Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Is your job really worth the money? or do I just sound stupid..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2011, 07:10 PM   #21
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
I never said I don't pay taxes, I do. I meant to say that there is much more to life than making money while simultaneously handing it off to someone or someplace else.

Hard work is a good thing, everyone should have that ethic. But busting your ass just to become another cash generating zombie is stupid.
Out side of my day job all my side work is cash under the table, so no taxes there, here recently more and more is starting to be bartering more than cash changing hands.

I don't like what the gov. does with the money either, but that's why I vote.

I don't work non-stop, but I rarely pass up chance to make an extra buck, few nights a week I get calls at night about work. Being the sole IT guy comes with the job. Being a single parent sucks ass. Been that way for ~4 years, been on a single income for closer to 8. Having my pay cut 3 times, and cost of everything going up over the last 4 years I'm glad I worked all those extra jobs. Not hurting as bad as I could be if I spent it as I got it.

Have the house payment and a car payment, that's it. Dont even have a credit card. buy everything cash in hand.

work my ass off now, relax enjoy the way out when I'm old and want to go slow.
BUBBA069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2011, 07:28 PM   #22
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlhog View Post
i love my job ,pay not so good and i work for the most miserable man alive that hates everyone and everything. almost daily he threatens us with termination for the most petty things. i put up with his crap because of the crappy economy and lack of jobs, i never bring work home and once i punch out i put the job out of my head and enjoy the family and my crawlers and then start all over monday.
amen brother.
ol puddin head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:38 PM   #23
dnf

I love what I do,and my boss is the best guy I have ever worked for.My family does suffer as a result of my hrs during certain times of the yr,but given that 150yrs ago I may have had to leave for months at a time just to transport one load of goods from state to state,it doesnt seem that bad in comparison.

I think paople in general have spoiled themselfs rotten in todays society.If you want more,whether it be more pay,or more time with family,work harder to make it happen,it wont likely just be handed to you.
rock hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 05:32 PM   #24
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUBBA069 View Post
working my ass off now so when I retire, I can retire. I don't want to be in my 70's and having to work somewhere because I have to just to eat, not because I'm bored.

and the working a little as possible mentality is whats wrong with the world today. To many people wanting to coast by and when in a jam hold their hand out. Get off your ass, work, SAVE money for the bad times.

Yup....my sister has the "work as little as possible" mentality.....guess where it has got her? 29 years old, living at home with mom, no job, no vehicle, and 3 kids with random fathers.

Yup...work as little as possible folks.....us honest hardworking people have been looking for a few more losers to support.

I work a good job with good benefits and I snatch up all the overtime I can get my hands on.
Whether I like it or not is irrelevant to me. I however do like the work I do, and the people I work with, however I don't like some of the upper management but I don't have to like them as long as they keep us in business.
Is it "worth it"?? Since it provides a home for my family, vehicles to drive, "toys" to play with, and insurance/retirement I would say yes....it is very worth it.

Last edited by cuzican; 04-16-2011 at 05:35 PM.
cuzican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 06:18 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

It really depends on the employer. I worked at a shop where we worked on average 70-80hrs per week, but they paid shitty. In the end, my paycheck looked good but I had no life. Now, I work for a company that pays me well, I work 8-4:30 5 days a week with the occasional stint of overtime thrown in there. The more I work, the more money I make for the shop which they take note of and make sure I am compensated for that in my christmas bonus.

I will not work my bag off for some asshole employer.
Slowkrawl is offline   Reply With Quote