift and 33s...dude was doing a 110 and went to slalom some traffic and tagged the front of a car while cutting back over...it went tumbling across the median and the body peeled off of the truck. one of the witnesses was an off duty state cop and said it went over at least 9x and looked like something out of a movie...the dude had to be air lifted and was paralyzed from the neck down...apparently he was running late for work
Old 12-20-2009, 01:58 PM   #19
RCC Addict

Hey bro, glad to hear she is ok. Sucks that all the pharmacies are closed.
chino438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 04:04 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Too bad about the car, but if your mom is good, then it's all good news, i wish her a speedy recovery.
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote