Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: weight loss

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2011, 03:05 PM   #21
RCC Addict

like what kind of exercises do you do? cuz I'm trying the whole running and all that to get heart beat up but nothing is really working, my entire life has been doing weight lifting and doing the maxx on that so aerobic isn't something I know what to do
demonoid369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2011, 04:57 PM   #22
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUBBA069 View Post
Thats the way I was, talked to a nutritionist and my body was just maintaining at that point. To get it going the other way you have to kick start your metabolism. The high protein diet did that for me.

Breakfast: 6 egg white 2 yoke omelet or a bowl of oat meal with scope of protein powder (in a cup with Cinblast protein power and a little milk taste like a liquid oatmeal cookie)
1030 snack: either a cheese stick or a tub of no sugar added yogurt
Lunch: skinless chicken breast, or a slab of meatloaf
330 snack: hand full of cashews or a can of soda
dinner: rotate between 1/3 of a rotisserie chicken with a scoop of green beans, or bowl of chillie (no beans, 93% or leaner beef, I use ground sirloin), or meatloaf (90% lean beef)

do that all week, then satuday I eat what ever to keep myself sane.

It was amazing the difference after a week.

That much protein is hell on your kidneys. It would not be bad in cycles, but its not healthy in the long term. And I would ditch the 6 eggs and only eat the oatmeal, or just the a couple of eggs.
The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 05:23 PM   #23
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
When you starve yourself, you're metabolism will slow down even further, and you're body will start hoarding sugars and starches because it thinks that its, well, starving.

I've also found this to be true for me. When I was racing bicycles seriously, I was taking in 4300 calories a day. I weighed 145 and was at my leanest, fat wise. When I first started racing I wasn't eating enough....I felt tired, and just couldn't lose weight. Once I upped the calories, things just started to click.

Keep in mind though that I was riding/training 4-6 hours a day, so I don't suggest you start eating everything in site. Also, my intake was very regulated so it wasn't just a bunch of junk.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 11:14 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonoid369 View Post
like what kind of exercises do you do? cuz I'm trying the whole running and all that to get heart beat up but nothing is really working, my entire life has been doing weight lifting and doing the maxx on that so aerobic isn't something I know what to do
That's where I'm at right now, I lift a decent amount and enjoy that, but don't do too much cardio type stuff outside of work during the winter (no matter how much I try, I just can't stand machine cardio indoors ), but have no problems just going for a walk if the weather is nice or chasing my scaler around in an area that will work well for it
BJoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 09:05 AM   #25
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonoid369 View Post
I walk 4 miles a day, starting to ride a bike now that its warming up a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Violator View Post
That much protein is hell on your kidneys. It would not be bad in cycles, but its not healthy in the long term. And I would ditch the 6 eggs and only eat the oatmeal, or just the a couple of eggs.
I haven't had any issues yet, drinking lots of water. Take a leak about once an hour or so. Its not a lot of eggs, they are small eggs and its only the whites with two yokes so only 2 whole eggs are in it. Its not as much as you think. If I use the large eggs then I use 4 whites, 1 yoke.

I'm only doing this for a another couple months then I will go back to eating the way I was before. ie no fast food and things like that. I have already noticed things like soda don't even taste right to me anymore. Mainly stuff that has loads of sugar in it.

Hardest part was the first 2-3 weeks. fighting the urge to raid the cabinet for a snack like chips while watching a movie. Got to the point I don't even keep the stuff in the house and more, my kids are not happy with that LOL

Have 2 more months of this and I will (hopefully) be at my goal weight or very close to it. As I lose the LBS I get more energy, I can do more, more I do the better I feel.
BUBBA069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:34 PM   #26
Proverbial threadkiller

Smile Just cutting soda....

I decided to just cut the soda at work, and see where that'd go. Eliminated 2- 20oz bottles and 3 cans every day 5 days a week. Switched over to Crystal Light (1- 32oz bottle and 2- 20oz bottles), and just that one change netted me a 30 pound weight loss in the last year. And yes, it's getting to the point where soda doesn't even taste right anymore. Blood pressure's still out of control, though. Can't wait for spring to take this snow away so I can pull the bicycles down off the ceiling.

Any of you who have put any effort into taking care of yourselves are to be commended, I know how hard it is.
Trubble is offline   Reply With Quote