Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Things you hate to see in your neighborhood

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2010, 11:20 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by cave-man View Post
My wife and I woke up last week to a bunch of noise going on outside. We got up and looked and one of our neighbors house was on fire. it didnt burn as bad as the one in the OG post but it was still a total loss.

It is very sad to witness people losing everything so fast. I am a very suprised about the way inspectors seem to be so lax. I never would of thought they would be.

If a fire is started by faulty wiring couldnt it come back to bite them if they OK something that isn't done properly?
Probably figure they'll never get called out on it or just don't give a damn.
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2010, 06:15 AM   #22
I wanna be Dave

last summer the house behind me and 2 houses down exploded... leveled it within seconds. Final investigation said that the crew putting in sidewalks hit a gas line which pulled it loose inside the house. Amazingly the woman in the house was blow thru the wall and had only minor injuries. I walked over there this weekend, the house that blew was like mine, 1100 sq ft 1 story on a foundation... new house is 2 story, Im guessing 2000 sq ft with full basement. I guess sometimes insurance does pay out.
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:00 AM   #23
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetboat View Post
last summer the house behind me and 2 houses down exploded... leveled it within seconds. Final investigation said that the crew putting in sidewalks hit a gas line which pulled it loose inside the house. Amazingly the woman in the house was blow thru the wall and had only minor injuries. I walked over there this weekend, the house that blew was like mine, 1100 sq ft 1 story on a foundation... new house is 2 story, Im guessing 2000 sq ft with full basement. I guess sometimes insurance does pay out.
And so will the pending lawsuit or settlement.
ram_tough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:01 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetboat View Post
yeah, I'm going with hush money there...

better believe if someone pouring a sidewalk is the reason my house gets leveled and my family could have died. I'm not staying quiet about it.
XSRCdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:47 PM   #25
R2j
SORRCA Committee Member

I don't know about inspectors being paid off, at least not from where I'm from. I been in the HVAC business 25+ years, our inspectors take they're jobs very seriously. And especially now after one here and CO and a contractor have been found liable for the death of a family due to carbon monoxide poisoning. Contractor didn't installed a vent correctly, and the inspector passed it.

I do agree that new homes are just slapped together for the most part. But generally, code enforcement is taken very seriously. I know, I hold the license that our company works under, so sub-par work by our employees is not acceptable.
R2j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 01:25 PM   #26
06 Super National Champ

I just talked to the family that lived there.

While talking with them the wife found her engagement ring in the rubble.

The husband retired from the military that day after 24 years of service. He signed out and was headed home. As he came down the hill, about 1/2 mile from the entrance to the neighborhood, he saw a house on fire and said he thought to himself "That looks like my house!"

So the dude found himself without a job and a house the same day.

The teenage son was at home with the dogs, he got the dogs and got out.

Said they still don't know what caused it. The son didn't speak.

Guy said prior to him retiring there was a job he was interviewing for and he's had two offers since the fire.

It was a 3-alarm fire.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote