Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: weight loss

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2011, 06:42 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default weight loss

if you wanting to lose weight this product work very well. watch the video tell me what you think
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6h5Q...layer_embedded

here's another site also
http://www.blackdiamondbuilder.com/keith

Last edited by rockerrc; 03-11-2011 at 06:58 AM.
rockerrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2011, 06:50 AM   #2
Suck it up!

A proper diet and exercise works wonders.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 06:55 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
He did say "produce".....maybe the link was incorrect...
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 06:58 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
He did say "produce".....maybe the link was incorrect...
my bad product. sorry
Old 03-11-2011, 07:03 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

I was just kidding. Congrats on the weight loss....
Old 03-11-2011, 07:04 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
I was just kidding. Congrats on the weight loss....
thank you sir
Old 03-11-2011, 07:05 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
so you did watch the video...what did you think?
Old 03-11-2011, 07:18 AM   #8
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockerrc View Post
so you did watch the video...what did you think?

I started to. I'm just not a fan of weight loss gimmicks.

People don't need science, they need to put down the McDonalds, get their fat butts off the couch, and exercise a little bit.

After years of goofy dieting and many different products and weight loss plans, my wife finally took my advice. Nearly a year ago she quit drinking pop and eating fried foods, limited her (our ) fast food intake to once a week, cut out a good deal of sugar, and started walking on the treadmill 3 times a day, usually for 10-30 minutes at a time.

To date she's lost roughly 60 pounds, and her blood pressure is better now than it was 20 years ago.

No magic, no science, just doing the work.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:30 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

excellent tell your wife good i'm glad to here and your right exercise is the best!
Old 03-11-2011, 07:38 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Yep, I have a buddy who is a triathlete (crazy, I know)....he's big into nutrition. He always harps on the way to lose weight is to burn more calories than you intake. Several ways to accomplish that task, but the end result needs to be the same...
Old 03-11-2011, 07:41 AM   #11
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockerrc View Post
excellent tell your wife good i'm glad to here and your right exercise is the best!
Will do.

But everyone has to find what works best for them. I put myself on a much healthier diet and a pretty fair workout regimen for a month or so, and while I certainly felt 1000% better, I didn't lose any weight, maybe a pound or two.

However, once I fell off the wagon and went back to smoking, energy drinks, and Taco Bell, I immediately lost 10 pounds.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:00 AM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Lost 57lbs in ~4ish months, went to high protein diet, cut out soda completely, and walking 4 miles a day. Down to 295, heading to 250.. well trying anyway. Not loosing as fast anymore, but knees feel way better, the mile time is getting faster as well.
BUBBA069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 11:30 AM   #13
RCC Addict

see I know, people always say just eat right and exercise, but that doesn't always help.

I have not drank soda for two years now, not had any fast food either for a year and a half and I have a conditioning class everyday that I go to and work out, plus I eat alot of healthy food, like dark green veggies and stuff like that, but I still have stayed the same weight and size! I have learned it's because my metabolism is slow, so I need something that can kick it up a notch, so thanks for showing this, I might have to try
demonoid369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 11:33 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I started to. I'm just not a fan of weight loss gimmicks.

People don't need science, they need to put down the McDonalds, get their fat butts off the couch, and exercise a little bit.

After years of goofy dieting and many different products and weight loss plans, my wife finally took my advice. Nearly a year ago she quit drinking pop and eating fried foods, limited her (our ) fast food intake to once a week, cut out a good deal of sugar, and started walking on the treadmill 3 times a day, usually for 10-30 minutes at a time.

To date she's lost roughly 60 pounds, and her blood pressure is better now than it was 20 years ago.

i lost 43 since may of last year. i just stopped the crazy eating, limited my intake of calories and soda and exercise.
twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 11:44 AM   #15
I wanna be Dave

My meds just killed my appetite, and I lost like 35lbs from when I started them, but 45 overall. On average, I don't eat much more than 500-750 calories a day. Just not hungry.

And I don't buy all the BS that eating less is bad for you Leave it to whom ever determines what is healthy for us to eat, to say we still need to eat alot. And that losing more than a pound a week is un healthy. Of course they will say that when money is involved. Lots of European countries only eat 1 meal a day, smoke, and drink wine, and are healthier than most Americans

Excersize and cutting back on sugars, MSG's, and other crap is the best way. But not eating works too. I am losing about a pound a day. And havent felt better since HS
Chris_The_Battery_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 11:51 AM   #16
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonoid369 View Post
see I know, people always say just eat right and exercise, but that doesn't always help.

I have not drank soda for two years now, not had any fast food either for a year and a half and I have a conditioning class everyday that I go to and work out, plus I eat alot of healthy food, like dark green veggies and stuff like that, but I still have stayed the same weight and size! I have learned it's because my metabolism is slow, so I need something that can kick it up a notch, so thanks for showing this, I might have to try
The true tipping point for my wife was the pop. She had been on diets before with no real results, and she had worked out before, but unless she spent 2-3 hours a day at the gym working the elliptical machine like it was the only thing keeping the planet on its axis (which she did for several months), she still wouldn't loose much, even with a low calorie diet.

As soon as she quit drinking pop and started drinking 4-6 bottles of water a day, the weight flew off of her.

Different people process different chemicals too, so what works for one may not work for another. If you can, try and go see a nutritionist and see what direction they point you in. Mankind has lived for quite a while without relying on crazy man-made chemicals, so there is no real need to start ingesting them now.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:03 PM   #17
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_The_Battery_Man View Post
And I don't buy all the BS that eating less is bad for you

Excersize and cutting back on sugars, MSG's, and other crap is the best way. But not eating works too. I am losing about a pound a day. And havent felt better since HS
When you starve yourself, you're metabolism will slow down even further, and you're body will start hoarding sugars and starches because it thinks that its, well, starving.

That is most likely why I didn't lose hardly anything when I changed my diet up. It was a shock to the system so it just grabbed whatever crap it could. I was by no means starving myself, but I wasn't snacking like I usually do or filling up on sugary substances. But then again, I wasn't as hungry either. Had I given it more time, I"m pretty sure the results would have been better, though my goal really wasn't to lose weight. That would have just been a happy side effect of living healthier.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:14 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_The_Battery_Man View Post
My meds just killed my appetite, and I lost like 35lbs from when I started them, but 45 overall. On average, I don't eat much more than 500-750 calories a day. Just not hungry.

And I don't buy all the BS that eating less is bad for you Leave it to whom ever determines what is healthy for us to eat, to say we still need to eat alot. And that losing more than a pound a week is un healthy. Of course they will say that when money is involved. Lots of European countries only eat 1 meal a day, smoke, and drink wine, and are healthier than most Americans

you have to be careful though, you could start loosing muscle...
twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 12:25 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted View Post
you have to be careful though, you could start loosing muscle...
Ive heard this, and am not sure. From what I understand, protein is takes more time and energy to burn. But I dont really know for sure. I can say, that I definitely haven't lost any muscle yet. But then again, aside of my abnormally large legs, I dont really have any
Chris_The_Battery_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 01:27 PM   #20
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonoid369 View Post

Thats the way I was, talked to a nutritionist and my body was just maintaining at that point. To get it going the other way you have to kick start your metabolism. The high protein diet did that for me.

Breakfast: 6 egg white 2 yoke omelet or a bowl of oat meal with scope of protein powder (in a cup with Cinblast protein power and a little milk taste like a liquid oatmeal cookie)
1030 snack: either a cheese stick or a tub of no sugar added yogurt
Lunch: skinless chicken breast, or a slab of meatloaf
330 snack: hand full of cashews or a can of soda
dinner: rotate between 1/3 of a rotisserie chicken with a scoop of green beans, or bowl of chillie (no beans, 93% or leaner beef, I use ground sirloin), or meatloaf (90% lean beef)

do that all week, then satuday I eat what ever to keep myself sane.

It was amazing the difference after a week.

Last edited by BUBBA069; 03-11-2011 at 01:29 PM.
BUBBA069 is offline   Reply With Quote