Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Ghaaaaaaaaah, Freaking Jerk-Offs!!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2012, 11:42 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Ghaaaaaaaaah, Freaking Jerk-Offs!!!!!

Looks like the Damage was mainly to the chrome strip, which according to Mopar's website should cost less than $100 for a new one.
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2012, 03:45 AM   #22
Quarry Creeper

I found scratches like this on a recently resptayed Classic Mini, turned out to be my neighbours cat using it as a sun lounger. My neighbour was really good about it, her pet insurance had a bit of a barny but paid out eventually after a bit of a legal chat.

My Honda FRV has had every panel hit, bumped, scraped and gouged, and only one person had the decency to leave me a note after her daughter threw a tantrum and kicked my car, and the mark she left buffed straight out.

There's a thing called common decency that is severely lacking these days.
Tonysmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:21 AM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFC FNG View Post
Take it to a local body shop for an estimate, and ask the estimator if he can get it rubbed for $20 once he comes out to look at the car (ie no boss, etc around). My shop does stuff like that all the time, on the off chance someone would bring it back for future repairs.
I know a few places where I can get things... more than "rubbed" for $20!
And they come to my car too!
Bukwylde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:55 AM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJoe View Post
What pisses me off about this EeePee, is that a lot of the body and/or paint damage on the XJ I've owned for nearly 9 years, and the two Turbo Mopars I had before that were caused by other people in parking lots. I'm not kidding when I say that at least 90% of body damage on my Jeep that isn't just plain age or "environmental" has been received since June of '03 has happened in parking lots by people who can't keep their doors, carts, kids, ect under control or drag stuff bags or purses along the sides of the truck. I can understand things like damage caused be me being a dumbass, or wild critters, and the weather, but some ignorant or careless prick is a whole different thing.
QFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob1961 View Post
it is just a material thing in your life that will get marked up as time goes by, nothing you really can do bout it....if you don't want to get scratches and dings in a car you buy, just maybe you should think bout walking....much better for your health and you will be much more stress free cause you won't be worrying bout your car getting scratched up ........bob

so what you're saying is.. i should not drive a car, because other people are allowed to be shit bags?
monkeymagic9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:20 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Well, the adjuster came by while I was working yesterday to look at the car and called me with his $500+ estimate of the damage He found gouges in the bumper that myself or the bodyguy didn't see, so I went to look again for myself after getting off the phone with him. When I rinsed off the bumper and looked again, I found a couple dimples in the plastic that look like they could have come from the impact, but couldn't find any paint damage, or any damage remotely as bad as the chrome strip received. I took a few pics with my camera, just haven't had the chance to put them on the computer and down load them yet.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:37 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Here's the newest pics I've taken, the chrome strip is nearly FUBAR and will need replacement, the bumper damage isn't what the adjust made it sound like.....even if I wasn't on the hook because of it being a hit and run, I'm not sure if I'd worry about that damage.

The damage to the bumper cover.....in Macro

The chrome strip from below, also in Macro

Then here's all of the damage, with the damage to the bumper cover circled in red so it's noticeable, figured it was somewhat obvious with the chrome...........and in Macro yet again.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:44 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonysmini View Post
I found scratches like this on a recently resptayed Classic Mini, turned out to be my neighbours cat using it as a sun lounger. My neighbour was really good about it, her pet insurance had a bit of a barny but paid out eventually after a bit of a legal chat.

My Honda FRV has had every panel hit, bumped, scraped and gouged, and only one person had the decency to leave me a note after her daughter threw a tantrum and kicked my car, and the mark she left buffed straight out.

There's a thing called common decency that is severely lacking these days.
Dude, I would have shot the cat with a BB gun if it kept screwing up your paint.
Belfast is offline   Reply With Quote

Ghaaaaaaaaah, Freaking Jerk-Offs!!!!! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Duuuuuuuude is a jerk! ThinkTank Chit Chat 33 10-31-2011 09:13 AM
Carma is a jerk LR3 Chit Chat 81 07-26-2011 04:06 PM
Jerk Bastard fletch Axial AX-10 Scorpion 24 01-19-2009 10:54 AM