Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: 5 Time Champion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2010, 11:30 AM   #21
Rock Crawler

Im a #14 fan but I have to agree that JJ's team worked for their 5th championship. They were flawless when it mattered.

I hated to see Jimmie win it again but any day that Kyle goes up in flames is a good day.
CREEPINKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2010, 11:40 AM   #22
I wanna be Dave

14's just getting warmed up, im calling smoke for 2011
boosted4lyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:45 AM   #23
Rock Crawler

Anybody other than Jimmie.
easleycrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 12:05 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Pretty incredible to win 5 in a row let alone win 5 gotta take your hat off to the guy. He is probably one of the most humble champions in NASCAR history. He drives clean and fast and one day he will receive the credit he deserves, he is one of the best ever.

I like the chase and Jimmie Johnson to, neither one is responsible for the drop in the NASCAR fan base. To me it's the 1.5 mile tri-oval cookie cutter tracks of which there are just to many and the slowly recovering US economy.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:23 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

It's not been the same sport since Davey and Alan left us in 1993.
awd199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:32 PM   #26
Custom Carbon Fiber

hmmm penalize Boyer for a car he wins with in the chase but has the same specs as a car they said was clean .........
hhmmm penalize Harvick After he exits the pits first ......

RCR wasnt winning the Chase, Nascar made sure of that.

Harvick did the right thing with Kyle ..... Never Lift.

Jimmy and Chad are a great team together, I remember the same arguements when Gordon and Everham were together and dominating.

The Chase needs to change and Nascar needs to stop writing rule books in Pencil.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 05:52 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

nascar has to redo the chase system....work your butt off in the 26 race's to get in it....drop the bonus point shit to the winners and start everyone off at the 5000 point mark....the 12 chase drivers get there own point system where they finish in the race among the 12....the lead driver in the chase gets 24 points for finishing in front of everyone else in the chase, then every chase driver gets two less points there on out....24, 22, 20 and so on down to the 12th place finish who gets 12 points, then see how close the 10th race points will be....no 5 bonus points for lap lead and 5 more for most laps lead, they only get 1 and 2 points....help to save money in this day's economy no more practice/happy hour or what every you want to call it, they have notes out the ass from year before and races from the spring for each track....set your car up before you get to the track and adjust it during the race and prove how great these guys are....owner points should go in the trash can for quailifing, look at the tallie race gordon wound up 45th in time and made the race....one of the go or go home guys had a time that put him 7th and he went home, but gordon got to race....bullshit, there are 43 spots right, well 43 drivers get in on time alone PERIOD....no more favortisum to the 4 team owners who have the money the one team owners have....how many one team cars owners do you see drop out of race's within 14 laps to save there car for another race and take some money home without a wreaked car....cup drivers should only be able to race only 10 nation wide race's and give the regular nation wide guys a chance to win there championship for a change, i'm done with nascar........bob

bob1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 07:32 PM   #28
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie Monster Joe View Post
NASCAR sucks.........NASCAR sucks, it really really sucks, NASCAR sucks, it really really sucks!
I agree, I used to be a big NASCAR fan till they made it "equal opportunity" for the popular drivers who couldn't race or win, and commercialized it to the point it makes me puke.
Benzbuildr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 11:25 AM   #29
Pebble Pounder

I'm pretty much over nascar and have been for a long time. Earnhardt SR. passing was the beginning of the end for me.
Then they brought out the chase format followed by the COT which looks like something the Fast & Furious barfed up.
Now the way they call bullshit penalties and play favorites has pushed me over the edge.

JJ is to nice and to good all the time. There has to be some skeletens in the closet somewhere because nobody is that nice/goody goody all the time and still manages to dominate like he has....there is an element of bullshit in there somewhere, nobody has managed to uncover it yet.
cuzican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 11:38 AM   #30
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzican View Post
Now the way they call bullshit penalties and play favorites has pushed me over the edge.
This has been going on for a long time....nothing new. A rulebook written in pencil, penalties based on perception and The Cha$e are all the reasons I stopped watching, after the last real champion was crowned...Matt Kenseth.

What would Dale Earnhardt say if he was still alive?

I also agree with Norman.....the 1.5 cookie cutter tracks also killed it for me. Bring back The Rock and give the Southern 500 back to the Lady in Black on Labor Day.

(unless of course those things have already happened....been a long time since I watched NA$CAR)
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 11:48 AM   #31
Quarry Creeper

Jeff Gordon sucks Jimmie's Johnson...
Knarly Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 12:00 PM   #32
RCC Addict

Nascar is fine its just another sport turned business. hey I think the guy above me here has a weird signature! Anybody on here helped his uncle jack off a donkey
hbj069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 12:01 PM   #33
RCC Addict

well, johnson better lookout next year, especially with this new driver coming in...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/stor...in-2011-111110

besides, i gave up on nascar when all the damn cars started looking the same, and the whole chase/play-off thing began.

i do know of one thing that would bring my interest back to nascar, and that is convert a couple of the short 1/2 mile tracks back to dirt, and run a couple short track dirt races each season....

Last edited by STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER; 11-23-2010 at 12:03 PM.
STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:33 PM   #34
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER View Post
well, johnson better lookout next year, especially with this new driver coming in...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/stor...in-2011-111110

besides, i gave up on nascar when all the damn cars started looking the same, and the whole chase/play-off thing began.

i do know of one thing that would bring my interest back to nascar, and that is convert a couple of the short 1/2 mile tracks back to dirt, and run a couple short track dirt races each season....
Hell I'd be all for scrapping the asphalt tracks all together and taking dirt racing to the next level.
Dirt track races are infinitely more exciting than asphalt roundy rounds anyway. I love the World of Outlaws sprints and late models.....just wish it was televised as widely as nascar.
cuzican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:19 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

So, a little bit off topic. But I was recently in vegas and went into the infield at las vegas motor speedway, and ended up doing a 110mph lap around the track in our rented minivan, LOL.
Slowkrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 02:42 PM   #36
Rock Stacker

I agree with cuzican. Id rather watch a World of Outlaws race any day!
PeeWee is offline   Reply With Quote