Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: For the guitar Fans

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2012, 04:02 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default For the guitar Fans

This is Taylor Build to Order that our local shop had done for the local Taylor Roadshow event. My wife saw it there and has not stopped bothering me until I agreed to buy it. It is a steel string Grand Concert 12 Fret with a slotted head and antique tuning machines. It has solid Macassar Ebony back and side, Sinker Redwood solid top. Mahogany neck and head stock which an Ebony facing and backing. Maple and ebony laminated binding, Bone nut and saddle, ebony bridge with "Cindy" inlay. The guitar is designed to draw all the attention to the wood so there is no neck inlay at all. It is very clean looking and looks a bit plain until you start looking at the body. Sound is amazing. If I played acoustics, this is the direction I would go.

Now for the eye candy

neillarson is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2012, 04:10 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: For the guitar Fans

That is pretty for sure. All I play now a days is my acoustic.
sally1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:17 PM   #3
RCC Addict

I was choking on the price even though we got 40% off list. But my wife just had shoulder reconstruction and has been pretty much locked in. Plus she doesn't ask for a lot, so it was one of those times that I had to just keep my mouth shut and do it for her. It was almost twice what I paid for my Taylor T3-B and 4 times what my American Standard Strat cost me.

It sounds great and it is a strummers guitar which is what she prefers.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:21 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

sweet acoustic, i bet it almost plays itself..anytime i play around with a taylor at the local music store they are amazing
vonclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:58 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

I would trade my 3 electrics for one of those. Beautiful.
PFC FNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:31 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Gorgeous
scorpion ax-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:38 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonclod View Post
sweet acoustic, i bet it almost plays itself..anytime i play around with a taylor at the local music store they are amazing
For sure. I really don't play acoustics much but my wife has a fair collection, but, one I do have is a Taylor GS Mini. Love the way it plays and sounds. Booming deep rich tones. My strummer is a 36 years old Takamine 12 string. If I ever decide to be serious about an acoustic, It will either be a Taylor GA BTO in Tropical Mahogany with an Engelmann Spruce top and Ebony arm relief and binding. Or a PS14ce in Cocobolo and Sitka Spruce.

I looked at the R. Taylors, but I really prefer the GA shape with Venetian Cutaway and arm relief which is a combo that they won't do at R. Taylor. But with retirement right around the corner, my days of spending a few thousand on a guitar are probably done.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:57 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFC FNG View Post
I would trade my 3 electrics for one of those. Beautiful.
Lol, that is sort of what she did. I told her she had to thin the herd, so she has her Taylor 214ce out on consignment at the shop we buy all of our guitars from. She also sold her Mahogany Baby Taylor and I listed a Ibanez AS73T and a G&L Tribute Legacy. That still leaves me 7 guitars and a mandolin and her 6 guitars. Ridiculous huh?

But every one needs an ES335 type (Taylor T3-B), a LP type (Taylor SB-CT), a Strat (American Special), A Fat Strat (a custom MIM with Lace Alumitones) and a Tele (MIM Standard). At least that is what I told her. As I am typing this she walked up and saw that I had the Taylor site up with the PS14ce on screen. And of course she wanted to know how much. I showed her the list price on the web site and we both had a good laugh. I even tried to tell her that since I will soon be an official senior citizen, I could call it my trophy wife. She didn't buy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion ax-10 View Post
Gorgeous
Thank you, it is isn't it? I only really have one pretty guitar, my Taylor T3-B in quilted maple with a clear finish. It has sapele sides, back and neck with an ebony fret board. .

Last edited by neillarson; 05-01-2012 at 07:42 AM.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:06 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

I don't have a clue how to play but wow that is very nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rc's suck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:33 AM   #10
RCC Addict

nice guitar!! i only play acoustic.. i have 3. my nicest one is blue but had a wood grain to it.. i play as much as possible which is a few times a week. i have to re-string my first guitar as its been a while... cant sing worth a shit but i can play decent.. got my first guitar for christmas a few years ago from my parents and they said that they would pay for the lessons but not right away so i taught myself how to play and then took whatever i learned to the lessons and built it from there.. i'd like to take more lessons when im not jobless and learn some more.
AX10wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:44 AM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AX10wannabe View Post
nice guitar!! i only play acoustic.. i have 3. my nicest one is blue but had a wood grain to it.. i play as much as possible which is a few times a week. i have to re-string my first guitar as its been a while... cant sing worth a shit but i can play decent.. got my first guitar for christmas a few years ago from my parents and they said that they would pay for the lessons but not right away so i taught myself how to play and then took whatever i learned to the lessons and built it from there.. i'd like to take more lessons when im not jobless and learn some more.
I really love the sound of a good acoustic guitar but my primary style is blues so the electric is right for me. Been doing a little folk and blue grass styled stuff and the 12 string and Mandolin really fit there.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:08 AM   #12
RCC Addict

im just building my arsenal of acoustics.. i'd like a few more.. i'll post a pic of my blue one today. i have a harmonica too that i'd like to learn how to play.. maybe take some lessons or something.. i play lots of country stuff like johnny cash, don mclean-american pie, john anderson-seminole wind, the animals-house of the rising sun and lots more. most of the songs i can play are a little "sloppy" so i've been working on playing a little more "clearer" because when you get sloppy it sounds terrible

my cousin plays acoustic and electric and is way better than i am!!
Old 05-01-2012, 10:27 AM   #13
RCC Addict

I would recommend keeping your eye out in independent music shops for erasable vintage guitars. You can build a nice collection of some quality stuff without ever hitting the Martin/Taylor price tag. My Tak is an F400 Pre-Lawsuit copy of the Martin D28 built in Japan in 1976. Beautiful woods and style and plays like it was new. I bought it for $260. I have seen older Seagulls (and newer ones), Normans, Art & Luthiers, Simon Patricks, Larrivees, Alverez Ariris and even some Gibsons at very reasonable cost. Most of your vintage stuff is going to be Dreads and GC shapes but still great buys.

Same goes for electrics. If you take your time and buy from reputable dealers, you will pay a little more but get authentic and mechanically sound guitars for a reasonable price, I bought a pristine 94 MIM Strat for $200. I also bought a new, never unwrapped 2006 Fender Tribute Pink Paisley Telecaster for $800.

Just don't be in a hurry and you will find some deals.

Last edited by neillarson; 06-17-2012 at 07:49 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:21 PM   #14
RCC Addict

here's a video of what my blue one sounds like. this is an old video so its got new strings on it they are about 3 months old but sounds the same.

Proud Mary - YouTube
Old 06-17-2012, 07:55 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Added a little more boom to the room.

Mesa/Boogie Transatlantic TA15 Head and TA19 Cab.

Amazing sound and 2 channel with Channel one being the classical English rock sound like an Orange and channel two being the American Rock sound with a Tweed (Fender NOS style) amd a surf rock sound from the 50s.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:13 PM   #16
Suck it up!

I always liked Mesas stuff. Very nice.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:19 PM   #17
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
I always liked Mesas stuff. Very nice.
Me too, but they have always been hard to get. the negative part about hand built in the USA. Of course that is the part that makes them so damn nice.s but with a hit

I keep my channel 2 set on Tweed and 5W for use with my Strats and channel 1 set on Vintage Rock at 15W. Hit the foot switch and it is like that old BASF comercial with the dudes hair blowing strat back. I have yet to try the 25W settings.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:50 PM   #18
MODERATOR™

Tubes I assume? Know what kind of tubes are in it?
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:54 PM   #19
RCC Addict

2XEL-84s in the final and 4X12AX7 in the PreAmp.
Old 06-17-2012, 09:01 PM   #20
MODERATOR™

Switch for single ended or push pull I assume? I've had a EL-84 stereo amp and it was pretty nice, more of a sold state sound I guess, and put out some power. Don't have it anymore.

Guess I could just Google all this... meh. Conversation.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote

For the guitar Fans - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For the Guitar Fans neillarson Chit Chat 14 12-24-2023 06:46 AM
Guitar BJoe Chit Chat 11 05-21-2008 03:12 PM
Guitar Rising for Real Guitar Heroes BUBBA069 Chit Chat 0 02-29-2008 07:42 PM
Guitar Hero 3 DirkDigler Chit Chat 33 10-24-2007 06:33 PM
guitar and airwolf fans inside STANG KILLA SS Chit Chat 4 10-08-2007 01:32 PM