Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Why is FedEx still in business?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2010, 10:39 AM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Yeah my sentiments exactly. UPS and FED EX are out of touch with the reality of working americans. I go thru this all the time!
MexicanMarauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2010, 12:05 PM   #22
~THE SCALE SHOP~

i have great luck with UPS and USPS, i have all my packages delivered to work. so i get them between 10-11:30 every morning. nice little treat.
but fed ex blows. they always try to deliver at like 6:30 or something, even though they know its a commercial address. ive got a wakeboard being delivered today here via FED EX. not holding my breath.
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 04:25 PM   #23
Rock Crawler

ok first off i didnt read any posts besides the first but heres the facts

my dad worked for fedex, he always loved it and he said they always treated him good his only regret was that they dont have a drivers union, as far as getting packages to your house asap i kno they try the fact is that even if the warehouse it 30 minutes from your house it has to go from a plane ( if needed) to a fedex home delivery terminal, you may have a fedex frieght terminal or fedex nation terminal by your house ( they dont ship ti peoples houses unless the product is over 200 pounds i believe. so if its not a home delivery, federal express or ground terminal then it has to find its way to one before your product can even get on a truck to head to your house, now on top of that your house may not be the first home on the list of deliveries so the driver will have to make probably hundreds of other stops before he gets to you, this obviously would take plenty of time, now i ship with ups only cause its cheaper, i wouldnt recomend this for the reason that ups driver (in my experiance) dont take as good of care of your pakages as fedex does. the fact is fedex has a number you can call if you package is damaged during delivery and if you kno the truck number or drivers name you can report them to make sure it doesnt happen again... i also think if you do this they give you some sort of reimbursement on you shipping charges..

again this is only what my dad has told me, i hope this helps you in the future and please continue to ship with fedex
93 FORD BRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 07:04 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93 FORD BRONCO View Post
ok first off i didnt read any posts besides the first but heres the facts

my dad worked for fedex, he always loved it and he said they always treated him good his only regret was that they dont have a drivers union, as far as getting packages to your house asap i kno they try the fact is that even if the warehouse it 30 minutes from your house it has to go from a plane ( if needed) to a fedex home delivery terminal, you may have a fedex frieght terminal or fedex nation terminal by your house ( they dont ship ti peoples houses unless the product is over 200 pounds i believe. so if its not a home delivery, federal express or ground terminal then it has to find its way to one before your product can even get on a truck to head to your house, now on top of that your house may not be the first home on the list of deliveries so the driver will have to make probably hundreds of other stops before he gets to you, this obviously would take plenty of time, now i ship with ups only cause its cheaper, i wouldnt recomend this for the reason that ups driver (in my experiance) dont take as good of care of your pakages as fedex does. the fact is fedex has a number you can call if you package is damaged during delivery and if you kno the truck number or drivers name you can report them to make sure it doesnt happen again... i also think if you do this they give you some sort of reimbursement on you shipping charges..

again this is only what my dad has told me, i hope this helps you in the future and please continue to ship with fedex
Thanks for trying, but I have no idea what you are saying in this post.
lowslowTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 07:56 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowslowTJ View Post
Thanks for trying, but I have no idea what you are saying in this post.
Mr.Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 10:59 AM   #26
Pebble Pounder

Fedex has been the worst for me a few times, had one deliver a hard drive from maxtor and had fragile and all that on the box and that it was a pc hard drive and the lady was so lazy she didnt wanna open the simple gate to our front door so she chucked the box from the gate to the door! Hit the door nicely to right as I opened the door. Another was the same deal but no gate at all just tossed the box and missed the door entirely and it landed in the yard instead and they drove off
Never much issue with usps or ups, think best thing you can do is make nice with your mailman. My guy knows me and what my hobby is and always brings my boxes before he starts his rounds cause he knows im not a patient person
Savage03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 12:52 PM   #27
Pebble Pounder

fedex is great for documents. Most publishing houses and some businesses prefer fedex.

I'd rather support non-union fedex, but few online stores offer fedex shipping. USPS and UPS are fine in term of service, but i'd rather not fund government incompetence and union big-shots, respectively.
ToyTundra is offline   Reply With Quote