Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: The Walking Dead

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2011, 02:54 PM   #41
Quarry Creeper

does anyone know if any of the members knew the girl was in there? it seemed kinda like somebody from the camp should have known??
rc dreemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2011, 03:07 PM   #42
Quarry Creeper

How should they have known?
blue10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:06 PM   #43
Rock Crawler

I don't believe any of them were aware, but if any were it would've most likely been Glenn (asian guy). He was actually in the hay loft at one time. Makes you wonder if Otis was still around, would he have let it slip.
Devil Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:57 PM   #44
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
I love that it is set around the ATL area, that is the part of the country I grew up around.
I love the show.

I have stumbled upon the set locations more than once while shooting, but I was always too busy to stay very long.

Irone Singleton or Robert as I know him worked his way through high school & college at my buddies Subway over 10 years ago. I real life he is very funny.

I asked him about being a Zombie but I guess they used real actors and acting students for most of the parts.

On a crawling note...I tried to get into the quarry shown in season 1 to do some crawling, but didn't have any luck....so far

Last edited by Fishmaxx; 11-28-2011 at 11:04 PM.
Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:49 AM   #45
I wanna be Dave

So far I love the suspense of the show. Freaks my girl out for sure, she happened to look up at the well scene when the guy split in half and the rest of him flopped back down into the well.
Note to self: Don't snack or eat things when watching this show.
Krakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:58 AM   #46
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xFord View Post
The first series was sweet. This second one has taken a turn for the gore fans for sure. Full on eyeball stab shown on tv but I can't see boobies???? Anyways, AMC cut the budget and fired the head honcho behind the show, so I really hope it turns out well this season.
Not watching here...garbage show of nothing but pointless gore....and ya I can't see boobies but I can see this kinda trash on tv???
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 10:17 AM   #47
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue10 View Post
How should they have known?
somebody put her in there.... i think i also remember that the farm owner had told rick that the "poeple" in there were family of his (his wife & such) & close friends that he thought could be "saved" somehow.... i don't think she just happen to be in there by luck....
but the endin' diffenantly surprised me!!!
rc dreemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 10:39 AM   #48
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc dreemer View Post
somebody put her in there.... i think i also remember that the farm owner had told rick that the "poeple" in there were family of his (his wife & such) & close friends that he thought could be "saved" somehow.... i don't think she just happen to be in there by luck....
but the endin' diffenantly surprised me!!!
You're close. The family that owns the house put her in there, of course. But they had no idea who she was. The old man that owns the house didn't say they were "all" family and freinds, he said they were "mostly" family and friends. With that kind of humanitarian mindset, sure he'd want to "save" a young girl rather than leave her out in the woods or kill her.

And the asian guy didn't exactly take a detailed inventory of the zombies. He pretty much saw a dozen or more zombies, freaked out and ran. No problem not taking notice of the girl, if she was even in there at point. There was still a couple days before the ending.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:20 AM   #49
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue10 View Post
You're close. The family that owns the house put her in there, of course. But they had no idea who she was. The old man that owns the house didn't say they were "all" family and freinds, he said they were "mostly" family and friends. With that kind of humanitarian mindset, sure he'd want to "save" a young girl rather than leave her out in the woods or kill her.

And the asian guy didn't exactly take a detailed inventory of the zombies. He pretty much saw a dozen or more zombies, freaked out and ran. No problem not taking notice of the girl, if she was even in there at point. There was still a couple days before the ending.
According to the time line, she was already in there. Otis would have been the one to put her in the barn.
Crawl Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:11 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawl Wonder View Post
According to the time line, she was already in there. Otis would have been the one to put her in the barn.
EXACTLY...Hershel says to Rick that this used to be Otis' job...Otis took off with Shane and was killed before the rest of the group arived at the farm...and stated they were looking for the girl...they also discussed this on Talking Dead...

when that girl comes out of the barn as a zombie...that just killed me...
FloydfanYodaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:59 PM   #51
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawl Wonder View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydfanYodaman View Post
EXACTLY...Hershel says to Rick that this used to be Otis' job...Otis took off with Shane and was killed before the rest of the group arived at the farm...and stated they were looking for the girl...they also discussed this on Talking Dead...

when that girl comes out of the barn as a zombie...that just killed me...
Good point, and adds more to my point. Fills in the gaps in what I was trying to say.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:10 AM   #52
Pebble Pounder

Anyone notice that sick Suzuki Samurai at there base camp up in the woods? Ending of 1st season.
Pau Hana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:53 PM   #53
Rock Stacker

Yeah I have always wondered where that thing went off too! I also want that full sized Jeep!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
jacobfreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:25 AM   #54
Adilynsdad too!

Default Re: The Walking Dead

Only 3 weeks from Sunday until the new one comes on!

just sayin, whoop to the whoop whoop
braceysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:47 AM   #55
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieO View Post
The series is pretty good stuff, my only gripe is they have massively strayed from the comics......which is a much deeper story with a lot more twists and screwed up stuff. If you really like zombies, go buy the graphic novels and enjoy...

Later EddieO
They did stray from the comics a fair ways but after reading the comics I can see why. A lot of the stuff that happens in the comics likely would not make it past the censors onto TV. The comic really takes it to a whole new level of dark.
Spidubic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 01:58 PM   #56
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by braceysdad View Post
Only 3 weeks from Sunday until the new one comes on!

just sayin, whoop to the whoop whoop
Woot!!

That "preview" after the Hell on Wheels episode was a teaser and not a full preview like the commercials were advertising.

Can't wait for the return of TWD!!!!!
Crawl Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:30 PM   #57
I wanna be Dave

I'm not reading any of this thread until I get caught up, but holy shite this show is great. I think I'm up to episode 6 on season 2.
helhedded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:06 PM   #58
I wanna be Dave

While the comic is much darker, many of the things that would not of been able to go on TV could have been changed, but until the second season, none of the really unsuitable for tv stuff has happened. Dark doesn't really happen until they meet the governor, then it goes over the top.

Kirkman has been asked why they took a different path......wasn't so much the darkness of the content, but they felt this was a better story for tv people, along with costs.

While I love the show, my main gripe really is how different the zombies act.....speed, mobility, opening doors, climbing over fences, etc. The way the zombies move and such are BIG elements in the book, especially as you get farther into them.

Later EddieO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidubic View Post
They did stray from the comics a fair ways but after reading the comics I can see why. A lot of the stuff that happens in the comics likely would not make it past the censors onto TV. The comic really takes it to a whole new level of dark.
EddieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:06 AM   #59
Rock Crawler

Location: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy

great show last night...they said the rest of the season will be off and running at a high pace
DeweyCJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:16 AM   #60
I wanna be Dave

yea its good.......

so good that i have season1 complete on disk.......
and season2, up to E7..............................................
roksloski is offline   Reply With Quote