Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Whale wars

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2010, 09:52 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpro31 View Post
i am actually watching the show right now they're attempts are useless i mean stink bombs? do they seriously think thats gonna make them stop? btw, that boat being run over tore my heart out though, i feel so bad for the boat
im sure the stink bombs are to tarnish any meat and make it "unsalable" to the market and to make the workers on the "research" ships sick to their stomachs... but who knows
robbio4422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2010, 10:03 PM   #22
Rock Stacker

How is what they are doing legal?
hogmansp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:19 PM   #23
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbio4422 View Post
im sure the stink bombs are to tarnish any meat and make it "unsalable" to the market and to make the workers on the "research" ships sick to their stomachs... but who knows
Like they care how they smell there covered in whale gutts all day.
shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:29 PM   #24
dnf

I dont believe the whalers are doing it for RESEARCH.

they are harvesting,and though it is really legal since they have the permits to harvest. I question the corruption involved in the obtaining of those permits.

they are out matched.

real captains with real crews.

I do admire the passion of those involved in the effort.
but really,if you want to stop em LEGALLY.

pay a jap a ton of $$ to put a beacon on the processing ship.
none of the other ships matter.

take 2 shipe of good speed and stay planted behind the processing ship everytime she goes out.
with the beacon you know when and where.

but my insticts would would probably be to buy a old russian sub and go target practice.
rock hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:32 PM   #25
RCC Addict

I think the Jap's are so crazy about this becuase they get so much money for the whales.It's like oil to them.
Old 07-09-2010, 10:40 PM   #26
Release your anger..

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby View Post
I think the Jap's are so crazy about this becuase they get so much money for the whales.It's like oil to them.
You're an idiot. Whaling has been a Japanese cultural tradition since the dawn of time.
It's like the bull fights, and PS I don't like either one of them.
ThinkTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:47 PM   #27
dnf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkTank View Post
You're an idiot. Whaling has been a Japanese cultural tradition since the dawn of time.
I dont like em either,but you know they are getting rich on the whaling. atleast the big dogs are.

all the equipment,overhead. there must be really good profit margins.
and us americans did our fair share of whaling,but our compasion has compelled us to do without some things.
dog fights,cockfights,bareknuckle fights,ect,ect,ect.
but other nations,what ya gonna do.
its a international matter,and the curruption runs deep I'm affraid.
rock hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:47 PM   #28
RCC Addict

Quote:
Well sorry asshole for being american and not know Japanese culture.so what you saying is they are just killing whales because thats what they believe in and there not selling it?
:flip off:
Old 07-09-2010, 11:09 PM   #29
Release your anger..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock hard View Post
I dont like em either,but you know they are getting rich on the whaling. atleast the big dogs are.
True, of course the global demand for whale meat isn't helping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby View Post
Well sorry asshole for being american and not know Japanese culture.so what you saying is they are just killing whales because thats what they believe in and there not selling it?
:flip off:
Every country has it's weird aspects, aka culture. You got a problem with people eating Buffalo too?
ThinkTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:12 PM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Mmmmmmm, Buffalo is delicious!
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:12 PM   #31
RCC Addict

Quote:
Every country has it's weird aspects, aka culture. You got a problem with people eating Buffalo too?
Wth no,I don't even care that they are killing whales.It's sad and if i had a choice to stop them i would but im not anti Japense whalers like the Sea Shepards are.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:28 PM   #32
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan View Post
Mmmmmmm, Buffalo is delicious!
Beefalo is better
montana.matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 01:54 AM   #33
Who's your Daddy-0!

In 2001 Japan sold 1803 metric tons of whale meat. Sound like a lot to you guys? Well in 1962 they sold 230,000 metric tons of whale meat! See the Show would like for you to think they are killing every whale out there but they really are not. They just need to stop killing the endangered whales. Why such a big deal is made over whales I'll never know? Every creature on Earth is hunted and sold. People eat horse!!! I like horses and think they are some of the smartest creatures ever!

Whale is just a very easy target. They have to come up for air every few minutes! Once you find a pack of them it's game over for them. What else can you hunt that can give you that much profit, meat, fat, bone, ect...? Nothing is the answer!

Bottom line is that Japan has permits to fish the whales. What Paul and his crew do is reckless and stupid! They are lucky that the whalers don't open fire on them! I would!

I do not agree with killing whales at all. If they really wanted to stop them it would be very easy. Send half of the kids on your crew to Japan. There job is to sit and watch the research mother ship till it leaves dock. You have a fast ship sitting 20-30 miles out waiting for them. Then all you do it tail that ship the whole time following and blocking the transfer of any whales. It's that simple! If they can't load the whales they won't kill them.

But this stupid crap will go on and on till one of the kids on Pauls boat gets killed. Paul says....."Are you willing to die protecting these whales"? He'll no! My life is worth more than a whales!!!!!!

Here is a idea for you "whale protectors"...... How about you do something that matters! Take the money your spending that doesn't stop any whales from being killed and use that money to protect a kid from getting beat by his dad! Use that money to catch online child molesters! Protect something that matters!
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 08:23 AM   #34
Quarry Creeper

Technically, they are terrorists.
wanantrdsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 08:39 AM   #35
R.I.P. Chip

I love the show, I think it is the funniest thing on tv right now, every week I cannot wait to catch the newest episode.

Captain Paul Watson and his first mate Peter make Skipper and Gilligan look like top rate Navy admirals. That idiot puts his untrained crew in so much danger non stop it blows me away that no one has shut them down.

It cracks me up how the Sea Shepards throw stuff, shoot stuff, and generally do whatever they can to try to aggravate the Japanese yet when the Japanese throw something back they all run around crying, "I can't believe they would throw stuff at us." Typical Liberal pieces of crap.

I cannot wait until the day that the Japanese point their harpoon at the Steve Irwin and shoot that whale Paul Watson, it's going to be great watching them drag that whale up the back end of the Nisshin Maru.

"We care so much about the environment that we're going to drive around in the ocean aimlessly, burning thousands of barrels of oil to try to keep the Japanese from killing a few whales."
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 08:50 AM   #36
RCC Addict

and the one show where they boarded the Jap harpoon ship in international waters... that is the very definition of piracy. If I were that ships captain I would have hanged them under maritime law.

They are all a bunch of attention whore goofballs. But I watch the show, does that make me an enabler? Ohh well, it is funny stuff.

p!nK
mrpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 08:56 AM   #37
Rock Crawler

It's really easy for us to talk shit and share our opinions from behind our computers. And to say it's funny. Wow.

I'll give you guys the point on the ironic use of diesel fuel but some need to do more research on all aspects of this kind if "situation," from history to politics to culture.

We're anthropocentric assholes. We need to get off our high horses and realize that these animals are on the endangered list because of us - Man. Just because we can doesn't mean we should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpink View Post
...and the one show where they boarded the Jap harpoon ship in international waters...
Bethune boarded the ship in attempt to arrest the harpoon's ship captain for violating "international law" and now Bethune is in a Japanese prison awaiting "trial."

Perspective is an interesting thing.

Last edited by JeepinOR; 07-10-2010 at 09:22 AM.
JeepinOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 09:02 AM   #38
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinCA View Post
It's really easy for us to talk shit from behind our computers...
I'd say the same shit right to Paul Watsons face if I were to meet him.

He is an idiot plane and simple. He puts the lives of his crew and the Japanese on the line every time he sets sail in that pile of ship boat he drives.

I can't wait until Spike TV decides that the ratings on this show are too good for them to not be a part of and they start a new show called "Jap Shepards" that puts together a crew of guys to go run interference for the Whalers.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 09:28 AM   #39
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
He puts the lives of his crew and the Japanese on the line every time he sets sail in that pile of ship boat he drives.
That's the point, no? These people know this before they board ship. That's part of the statement to get the attention this needs. Few countries are willing to get involved and highlight this, or spotlight themselves because of other "priorities."

It certainly is silly that they keep on running that slow-ass ship...
JeepinOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 10:06 AM   #40
Rock Crawler

ya killing the whales kinda sucks and all but what about the deadliest catch? each boat is pulling about 1/2 million lbs of king crab each season... and the show only follows a few boats.
robbio4422 is offline   Reply With Quote