Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Rate the last movie you watched

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2017, 08:43 AM   #1261
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched

GI Joe retaliation

So dropping a tungsten rod from a satellite make London "dance" and why target poor London when Copenhagen are "right next to it"

I think not even if you dropped a 40 foot container sized tungsten load from a satellite would that happen,,,,,, you might get a good hole in the ground, but for much more you need more speed than terminal velocity.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2017, 09:01 AM   #1262
I wanna be Dave

anybody watch baby driver yet? worth the 20 bucks to see?
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 11:05 AM   #1263
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM9000 View Post
anybody watch baby driver yet? worth the 20 bucks to see?
I thought Baby Driver was good. Rotten Tomatoes gave it 89% audience which is pretty good rating for a movie.

I wont rate it here just cause I don't watch movies much, that's rentals or theaters. This was the first movie in a 1 1/2 years I saw in a theater.

Sad thing is that I've been working for Panavision in Hollywood for 28 years. We manufacture and rent the movie cameras and lenses for the TV and Movie industry.
59sled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 01:57 PM   #1264
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUBBA069 View Post
Look up iron spider. It's one a couple suits that Stark makes for Spiderman. Traditional spandex suit is a thing of the past.
i know what the iron spider suit is.
read the entire (comic) civil war arc and tell me if peter likes the suit after he figures out tony was manipulating him the whole time, giving him fancy stuff to trick him into revealing his identity to the world and... well major spoilers ensue.

so to me, iron spidey suit = tony stark is an A hole suit.

also not feeling the whole miles morales thing. you mean to tell me, we are on our THIRD actor playing spiderman, and in that very same movie its laying groundwork for a FOURTH?! no thanks. if RDJ can play iron man for 10+ years, I think we should have one spiderman that's lasts more than 3.

I still haven't seen homecoming.
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 07:00 PM   #1265
Pebble Pounder

The first 2 are Sony's fault and their crap attempts.

Holland is first and only from current Mavel, and I look forward to more non sony controlled Spider-Man movies.

Hope sony takes some hints for the Venom movie.
BUBBA069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 11:24 AM   #1266
I wanna be Dave

yeah we are only getting like 2.5 spiderman movies with Holland. 2 actual spiderman movies, a couple of avenger appearances, and maybe a cameo in the venom/blackcat/whatever movies.

in the deal with sony, the idea was marvel was going to help sony "un-suckify" the spiderman movie franchise, in exchange, sony would let marvel use the same character/actor in their universe as well.

so yes, technically sony still owns spiderman on film.
Old 08-08-2017, 05:15 PM   #1267
I wanna be Dave

DUNKIRK. 11/10 go see this movie. seriously.
Old 08-11-2017, 11:57 AM   #1268
DVS
Pebble Pounder

Wonder Woman 7.5
Spider-Man: Homecoming 6.5-7
DVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 11:16 PM   #1269
Quarry Creeper

Wonder Women

5/10

Ok movie. The movie had a feminist tilt Was filled with emotional jargon. Something's made zero sense like they sleep in the boat and next morning they wake up and are in London... lol.

Gill Gadot is good looking, but her physique is not suitable for this role. Probably the producer wanted to focus more on her feminine face and didn't want it to change. It would have been better if she had hit the gym before and during the movie making.

note : I bet a lot of women want that golden whip
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 08:00 PM   #1270
Quarry Creeper

Default Rate the last movie you watched

Old Boy (Josh Brolin)
7/10 a bit abstract with a very odd twist!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
skybolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 11:26 AM   #1271
Pebble Pounder

Blade Runner 2049, 9/10. I really like the original. This was done just as well. Its long, like 2h45m long, but its good. If you like the original stands a good chance you will like this one. If you didn't, might wait to redbox it.

Kingsman: The Golden Circle 6/10... entertaining, but just as campy (if not more) than the first.
Old 10-11-2017, 12:15 PM   #1272
I wanna be Dave

Hitmans Bodyguard 10/10

Always liked Reynolds and no matter the part SLJ is awesome. Throw in Salma with a sailers mouth and movie climbs from a 5 to a 12 if you get me.
cmbscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 01:36 PM   #1273
I wanna be Dave

nice reviews here.
i agree Gal Gadot was not the best choice, and yes, she actually DID hit the gym. a LOT. more for stamina thatn strength or bulk, unfortunately. i like a WW that is believably strong. you think cavil as superman would be a believable superman if he just had a "trim" build? GTFO. i would have put Gadot on a strict regime of cheeseburgers and SQUATS. maybe some running.
i dont think that makes the movie "bad". but would have helped it be... better. if you get me ;)

Blade Runner 2049... i have embarrassingly not seen this yet. i am a HUGE fan of the original. add to the fact its not doing great in the box office, i feel really guilty about not going. i heard its great but long. sounds ok to me!

recently i tried watching logans run. jeez... its old. then ice pirates. wow what a piece of junk. its been my guilty pleasure lately, really terrible old sci-fi. oh and i watched Cherry 2000. that one is actually pretty good!
Old 10-18-2017, 01:50 PM   #1274
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
nice reviews here.
i agree Gal Gadot was not the best choice, and yes, she actually DID hit the gym. a LOT. more for stamina thatn strength or bulk, unfortunately. i like a WW that is believably strong. you think cavil as superman would be a believable superman if he just had a "trim" build? GTFO. i would have put Gadot on a strict regime of cheeseburgers and SQUATS. maybe some running.
i dont think that makes the movie "bad". but would have helped it be... better. if you get me ;)

Blade Runner 2049... i have embarrassingly not seen this yet. i am a HUGE fan of the original. add to the fact its not doing great in the box office, i feel really guilty about not going. i heard its great but long. sounds ok to me!

recently i tried watching logans run. jeez... its old. then ice pirates. wow what a piece of junk. its been my guilty pleasure lately, really terrible old sci-fi. oh and i watched Cherry 2000. that one is actually pretty good!
Ice Pirates is awesomely bad. First movie I remember seeing Ron Perlman in.
Old 10-20-2017, 01:41 PM   #1275
I wanna be Dave

yeah he's in it, one of Robert Ulrich's crew. its so bad i didn't even finish it lol my wife woke up next to me on the couch at 3am and was like WTF are you watching?! i said i have no idea, its horrible! turned it off and went up to bed.

my co-workers and i are currently debating "what franchise has ever SUCCESSFULLY been rebooted?" so far all we have is Spider-Man. and that's... just barely. might be a good separate topic. holy... what about BATMAN?!
Old 10-20-2017, 04:29 PM   #1276
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
nice reviews here.

I never got the criticms of Gadot’s size. She got hit with it from the start. Our other on screen persona, Carter, was tiny. Wonder Woman isn’t big or bulky in the comics, she’s slim & trim. I think she’s about as close as one could get.
NoobCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 04:45 PM   #1277
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobCrawler View Post
I never got the criticms of Gadot’s size. She got hit with it from the start. Our other on screen persona, Carter, was tiny. Wonder Woman isn’t big or bulky in the comics, she’s slim & trim. I think she’s about as close as one could get.
Boobs... nuff said
Old 10-20-2017, 11:42 PM   #1278
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbscx10 View Post
Boobs... nuff said
Careful. Google doesn’t like that word uttered here. Their search bar however...is game on.
NoobCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 08:25 AM   #1279
Rock Crawler

Already cost us one of the best OT threads in here

Google,,,, dont be evil

I am contemplating going to a cinema for the first time in 30 years to see the new blade runner, but i let things calm down so i dont have to rub shoulders with a lot of the other dumb asses living here.

BTW i have my google stuff so screwed up they can hardly figure it out, and i barely get told ( on computer or android phone ) when i have a mail on my G-mail account, and if some one comment on a youtube video of mine i only find out by chance as i get zero notifications.
I said NO to everything on google and elsewhere aside for delete your account.
Microsoft got to be pretty frustrated with me too
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 10:29 AM   #1280
I wanna be Dave

Leatherface

Ok if you like the series but lame as needed more detail. Very slow timeline and felt like the movie was agonizingly long. Still left a few questions.

Tags
epdrinkspp