Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Camera's HELP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2010, 05:10 PM   #21
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzbuildr View Post
Thanks guys for all the help, But I have 1 more question.

What should be my first lens? I would like to have something that will take close ups as well as maybe 50ft? sorry for the noob questions, but i am a noob at this.
To weigh in... I would look at the Nikon D90. Shoots video, 5 fps (with a quality card), and same CMOS sensor as the D3000. If you buy a DSLR... buy one that's BODY ONLY... that way you can buy the lenses you want. Also, kit lenses, in general, are just that.. they just get you started. Buy the body only and invest in quality lenses... because imo the lenses are your investment... bodies always change, but lenses dont. So you need to choose which manufacturers' lenses you like the best then start looking at the camera bodies.

For lenses, I would look at a 70-300mm lens for what you are wanting... can't go wrong with it. I have a Nikon 70-300mm and get great shots like these...

procraft98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2010, 05:13 PM   #22
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzbuildr View Post
Thanks guys for all the help, But I have 1 more question.

What should be my first lens? I would like to have something that will take close ups as well as maybe 50ft? sorry for the noob questions, but i am a noob at this.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...al_Camera.html

this will do all you want.

p!nK
mrpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 05:15 PM   #23
RCC Addict

also go into a store such as best buy or your local electronics store and pick up and hold both the nikon and the canon, I with with the nikon over the canon simply because it felt better in my hand
Wicked_Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 05:21 PM   #24
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURTLE View Post
Umm yeah don't listen to Pink, unless you thinks Tim's videos and my photos suck...
1. I would like to see good HD video from a T1i. 20 fps will never produce high quality video. And the mic on a DSLR is horrible for audio quality.

2. Never said your photos sucked. I said if you used a good HD camcorder to take still pictures, they would suck. T1i's take amazing photos.

p!nK
mrpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 05:25 PM   #25
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpink View Post
X2! I have the same set-up and it's AMAZING. I had a D80 with the CCD censor and loved it... still use it, but the D90 with the CMOS is night and day better imo.
procraft98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 06:07 PM   #26
Rock Crawler

x5 on the D90.I took the advice from a few guys on here that said to get a camera that fits your hand.I had tried a Canon XSI ,T1I and a Nikon D40 and D60.All seemed like little toys in my hands.The D90 fit perfectly.I was going to get a Canon 50D but Randy from My Name is Earl (funny story) highly recommended the Nikon.I have the 18-105 vr kit lense and it does a great job,HOWEVER a friend has a D40 with the 18-200 vr lense.That lense is a perfect walk around lense. She has about 35K shots thru that combo and I am amazed at some of the pics.Great close ups and a decent range.Its going to be my next lense.
72Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 08:01 AM   #27
Quarry Creeper

First of all, never spend $800+ on someone's recommendation. As some have already said, go to dpreview, and spend a week or so reading up on DSLR cameras.

http://www.dpreview.com/

Good luck.
Stburr91 is offline   Reply With Quote