Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: EBAY feedback question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2010, 06:31 PM   #1
0 0

Default EBAY feedback question

I have this guy on ebay that bought something from me and first of all it was the biggest trouble trying to contact him for a confirmation on his address. Now it has been maybe one week and two emails later and the guy has yet to leave feedback for me.

Mostly it just aggravates me because if I'm going to go through the hassle to make sure what your buying from me not only gets to you as fast I can. But it's going to packaged better than you would see glassware.

I'm waiting to leave his feedback cause I don't want this idiot to get mine then decide to leave me bad feedback because it took me a week to finally get an email back confirming his address before I would ship it.

Any one have any suggestions. Should I just leave it be and Not leave him feedback or what?

I'm just aggravated. Needed to vent................
romulus22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2010, 06:40 PM   #2
RCC Addict

I believe you can send a feedback reminder to the buyer. Cant remeber how, but there is a link for it somewhere in your "my ebay". Also even if the buyer give you negitive feedback you cant do the same. Ebay fixed it so sellers cant give negitive feedback.
KBrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 06:41 PM   #3
0 0

I cant leave bad feedback but I can still write whatever I want
Old 08-18-2010, 07:49 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Sellers are suppose to leave buyers feedback first.
Whenever a seller doesnt leave me feedback for buying i dont leave them feedback for selling.
When someone buys something from me the first thing i do is leave them feedback.
ScalerLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:07 PM   #5
0 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalerLover View Post
Sellers are suppose to leave buyers feedback first.
Whenever a seller doesnt leave me feedback for buying i dont leave them feedback for selling.
When someone buys something from me the first thing i do is leave them feedback.
Normally whenever I buy something I am the first person to leave feedback Once I am happy with what Ive bought. And when I sell something I wait to make sure the person who has bought whatever from me is happy with what they've bought before I leave feedback.

Yes I can leave them feedback for paying me fast. But what happens when they get the truck and they complain about scratches in the paint when I said the paint wasn't the best, and gears that they had to buy that were fine when I sold it?
Old 08-18-2010, 08:13 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Sellers are suppose to leave buyers feedback first
I would have to agree with this statement. As a buyer, you have completed your end of the transaction first (sending the payment in a timely manner). The seller completes his end last (sending the item quickly and in good condition). How about you send the guy an email asking if he received the item and if it was up to his expectations. You can also remind him to leave some feedback. Personally, as a buyer on ebay, if the seller doesn't leave me feedback first, then I wont leave any for them.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:26 PM   #7
0 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
How about you send the guy an email asking if he received the item and if it was up to his expectations. You can also remind him to leave some feedback.
Quote:
Originally Posted by romulus22 View Post
Now it has been maybe one week and two emails later
I always Use delivery confirmation so I know the date it arrived. I emailed him a day later asking if the body arrived safely. No answer. One week later I asked again if the body arrived safely and if so please leave feedback as soon as he is happy with the item he purchased. Still no answer.

The case here is This is just the most impossible guy to reach Ive ever dealt with. In my eyes he is a terrible buyer and I would love to leave this guy horrible feedback if I could because it took me four days to get my money. 5 days to get an address confirmation so I can ship the item. And now a little over a week to get an answer saying the body has arrived safely.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:37 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Sounds to me like you want him to leave feedback first so you can bad mouth him.... On another note, if the seller doesn't leave feedback for me first I don't leave it for them. I paid first then they ship, seller leaves feedback first then I do. If not, then no feedback gets left, I don't really care either way I have plenty of feedback already. If you want to know if the item arrived safely at its destination pay the extra $$$ and put delivery confirmation or tracking on it, don't wait for an email telling you.
4u2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 02:24 AM   #9
0 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4u2nv View Post
Sounds to me like you want him to leave feedback first so you can bad mouth him.... On another note, if the seller doesn't leave feedback for me first I don't leave it for them. I paid first then they ship, seller leaves feedback first then I do. If not, then no feedback gets left, I don't really care either way I have plenty of feedback already. If you want to know if the item arrived safely at its destination pay the extra $$$ and put delivery confirmation or tracking on it, don't wait for an email telling you.
I know when it arrived. But like I said I don't want to leave this clown feedback and then him leave me bad feedback for doing nothing wrong except waiting for him.

As long as he gives me feedback I am going to leave him feedback. It isn't going to be good but it isn't going to be bad either.

Ive gone through the buyers history. Lots of purchases in the last month, over 1000. checked alot of the sellers that left feedback. And what do I know. No feedback left from this person on the sellers page.

EDIT: 1328 purchases in the last month, 2919 since their join date on Mar 23 2010.

Last edited by romulus22; 08-19-2010 at 02:29 AM.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:34 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
But what happens when they get the truck and they complain about scratches in the paint when I said the paint wasn't the best, and gears that they had to buy that were fine when I sold it?
Touche'
ScalerLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 07:34 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
But like I said I don't want to leave this clown feedback and then him leave me bad feedback for doing nothing wrong except waiting for him.
Then I would just forget about it and move on...
Old 08-19-2010, 12:25 PM   #12
0 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Then I would just forget about it and move on...
Unfortunately I guess I'm going to have to. Just aggravates me when I go through all the trouble to make a buyer happy and they don't have the courtesy to leave feedback to let future buyers know I'm trust worthy.
Guess I'll just stick to buying and selling on here.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:28 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Yep, it used to aggravate me as well....until I stopped selling and buying on ebay.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:32 PM   #14
0 0

Quote:
Touche'
Knew you would know what I was talking about.

As far as the seller leaving the feedback first. When I started buying stuff online. Most if not all of my first 5-10 transactions I as the buyer was the first to leave feedback. Just the way I have been since. I still purchase things all the time and am the first to leave feedback. Just different strokes for different folks.

But If the Guy is waiting for me to leave him feedback before he leaves mine he should have the decent courtesy to at least answer my emails and say yes. The truck is here. Please leave feedback and then I will leave yours. But nothing. I get no response every time I email him.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:43 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Just different strokes for different folks.
And so on, and so on....
Old 08-19-2010, 02:45 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

I know I've said it before, but ebay's policies are why it's full of scam artists and why I've stopped selling on there. I seriously would rather give stuff away then sell it on there now. I rarely buy off of ebay, only if I really can't find it somewhere else (like here). When I do, I don't bother leaving feedback any more. Generally, once I'm done bidding and pay for the item, I don't log in again until a year or so down the road when I need something else. Maybe this buyer is the same way?
ecoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 05:36 PM   #17
0 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoli View Post
Maybe this buyer is the same way?
I just looked before making this post.

He now has 2,954 feedback received as a buyer. has never sold anything.
has left feedback for 1 seller on 6-17-10
has been registered on ebay since 3-23-10

Here's his profile for any non believers of those numbers
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...ab=AllFeedback

Something screams scam all over this but I made sure the money cleared paypal before I sent the truck so I'm good either way
Old 08-20-2010, 09:20 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Just because it cleared paypal doesn't necessarily mean you're safe: Ripped off/scammed thanks to Paypal

In my case, guy claimed his cc was stolen. Despite all the proof I had of shipping it to him, e-mails, signed affidavits, shipping to confirmed address, etc. I still got screwed in the end. Hope that doesn't happen to you, just saying is all.
ecoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 10:44 AM   #19
Pebble Pounder

Theirs a time frame that leaving feedback runs out and same goes for filing a paypal claim, think its 20 days or something like that.
Savage03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:34 AM   #20
0 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoli View Post
Just because it cleared paypal doesn't necessarily mean you're safe: Ripped off/scammed thanks to Paypal

In my case, guy claimed his cc was stolen. Despite all the proof I had of shipping it to him, e-mails, signed affidavits, shipping to confirmed address, etc. I still got screwed in the end. Hope that doesn't happen to you, just saying is all.

That sucks. Oh well I'm less worried about it now. I was just a little frustrated after sending multiple emails. Once I found that he hadn't left feedback for the nearly 3000 other sellers I realize I'm just never going to get it.