Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Ghaaaaaaaaah, Freaking Jerk-Offs!!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2012, 01:03 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Angry Ghaaaaaaaaah, Freaking Jerk-Offs!!!!!

I went to leave for work yesterday and found these scratches on the roof of my 200 about 6" in from bothe the windshield and drivers side roof edge!

I'm begining to think that somebody used my roof as a counter then slid what ever it was off the roof

It's not deep and can probably be buffed out, but pisses me off all the same. This car didn't even have 1200 miles on it when I found those scratches
BJoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2012, 01:06 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Ghaaaaaaaaah, Freaking Jerk-Offs!!!!!

Man that sucks. The way to tell if they can be buffed out is run your fingernail over the scratch and if it catches it cannot be buffed out. The one scratch looks a little deep to me but I am not sure.
TXJeeper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:10 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXJeeper1 View Post
Man that sucks. The way to tell if they can be buffed out is run your fingernail over the scratch and if it catches it cannot be buffed out. The one scratch looks a little deep to me but I am not sure.
I need to take a closer look, kind of afraid to so since I don't want make it worse with it needing a bath as bad as it does.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:11 PM   #4
MODERATOR™

For me the first scratch is the worst, then it's like, **** it.

We used to take our new crawler bodies, mount them on the truck, flip it over, and give it a spin. Just to get it over with.

That being said, it's just a car and it's meant to be driven, not shined up and looking all pretty perfect. Over the years thousands of things will do damage beyond your control. My grandfather spent hours on his car every week (possibly his solace, his comfort), but it was all for nothing, it was an endless cycle. And it was just a piece of shit Pontiac LeMans!

I do make sure to only put things on the glass of the sunroof.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:35 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

What pisses me off about this EeePee, is that a lot of the body and/or paint damage on the XJ I've owned for nearly 9 years, and the two Turbo Mopars I had before that were caused by other people in parking lots. I'm not kidding when I say that at least 90% of body damage on my Jeep that isn't just plain age or "environmental" has been received since June of '03 has happened in parking lots by people who can't keep their doors, carts, kids, ect under control or drag stuff bags or purses along the sides of the truck. I can understand things like damage caused be me being a dumbass, or wild critters, and the weather, but some ignorant or careless prick is a whole different thing.
Old 05-11-2012, 05:19 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

all my good looking cars/trucks ran like shit all my shit looking ones ran great so i don't worry bout what they look like any more .........bob

bob1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:27 PM   #7
MODERATOR™

No, I'm with ya, I hate everyone. I live just a bit north of THE Ohio State University and deal with dumb shits almost everywhere. Couple minutes that way I got 75,000 college kids. Couple minutes that way I got poor trash. Couple minutes that way I got fast paced soccer mom's. And I work out in the typical west side trash. I drive on the major freeway here every weekday for about 20 minutes each way in and out of the downtown area (cluster****, and it's under a revamping construction, so everything is ****ed and no one knows where they're going anymore) and can't contain myself from calling people dumb ****s about 20 times per trip. I hate people.

I used to park my car out there in left field. It still didn't matter. Scratches and dings from out of no where as if people were doing drive by door dings.

Within a month I got rear ended twice, one on each side. Minor bumper damage but did bend both huge rear quarter panels a bit. Gee thanks. Learn to look ahead and brake accordingly you tards!

Worst case is you get in a bad wreck and it's all over. These scratches are a minor event.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:04 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

The people around here have been driving me nuts on the road too. I live in a low income, largely Hispanic area and most of the drivers around here aren't too bad, but I work in an area with lots of money and I swear the more money and or better social standing some people have, the worse their driving is around here!
Old 05-11-2012, 06:23 PM   #9
MODERATOR™

Round hurrrr!! the good drivers are the illegals. Be it Mexicans or Somalians, but you can tell not legal, perfect 10 and 2, 64 mph and turn signals super way in advance. Trash drives like shit, no matter race or age. The fast paced busy people drive like shit too, seemingly taking liberty. Like, "I have shown you my turn signal one blink if you're lucky, and I'm already coming over even if there is not a safe distance, nor do I care about being considerate."

They're all asses, or as you said, jerk offs.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:31 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJoe View Post
The people around here have been driving me nuts on the road too. I live in a low income, largely Hispanic area and most of the drivers around here aren't too bad, but I work in an area with lots of money and I swear the more money and or better social standing some people have, the worse their driving is around here!
That's because the people in the poorer neighborhoods can't afford to get pulled over, and have to take care of their junk better.
4VRYNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:45 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Take it to a local body shop for an estimate, and ask the estimator if he can get it rubbed for $20 once he comes out to look at the car (ie no boss, etc around). My shop does stuff like that all the time, on the off chance someone would bring it back for future repairs.
PFC FNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:38 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFC FNG View Post
Take it to a local body shop for an estimate, and ask the estimator if he can get it rubbed for $20 once he comes out to look at the car (ie no boss, etc around). My shop does stuff like that all the time, on the off chance someone would bring it back for future repairs.
I got the paint protection plan, I just need to look and make sure it does cover this kind of crap. If not, I can always talk to a body guy I know or his uncle (who owns the shop) and see what they say.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:29 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4VRYNG View Post
That's because the people in the poorer neighborhoods can't afford to get pulled over, and have to take care of their junk better.
I must live on a different planet then, all the trash around my area figures they've got nothing to lose, so they might as well drive like an A-hole, drive and park how ever they feel, "where" ever they feel and then be a total public as$ when you point out to them what a douche they are.

I just laugh and point.

As for the scratches, that sux. If it were me and I seen them, I'd hope I was close enough to bump my as$ into their mirror and fubar it.
"Oops", "I'm sorry, I must be a total d!cK like you" Have a nice day.
Krakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 12:28 AM   #14
Rock Stacker

Quote:
I'm not kidding when I say that at least 90% of body damage on my Jeep that isn't just plain age or "environmental" has been received since April of '09 has happened in parking lots by people who can't keep their doors, carts, kids, ect under control or drag stuff bags or purses along the sides of the truck. I can understand things like damage caused be me being a dumbass, or wild critters, and the weather, but some ignorant or careless prick is a whole different thing.
+1
apart from a tremendous hailstorm that affected my car only two months after buying it ($ 2,400 repair cost in insurance), all the damage and scratches had been made by brainless with the shopping cart or leaving of a parking lot.
trucktrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:12 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Well, I can now officially top that one

Just got rear ended little over an hour ago and the SOB made a run for it while I was on the phone with 9-1-1

Right now this is the only obvious damage, I'm going to take it to a body guy I know tomorrow morning before work.......guess it's a good thing I got screwed on hours tomorrow after all.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:32 AM   #16
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Well, I can now officially top that one

Just got rear ended little over an hour ago and the SOB made a run for it while I was on the phone with 9-1-1

Right now this is the only obvious damage, I'm going to take it to a body guy I know tomorrow morning before work.......guess it's a good thing I got screwed on hours tomorrow after all.
Man your poor car. I think you have a target painted on your car or something. One time I was going to Ceader Point with my buddy and we got rear ended 2 times one way. Both were on the ramp of the turn pike. No damage but still 2 times in less than a hour and one time I was on the phone with my dad and he was able to hear the impact.
CantonAreaCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:47 AM   #17
Rock Crawler

During fire academy, my buddy would put his turnout jacket on the hood of my truck and I cringed at the metal clasps. One day I said, "Please put it in the bed. It's going to scratch up my hood." He was kind of resistant but abided by my rule anyway. I mean really? You're going to just chuck something with metal onto paint? Boggles me

The scratch you got doesn't look to be on purpose. Looks like it was accidental. Sucks, but like stated, the first scratch is always the worst
Armistice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:33 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave

it is just a material thing in your life that will get marked up as time goes by, nothing you really can do bout it....if you don't want to get scratches and dings in a car you buy, just maybe you should think bout walking....much better for your health and you will be much more stress free cause you won't be worrying bout your car getting scratched up ........bob

bob1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:44 AM   #19
RCC Addict

Quote:
I went to leave for work yesterday and found these scratches on the roof of my 200 about 6" in from bothe the windshield and drivers side roof edge!

I'm begining to think that somebody used my roof as a counter then slid what ever it was off the roof

It's not deep and can probably be buffed out, but pisses me off all the same. This car didn't even have 1200 miles on it when I found those scratches
Try having your car for only two weeks before a dumb bitc* backs up and takes out your quarter panel. Lol you got lucky
demonoid369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:49 AM   #20
Quarry Creeper

You guys got to be kidding me. "Its just a scratch" dont worry about it? HE DIDNT DO IT and some person that is irresponsible did. Driving your car and doing damage to it is one thing, somebody else doing the same damage is another. If the person that made the scratch in the OP's hood would have said, "hey sorry, how can I fix this?" I bet the OP would feel different. It would then become "just a scratch". I dont care if its my rock beaters, or my 1 ton (I take real good care of it), if your gonna walk around with your head in the dark place (up your hind end), then you need to be responsible enough to handle the consequences. But hey I guess thats where the country and its attitude is going right?

And for the record yes I have had doors fly open, out of my hands, cause of winds at a local grocery store parking lot and bang into another car. I waited for the person to show up, and I made it right by that person.
BLOODBANE is offline   Reply With Quote

Ghaaaaaaaaah, Freaking Jerk-Offs!!!!! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Duuuuuuuude is a jerk! ThinkTank Chit Chat 33 10-31-2011 09:13 AM
Carma is a jerk LR3 Chit Chat 81 07-26-2011 04:06 PM
Jerk Bastard fletch Axial AX-10 Scorpion 24 01-19-2009 10:54 AM