Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: NEVER Hit A Woman?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2011, 11:31 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default NEVER Hit A Woman?

So where does your "never hit a woman" line end?

For me, the elderly come before women.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikwi_u3p5Z0
RANOVRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2011, 11:37 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Justice prevailed in that case.

Here's a reverse....the singer of Screaching Weasel hits two women at a show at SXSW a few weeks ago:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRmLoIsGq2A
Although, from the looks of his "punches"...the matchup would have been fair.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:49 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
Justice prevailed in that case.

Ehh, technically I guess. Assault charges are pretty petty IMO. If anything this will just teach her that there arent any "real" consequences for acting like that, and she will more than likely walk around thinking she can do that again.

Quote:
Here's a reverse....the singer of Screaching Weasel hits two women at a show at SXSW a few weeks ago:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRmLoIsGq2A
Although, from the looks of his "punches"...the matchup would have been fair.

With a name like Ben Weasel what more do you expect?
Old 03-31-2011, 12:08 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANOVRU View Post
Ehh, technically I guess. Assault charges are pretty petty IMO. If anything this will just teach her that there arent any "real" consequences for acting like that, and she will more than likely walk around thinking she can do that again.
The next news story will be the women going back to Walmart to try and finish what they started.
GRIMGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:24 PM   #5
Scale Detail Engineering

What is going on Ohioans!
I'm originally from Toledo and I hate that place... every damn time I've been back there and out with friends for a drink, some jackass always wants to start trouble. I won't even go out anymore.
I think it's because Toledo is a dying city, the people are desperate and don't know how to deal with it... so they take it out on each other. Everyone has a chip on their shoulder.
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:47 PM   #6
RCC Addict

They both should be charged for a hate crime. Any time racial slurs are said in the act of a crime, it is a hate crime.
KBrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:04 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Hate crimes are such BS. Any violent crime, is a hate crime.

My take:

Im a white dude, two guys come up and beat the crap out of me (good luck), and steal my wallet. They both get 15 years in prison.

Im a black dude, two guys come up and beat me, and steal my wallet because Im black, They both get 30 years in prison because it was considered a hate crime - PC justice!

Who gives a crap. You beat the crap out of both of us, and took our wallets.
The motivation is completely irrelevant. The actions are both hateful. The dudes should all go to jail for 30 years.

With the hate crime crap, a reasonable amount of the time, when compared to similar non-hate crimes, there is no equal justice under the law.

Oops, theres my mistake justice.

Important concept:

Just because its legal does not make it right.
Just because its right, does not mean its legal.

If you cant figure this out, your moral compass is sitting near a magnet, near one of the poles, in the wrong hemisphere, or is more than likely broken.

Last edited by entropy; 03-31-2011 at 05:57 PM.
entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:48 PM   #8
I joined the Band!

I have heard that it is illegal to force receipt inspection at the door like they do it, but that still does not justify their actions, but is it typical.
tom@vp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:00 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom@vp View Post
I have heard that it is illegal to force receipt inspection at the door like they do it, but that still does not justify their actions, but is it typical.
If the greeter suspects that they have stolen something, then it is fine. If they are asking every person to see their receipt, then you have the right to refuse. You'll notice that they usually ask to see the receipt and your bags...
Old 03-31-2011, 02:14 PM   #10
Scale Detail Engineering

We shop at Costco and there's always 2 people at the door comparing your bag/receipt. My only issue with it is that it causes a line to get out of the store!
Old 03-31-2011, 02:21 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBrog View Post
They both should be charged for a hate crime. Any time racial slurs are said in the act of a crime, it is a hate crime.
Hate crimes are a joke. If they werent abused and used as a excuse for everything, then maybe Id think different but that aint ever going to happen. Even in this case, they didnt mess with the old guy because of his race. It was because they were pissed he wanted to check their receipt.
With the guy being old and being theirs two women attacking him, I see no prob for the old guy to throw a punch. Theres no reason he should have to sit there and take the brunt from two pissed off hags. Im not for smacking women around but I am for self defense.
MnRockCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:27 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post
We shop at Costco and there's always 2 people at the door comparing your bag/receipt. My only issue with it is that it causes a line to get out of the store!
That's different....that is a "private club"...I am sure you agreed to bag/receipt checks when you signed their contract.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:27 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBrog View Post
x2..doubt it will go that way..only works the other way around
vonclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:31 PM   #14
Scale Detail Engineering

You know what really bothers me about this, if I'd seen those 2 women beating an old man I know I wouldn't have just stood there and watched. I'm sure I would've jumped in to pull them off him, women or not, then I'd be sitting my butt in jail!

edit: BTW, I've never hit a woman and do not condone it, I think men who beat there wives should rot in jail.

That being said, check out Sarah Silverman getting her block knocked off!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w6UUkkOmgo

Last edited by johnnyh66; 03-31-2011 at 02:50 PM.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:43 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonclod View Post
x2..doubt it will go that way..only works the other way around

Nailed it!!!!
KBrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 07:36 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

One of the biggest problems with any situation like this is that a very large majority of people are afraid of stepping in or getting involved for fear of being sued or attacked themselves.

We've down-spiraled into a society of uncaring selfish individuals with low moral standards. People don't think twice about letting loose though, with no thought of consequence or fear of reprisal.

Rather than stepping in and trying to help or at least attempting to get help, people are more inclined to start shooting vid and posting shit like this on You Tube.

Incredibly sad really.
CreepyCrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:06 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
That's different....that is a "private club"...I am sure you agreed to bag/receipt checks when you signed their contract.

Just to play devils advicate, Best Buy isnt a private club and they will make you show them your receipt if youre carrying a bag out the door. That goes for anyone & everyone, at least at the half dozen or so around Richmond Ive been to.

Wally World may indeed be different. Regardless, that doesnt excuse their actions. The fact that they tried to file charges against WM when the police showed up is pretty clear that they were going to try and pull the race card for something like racial profiling Im sure.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:14 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post

edit: BTW, I've never hit a woman and do not condone it, I think men who beat there wives should rot in jail.

This isnt about spouse abuse. Whole other subject altogether.

I didnt say I condone going around beating on women, but anyone that beats up on the elderly, regardless of gender or race, deserves to get their clock cleaned.

Funny, I dont ever remember hearing about an electric chair, gas chamber, or needle ever caring about gender or skin color...
Old 03-31-2011, 09:56 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom@vp View Post
If the greeter suspects that they have stolen something, then it is fine. If they are asking every person to see their receipt, then you have the right to refuse. You'll notice that they usually ask to see the receipt and your bags...
It's never required that you show your receipt at WM. Just say no and keep going. Same goes for Fry's and Best Buy. Costco and other membership clubs can, because it's in the terms you agreed to when you signed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANOVRU View Post
Just to play devils advicate, Best Buy isnt a private club and they will make you show them your receipt if youre carrying a bag out the door. That goes for anyone & everyone, at least at the half dozen or so around Richmond Ive been to.
Have them call the police if they suspect you're stolen something. They'll let you go. They can't hold you, and their loss prevention knows it.

Just to throw a little more fuel on this fire, I love the excuse given when asked why they check receipts. "It's to make sure you've gotten everything you've paid for", which is PC for "We want to make sure you aren't stealing our stuff."
This, along with BB's new return policy, is why I'm switching to online vendors.
Jeckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:37 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

I gotta agree i couldnt have watched something like that happen, I would have jumped those "women" and been sitting in jail with Johnny.

I like it when the geeters are up and about, greeting, checking reciepts, handing out buggies, and smiling. Everytime i walk in and its some lazyass kid or old person who doesnt give a rats ass it really annoys me, my god you have a super easy job, how hard is it to put on a good face and do it right?
Rootar is offline   Reply With Quote