Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: seriously about Trump

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2011, 08:40 AM   #1
I joined the Band!

Default seriously about Trump

Let me start by stating what a third world country is

"Unlike an industrial nation where certain criteria are met, these are nations which struggle to compete because of a lack of one or more of the following: health, education, employment, resources, money, and other various factors."

the key word in this paragraph is Industrial nation

We are not yet a third world country, but without manufacturing (cars, electronics, toys, phones, clothes, everything), we will be one imho well within our life time.

We are becoming a service sector oriented country, thats great except without capitol this can not be sustained, service is what you get after you have money to spend. manufacturing creates deep wealth, from the products being manufactured, and all of the equipment and tools used to manufacture, and the money earned get spent here which creates a whole cycle of money flow. The two biggest money outflows from this country are going to china for manufactured goods, and for middle east oil. both of which we still currently have the capability to manufacture ourselves.

China's single biggest advantage is they peg the value of their currency to ours and it is pegged 30 percent less value. so when we are in the slumps and our currency goes down, our products are supposed to get more affordable to the rest of the world. but it does not happen because even though we are having a sale on our goods, china is undercutting us at a time when their currency is supposed to be going up, we can NEVER win this cycle. it is dirty pool. untill their currency is put on the open market we will always have one leg tied to the other. while they are allowed to full sprint.

People will say, oh but china owns most of our bonds they can sell them and make us go broke. They own 1 trillion dollars in bonds, We just gave that amount away last year to the banks.

Im liking Trumps view on china and opec, and iraq for that matter. i know he can manage money which is our other major problem ( money management ). I feel we need a serious person in office, and he speaks up and out loud about the real issues plaguing this country.

anyways im not saying he is the greatest man in the world, im just saying after so many years of loosers, we need some Winning (thanks charlie)

discuss

Last edited by tom@vp; 04-01-2011 at 08:43 AM.
tom@vp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2011, 08:45 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:54 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

I have to agree 100%, the loss of manufacturing and all of the imports we rely on are kicking our econimies ass.
ram_tough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:57 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I'd vote for his hair!
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:00 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

america - the only third world country with an obesity epidemic?
Mr.Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:14 AM   #6
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Slave View Post
america - the only third world country with an obesity epidemic?
see service oriented country, the next stage of our economy obesity is eliminated.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:17 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom@vp View Post
see service oriented country, the next stage of our economy obesity is eliminated.
thats one problem solved
Old 04-01-2011, 09:18 AM   #8
RCC Addict

My deal is that you have to select the right president for the right time in history. Not all great presidents would have been had the been president at the wrong time. I don't think Trump would always be the answer but at this point I think he could be great for what our country needs. For me to fully support him I would need a firm commitment and a running mate that is retired military to bolster Trump in that area in which he has little knowledge and experience.

I think based on what we are facing as a nation now that Trump could very well be the right man for the job right now. Is he arrogant? Yes. Does he have past issues? Yes However, name me one president in the past who you could answer no to both of those questions. The issue is does his past cause a problem for us now? Not really. Is his arrogance backed up in a way that he at least has some just reasoning for it? Yes, just look at his record.

Personally, I also think we need someone who isn't a career politician and isn't looking to make money off the presidency directly.

There is no denying that Trump understands the fundamentals of business and success in this country.

There is no denying as well that he is neither extreme right or left, which is what is needed at this point as well.
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:41 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

the only problem is whom ever is president needs to have a congress behind him to do want he wants to get done or what ever trump has in mind will never get out of his head as an idea....the plus thing with trump being president is that he can veto what he don't want that congress toss's up on his desk to sign....i can see 4 long years of not seeing to agree on anything between the two ........bob

bob1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:52 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob1961 View Post
the only problem is whom ever is president needs to have a congress behind him

People focus too much on the pres. Its just a face.

Until the corrupt politians, some of whom have pretty much indefinately been in office, get cleaned out nothing will change.
RANOVRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:32 AM   #11
I joined the Band!

He is vocal, and that is what the next person has to be, I think he will call out congress out loud.

I'm sure he would have a shrewd eye on spending.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:33 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
He is vocal, and that is what the next person has to be, I think he will call out congress out loud.

I'm sure he would have a shrewd eye on spending.
im betting his policies would benefit him the most though..
Old 04-01-2011, 10:39 AM   #13
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Slave View Post
im betting his policies would benefit him the most though..
He went from being stupid rich, to losing it all, and back to being stupid rich. I don't think monetary gain would be in his presidential agenda. It wouldn't need to be.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 11:04 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

To what end? Neither the pres or congress has total power. Gridlock anyone?

Isnt that the reason the govt is shutting down now??

Im not downing Trumph. The money management aspect of him is very appealing and the country could definately use that right now...
RANOVRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 11:20 AM   #15
I joined the Band!

Another huge point Trump is making that I stand up and applaud, why are we not charging for our military services.

The arab nations want Gadaffi out so bad they should pay for this crap, 500 million dollars already. I would have much rather have paid off some of the bonds china owns ... this IS a direct presidential decision

south korea, we have some 25000 soldiers there paid by us in the sum of trillions of dollars, spending our money there, they are now an ecomnomic power house that manufactures, cruise ships, yachts, cars, electronics, industrial equipment and who know what else, they dont need our free help any more.

Iraq... bleh... botom line they should pay in oil for our services or we should leave.

Pakistan, 1 billion per year free money, im soory what do they do for us.

Vietnam... see south korea ....billions

These are things the president has plenty of control of and these are thing trump is spouting and i have never heard any politician bring up to date.

edit: 500 million is not half of 1 trillion... got too excited

Last edited by tom@vp; 04-01-2011 at 11:28 AM.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:27 AM   #16
I wanna be Dave

There are much better options than Trump...millions of them.

Quote:
Im liking Trumps view on china and opec, and iraq for that matter. i know he can manage money which is our other major problem ( money management ). I feel we need a serious person in office, and he speaks up and out loud about the real issues plaguing this country
Trump was born into money...he didn't make it all as some believe.

He's seen plenty of financial failures he couldn't plan or predict for and had "help" from friends.

In reality saying the good things and doing them are not what he's good at. Hes a big mouth and a real estate mogul, not a leader for a country.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 11:36 AM   #17
I joined the Band!

you may be right, but they have to run.

Being born into wealth, is not the same as maintaining it for 50 years.

he manufactures skyscrapers and understands this very well rich snob or not.

if our manufacturing was as it should be, we would be worried about which planet to send astronauts to instead of oil prices.

Last edited by tom@vp; 04-01-2011 at 11:43 AM.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:07 PM   #18
RCC Addict

There may be billions of more qualified people, yet I don't see them putting their money where their mouths are.

The career politician thing has got us in the trouble we are in today, which is why we have Obama. Someone who is all talk with no substance to show for it.

As Tom said, maintaining the money is a whole different trick. There are plenty of those who have been born into money only to lose it all.

The part about friends is rather silly too, who doesn't make it without friends? Do you expect some kind of self proclaimed rogue to make it to the white house? One thing I have learned is no one makes it on their own, period.
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:22 PM   #19
I joined the Band!

Trump will benefit financially from a strong economy, but is that bad. I really dont care if he gets more rich from correcting the situation we have now.

his policies

For 2012, Trump has made an energetic investigation of a presidential candidacy, including a February speech to a CPAC gathering,[67] an early venue for candidates considering a presidential run, as a write-in candidate in its straw poll for the office. A Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll released in March 2011 found Donald Trump leading among potential contenders for the Republican nomination for President of the United States, one point ahead of former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney.[68] A Newsweek poll conducted February 2011 showed that Donald Trump garnered sufficient support to prevail in the November 2012 general election for President of the United States against Barack Obama.[7]
Trump's political stances included the following:[69]
With Trump expected to make a decision by the summer of 2011, his campaign has been reported by some media as a possible promotional tool for his reality show The Apprentice.[73][74] Time.com had the headline "Donald Trump Begins Not Running For President"[75] and the Huffington Post was similarly dismissive.[76]
Old 04-01-2011, 12:37 PM   #20
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSP View Post
There may be billions of more qualified people, yet I don't see them putting their money where their mouths are.

The career politician thing has got us in the trouble we are in today, which is why we have Obama. Someone who is all talk with no substance to show for it.

As Tom said, maintaining the money is a whole different trick. There are plenty of those who have been born into money only to lose it all.

The part about friends is rather silly too, who doesn't make it without friends? Do you expect some kind of self proclaimed rogue to make it to the white house? One thing I have learned is no one makes it on their own, period.
Quote:
Trump will benefit financially from a strong economy, but is that bad. I really dont care if he gets more rich from correcting the situation we have now.

his policies

For 2012, Trump has made an energetic investigation of a presidential candidacy, including a February speech to a CPAC gathering,[67] an early venue for candidates considering a presidential run, as a write-in candidate in its straw poll for the office. A Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll released in March 2011 found Donald Trump leading among potential contenders for the Republican nomination for President of the United States, one point ahead of former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney.[68] A Newsweek poll conducted February 2011 showed that Donald Trump garnered sufficient support to prevail in the November 2012 general election for President of the United States against Barack Obama.[7]
Trump's political stances included the following:[69]
With Trump expected to make a decision by the summer of 2011, his campaign has been reported by some media as a possible promotional tool for his reality show The Apprentice.[73][74] Time.com had the headline "Donald Trump Begins Not Running For President"[75] and the Huffington Post was similarly dismissive.[76]

Honestly, we have needed an honorable person to step up and take charge.

No one has done this in my opinion since I saw JFK get assassinated as a young boy.

For too long, I have wondered if I would see anyone able to do this and Donald looks like he could be this person.

He is tough on responsability and accountability.
He demands everyone do their part.
He wants answers, not excuses.
His policies on government issues are sound and strong.

I think, and this is JMO, he could do more than anyone has in along time, and not just more, the right stuff.

JC
skid plate is offline   Reply With Quote