Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: So I went out to dinner tonight...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2010, 12:24 PM   #21
RCC Addict

I just do not get racism, I really don't.

For those who know me know about my past and my parents. I was lucky enough to have a family friend that help raise me named Earlene. She was an amazing woman that moved from Mississippi to Nebraska in the 70's to live somewhere that had better opportunities for herself and her children. I grew up with her 2 children, Tyrone and Tasha, being a close to me as my own 2 siblings. Because of this fact, I never remember seeing peoples color as a defining factor when I met them.

Now, flash forward to middle school. My first encounter with racism was directed towards me. I was in 7th grade gym class putting my stuff back in my locker which was on the bottom level. Another guy in my class, Wade, tripped over my foot as he walked past me. He came into the locker room and had been talking to 3 of his friends that were behind him, that is why he did not see me there. Anyway, the first thing he said after he caught himself from falling was "excuse yourself white boy" as he shoved me over.

I looked at him and said "I did nothing wrong" as I picked myself up. He and his friends got right over me and said "excuse yourself cracker ass honky" and shoved me down again.

I refused and went to get up a second time when 2 of them grabbed me by my arms and slammed me into the tile wall hard enough to cause blue and silver stars to appear in my vision. The other two kids started beating the shit out of me. Our gym teacher walked in and they dropped me. The teacher asked what the hell was happening and the 4 stated I called Wade a nigger. The teacher let the four guys go and asked me what happened after they left. He had a hold of my shoulder and was roughly jerking me while asking "what did you say?"

I stayed quiet and just wiped the blood away from my face. Mr. Houston, my gym teacher was a really nice guy and always had a big smile while teaching but at that time I could see rage in his eyes. I knew that anything I told him would be pointless. I could see for the first time in my life that me being white while the students and teacher all being black, that no matter what I said I would be shown to be in the wrong.

Like I said before, I do not get racism.
Eritex Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2010, 12:27 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Screw letting that go. I would have ruined everyone's night. If you don't stand up for yourself this will just keep happening. I would have been all over him at cutting in line. They know or hope you wont do anything (because your white) and you played right in to there hands. Try this next time "drop him" It's easy to do. It doesn't matter if you get your ass kicked that low life will think twice before he does that again. Hearing shit like this make my blood boil.

You have to stand your ground.
Mayhem Eng. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 12:34 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Bla...bla...bla... Let's get back on topic.

How was the burger? Did it come w/ a salad?
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 12:36 PM   #24
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem Eng. View Post
Screw letting that go. I would have ruined everyone's night. If you don't stand up for yourself this will just keep happening. I would have been all over him at cutting in line. They know or hope you wont do anything (because your white) and you played right in to there hands. Try this next time "drop him" It's easy to do. It doesn't matter if you get your ass kicked that low life will think twice before he does that again. Hearing shit like this make my blood boil.

You have to stand your ground.
Ya, sounds good but I am pretty sure me getting into a fight in front of my son would be teaching him the wrong lesson. If I would have been by myself I would have informed this gentleman that I had been waiting in line before him and stepped up to the counter. If he wanted to start a fight at that point I would have played one of the knees, nose, nuts, or throat cards and had him on the ground in 3 seconds. I have done that before but like I said, that is not something my 11 year old son needs to see
Old 06-20-2010, 12:39 PM   #25
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan View Post
Bla...bla...bla... Let's get back on topic.

How was the burger? Did it come w/ a salad?
Actually, I had the Gyro plate................that came with a great Greek salad with feta, cucumber, tomato, and some kalamata olives
Old 06-20-2010, 12:42 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

How did I know......
Old 06-20-2010, 12:44 PM   #27
RCC Addict

Quote:
How did I know......
How else would I keep my girlie figure
Old 06-20-2010, 12:45 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Sorry to hear that your evening was ruined by some prick.
Old 06-20-2010, 12:49 PM   #29
RCC Addict

Quote:
Not ruined at all, just a bump in the evening. After dinner we stopped by Dairy Queen for some Blizzards and came home to watch Avatar.
Old 06-20-2010, 01:29 PM   #30
RCC Addict

Quote:
X2

There is a**holes and racists in every race! Mexicans hate blacks , blacks hate whites, Chinese hate Japanese, and whites hate everyone.... JK

If you ask a black or Mexican guy if they had the same type of situation happen to them I'm sure you would get an earful of story's.

The thing that gets me is this racist was pu**y enough to pull something like that in front of your family knowing that you prob wouldn't do anything with them there.

Racism = Ignorance

HAPY FATHERS DAY!
finishline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 01:33 PM   #31
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielk View Post
i'm not racist, i just hate stupid people.

amen brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Super is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 02:10 PM   #32
dkf
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eritex Inc. View Post
Not ruined at all, just a bump in the evening. After dinner we stopped by Dairy Queen for some Blizzards and came home to watch Avatar.
Sounds like a good end to an evening.

What did you think of Avatar?

I didn't think I'd like it looking at the DVD case, but was surprised it was actually a good movie.

Last edited by dkf; 06-20-2010 at 02:15 PM.
dkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 02:14 PM   #33
Quarry Creeper

I used to think I was racist when I was in school. Went with the small town I call home. No black students ever went to high school at my school. We had a girl come to out school in 4th grade and stayed all the way till 8th grade then left for high school in aanother town. It was sad really. What I have come to realize is I hate stupid people or even worse stupid people in groups reguardless of the color of your skin. Its amazing how fast people will play the race card these days.

Reminds me of my high school days. One of my buddy's threw a boy in his class through a chaulk board. The cops were called and as they were taking him out the school he was yelling "it's because I'm white ain't it?" I was at lunch and nearly choked on my sandwhich. It was the first time I ever heard a white man play the race card lol.
AlmstEvil665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 03:04 PM   #34
Ex Nor-CalRCRC slave

My story. I was in the National Guard, '82 to '93. There were about 7 or 8 black dudes in my Basic Training platoon, all of them were cool except for one guy. In the chow line, when your not moving forward you stand at parade rest(hands behind back) This guy grabbed my hands, danged near broke my wrist. I let out a yelp, then a sargent asked what happened, the guy said I called him the N-word. I never met the guy before this, let alone said anything. Outside the mess hall was a "pit", like a horseshoe pit but with two wooden gates. This pit was for low-crawling in if you got in trouble, which is exactly where I ended up. I had to do 5 "laps" about 50 feet each way. A week later he does the same thing again to me, this time more painful than the last. At least the sargent saw it this time, and we both had to crawl in the now wet pit, even though I did nothing to him. A few days later I had "fire guard" duty, where you walk around outside the barracks. It was around 1 am, I was walking when all of the sudden he came up behind me and dropped kicked me in the back of my head. Luckily a sargent in the barracks next door saw the whole thing, and busted him. He tried to blame me again, but the sargent knew better. Near the end of basic he got in a lot of trouble when he beat up someone else, putting him in the hospital for a week. He was gone after that.

Last edited by gunnar; 06-20-2010 at 03:07 PM.
gunnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 07:26 PM   #35
RCC Addict

Quote:
Not ruined at all...and came home to watch Avatar.
naw, i'd call having to sit thru that snooze fest a ruined night!!!

(just kidding, you are hearing this from a man with an attention span of 30-60 seconds tops... )
STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 09:08 PM   #36
Release your anger..

Quote:
Ya, sounds good but I am pretty sure me getting into a fight in front of my son would be teaching him the wrong lesson. If I would have been by myself I would have informed this gentleman that I had been waiting in line before him and stepped up to the counter.

I have done that before but like I said, that is not something my 11 year old son needs to see
I applaud your disposition in handling it well but... perhaps you could've calmly confronted him.
I've witnessed my father deal with similar situations in the past.

Anyways to the point, 99% of these people rely on your restraint. They hate being confronted. If you face them directly, they get the message and will think twice before attempting it again.

If the cops are needed, call them. Explain it professionally and get them kicked out and press charges.
You don't have to resort to violence to get business done, work the system.
If they go out of the way to ruin your family night out, return the favor.

Last edited by ThinkTank; 06-20-2010 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Stupid computer spaces it incorrectly.
ThinkTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 10:32 PM   #37
Rock Crawler

I am not racist against people. but i am of who they are. I have no problem with mexicans, but when i come across the ones that are illegal, come to my country and try act like they are better than we are, is when i get into arguments. Illegals that come here and work there ass' off, i have no problem with.
eron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 10:58 PM   #38
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eron View Post
I am not racist against people. but i am of who they are. I have no problem with mexicans, but when i come across the ones that are illegal, come to my country and try act like they are better than we are, is when i get into arguments. Illegals that come here and work there ass' off, i have no problem with.
Wouldnt that apply to all races legal or illegal. Because Mexicans are not the only imagrants in the nation and definetly not the only race that thinks there better than anothers .Your statment is kinda borderline!
finishline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 11:13 PM   #39
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eron View Post
I am not racist against people. but i am of who they are.
That sentence doesn't really make any sense.... Maybe you can clarify for us?
montana.matt is offline   Reply With Quote