Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: seriously about Trump

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2011, 12:39 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom@vp View Post
Another huge point Trump is making that I stand up and applaud, why are we not charging for our military services.

The arab nations want Gadaffi out so bad they should pay for this crap, 500 million dollars already. I would have much rather have paid off some of the bonds china owns ... this IS a direct presidential decision

south korea, we have some 25000 soldiers there paid by us in the sum of trillions of dollars, spending our money there, they are now an ecomnomic power house that manufactures, cruise ships, yachts, cars, electronics, industrial equipment and who know what else, they dont need our free help any more.

Iraq... bleh... botom line they should pay in oil for our services or we should leave.

Pakistan, 1 billion per year free money, im soory what do they do for us.

Vietnam... see south korea ....billions

These are things the president has plenty of control of and these are thing trump is spouting and i have never heard any politician bring up to date.

edit: 500 million is not half of 1 trillion... got too excited
This right here is enough for me to vote for the guy.

I like the Donald, and would vote for him over Obama or palin
BEELZEBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2011, 01:11 PM   #22
I joined the Band!

i can see him now in a private conference room with the Chinese president.
Attached Images

tom@vp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 01:49 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSP View Post
There may be billions of more qualified people, yet I don't see them putting their money where their mouths are.
Why should they...the best at the chance won't leave their salaries of Millions of dollars (not counting bonuses/investments) to someone else to run a country for a mere $400K/yr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom@vp View Post
Trump will benefit financially from a strong economy, but is that bad. I really dont care if he gets more rich from correcting the situation we have now.
I actually think this is a positive, an incentive to do shit. This was seen as one reason Perot was not so loved. He wouldn't take a salary but said he would continue his involvement with his investments (not running, just keeping his own interests in check).
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 02:46 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob1961 View Post
the only problem is whom ever is president needs to have a congress behind him to do want he wants to get done or what ever trump has in mind will never get out of his head as an idea....the plus thing with trump being president is that he can veto what he don't want that congress toss's up on his desk to sign....i can see 4 long years of not seeing to agree on anything between the two ........bob

This is not really true.. If the President is a true leader he will lead and if the American people are behind him and his policies his approval ratings will show. If the career politicians see that the votes are behind the ideas a president has they will do what they have to do to keep their jobs..

A strong president would dismiss the bickering and BS and get the work done. Not go on vacation for 4 years..
sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 03:15 PM   #25
I joined the Band!

recent uninterrupted interview, id post fox, but oreily want to talk over him
http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/trum...1/30/id/384427

tom@vp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 03:49 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

I really hope he runs and gets elected. I have been wanting an independently succesfull president since Perot.
4xFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 04:26 PM   #27
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryterror View Post
Why should they...the best at the chance won't leave their salaries of Millions of dollars (not counting bonuses/investments) to someone else to run a country for a mere $400K/yr.
Come one now, there is a lot more financial gain from being a president than the 400k per year salary. The list of benefits is mighty long. Just look at what Clinton has gained since leaving office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryterror View Post
I actually think this is a positive, an incentive to do shit. This was seen as one reason Perot was not so loved. He wouldn't take a salary but said he would continue his involvement with his investments (not running, just keeping his own interests in check).
The problem his that Perot had other motives besides financial that were in play. Trump and Perot are two very different people, the only real thing they have in common is the billionaire club.

Sure there are always more qualified people, but if they aren't a contender it really doesn't matter now does it?

We have to deal with what we have, and right now he is the best person who has even considered running at this point.

We have to get this guy out of office who no one paid close enough attention to. He has taken the problems of Bush and Clinton and multiplied them 100 fold. It doesn't take much intelligence to realize that you can't spend your way out of massive debt. You can't continually add new spending, new debt, and get involved in new conflicts and make progress. You can't cow toe to every foreign power and show submission.
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 03:32 AM   #28
Quarry Creeper

I dont care what his views are. I'd NEVER vote for him. IMO its all a publicity stunt. Its a well known fact that Trump is a publicity whore.
MnRockCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote