Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Legalize medical marijuana.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2012, 06:14 PM   #161
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Legalize medical marijuana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatwad View Post
Well hey you can annoy someone senseless into signing on the street if you wanna convince them to sign a petition
That's what my secondary plan is
93 FORD BRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2012, 06:16 PM   #162
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
...Who says God isn't a fan of the long, drawn out process? But I digress....often.
6 days isn't that long!
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:20 PM   #163
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatwad View Post
6 days isn't that long!
Kit builds always go faster than from-scratch builds.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:21 PM   #164
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Kit builds always go faster than from-scratch builds.
Amen.
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:27 PM   #165
Its a HARDKNOCKZ Life...

Quote:
All the proof I need...

how to lose an argument
DAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMN...Now THAT was funny.
HARDKNOCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:46 PM   #166
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARDKNOCKZ View Post
But what IS clear is that you are GROSSLY misinformed & I doubt most pot smokers would want YOU as their ambassador.
ctrwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:03 PM   #167
Quarry Creeper

On the way to a scale GTG...

Cheech and Chong: Up In Smoke - Classic Clip - YouTube
Cheatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:30 PM   #168
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93 FORD BRONCO View Post

Ok I'll just say this cause I don't want to be typing all night. I'll argue if I want, if I beleive I'm right then I have a legitimate reason to if you prove me wrong ill stop argueing. Unfortunately for you the arguement we are having now seems to be that I like to argue. And well I just don't see it that way. I'd much rather have a thread with no argueing but when people have opposing ideas it's inevitable. That's what online posting is for to get others opinions and to argue about whether one or the other person is right. So again I say proe me wrong and I'll be done. Otherwise I'm just gona keep argueing and argueing, and argueing , and argueing until one of us finally just says f**k it. That's just how I am.
So your saying you just don't when to shut up. Someday that is going to catch up with ya at a really wrong time.

Then, and only then, you will know when to shut up.

I am sure now we will have to see the long drawn out passive agressive "you don't know me and I don't know you" explanation that you do know when to shut up.
DUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:31 PM   #169
RCC Addict

Sorry guys, I had to jump in this to say something. This isn't the first thread from this guy I have read.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:20 AM   #170
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUDE View Post
So your saying you just don't when to shut up. Someday that is going to catch up with ya at a really wrong time.

Then, and only then, you will know when to shut up.

I am sure now we will have to see the long drawn out passive agressive "you don't know me and I don't know you" explanation that you do know when to shut up.
Well your right. You don't know me. In fact noone on here knows me. The closest you could get on these forums would be the guys I race online with. But all that is illrelevant
Old 09-11-2012, 01:00 AM   #171

Thumbs up Re: Legalize medical marijuana.

Quote:
And hold up. Are you calling me dumb because I smoke pot???? *There have been no studies EVER that show marijuana causes any sort of intelligence problems. Get cha facts straight bruh!

Really?

Wait for it....

Take a toke....

One more toke..........

Waitttttttt for it........

Really? None? Are you effected as the studies show? Or are you just are too lazy and close minded to know your opposing views?

I myself am neither for nor against, but I do find your ignorance of facts for a subject that you endlessly argue bewildering.

Young cannabis smokers likely to get stupid now and in the future and like forever man / Scrape TV - The World on your side

"Now a group of researchers in New Zealand believe they have found one more important argument to be made, presumably against the use of Cannabis, a study that shows use by young people can lower IQ. The study confirmed that use by young people can inhibit brain development and makes people real, real lazy so they don’t exercise what little they have, effects that will make them stupid which is of course just fine by the dope fiends themselves."

Study: Using Marijuana Can Make Teens Stupid – Permanently | How to Raise a Teenager

But brain development isn’t over when teenagers begin experimenting with these substances. And the PFC, the area involved in the sensitive window of development during adolescence, happens to be the area most critically involved in intelligence. If a teen becomes a regular user, the “stupidity” effects won’t last just a few days. Getting high or drunk can cause disruption of normal brain development during a time when the foundation for critical thinking is under construction.

The potential consequences for what might otherwise seem like harmless fun are enormous. The “stupidity” becomes permanent.

Teenage Marijuana Use May Hurt Future IQ

Results sound like surely a positive on the stupidity meter

In a study of more than 1,000 adolescents in New Zealand, those who began habitually smoking marijuana before age 18 showed an eight-point drop in IQ between the ages of 13 and 38, a considerable decline.
The average IQ is 100 points. A drop of eight points represents a fall from the 50th percentile to the 29th percentile in terms of intelligence.

Pot-smoking teens experience mental slippage as adults - latimes.com

As they approach their 40th birthdays, adults who smoked marijuana early and often in life face a higher likelihood of shearing off IQ points and performing more poorly on tests of reasoning, attention and memory than those who smoked pot less often, says a new study.
THX_138 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:08 AM   #172
Quarry Creeper

i guess a different way to look at it is that even if it does make your IQ lower, that's not cancer or a failed liver from smoking cigarettes and alcohol. i bet most people would rather be SLIGHTLY less intelligent and healthy than dying of cancer, yet it's perfectly legal to give yourself cancer but a slightly lower IQ is worse?? i wouldn't be making an argument at all if alcohol and cigarettes were outlawed, but we have to hold it to the same level as the other mind altering substances that are currently legal, and i think the side effects are quite minimal comparitively.

EDIT: i would argue that smoking pot at the age of 13 has more to do with the IQ drop than anything, and you can influence your IQ by studying and gaining knowledge, so since it makes you lazier that could explain a drop.
ohh EPiC FAiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:35 AM   #173
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX_138 View Post
Really? None? Are you effected as the studies show? Or are you just are too lazy and close minded to know your opposing views?

I myself am neither for nor against, but I do find your ignorance of facts for a subject that you endlessly argue bewildering.

Young cannabis smokers likely to get stupid now and in the future and like forever man / Scrape TV - The World on your side

"Now a group of researchers in New Zealand believe they have found one more important argument to be made, presumably against the use of Cannabis, a study that shows use by young people can lower IQ. The study confirmed that use by young people can inhibit brain development and makes people real, real lazy so they don’t exercise what little they have, effects that will make them stupid which is of course just fine by the dope fiends themselves."

Study: Using Marijuana Can Make Teens Stupid – Permanently | How to Raise a Teenager

But brain development isn’t over when teenagers begin experimenting with these substances. And the PFC, the area involved in the sensitive window of development during adolescence, happens to be the area most critically involved in intelligence. If a teen becomes a regular user, the “stupidity” effects won’t last just a few days. Getting high or drunk can cause disruption of normal brain development during a time when the foundation for critical thinking is under construction.

The potential consequences for what might otherwise seem like harmless fun are enormous. The “stupidity” becomes permanent.

Teenage Marijuana Use May Hurt Future IQ

Results sound like surely a positive on the stupidity meter

In a study of more than 1,000 adolescents in New Zealand, those who began habitually smoking marijuana before age 18 showed an eight-point drop in IQ between the ages of 13 and 38, a considerable decline.
The average IQ is 100 points. A drop of eight points represents a fall from the 50th percentile to the 29th percentile in terms of intelligence.

Pot-smoking teens experience mental slippage as adults - latimes.com

As they approach their 40th birthdays, adults who smoked marijuana early and often in life face a higher likelihood of shearing off IQ points and performing more poorly on tests of reasoning, attention and memory than those who smoked pot less often, says a new study.
thanks for the info. You learn somethin new everyday I guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohh EPiC FAiL View Post
i guess a different way to look at it is that even if it does make your IQ lower, that's not cancer or a failed liver from smoking cigarettes and alcohol. i bet most people would rather be SLIGHTLY less intelligent and healthy than dying of cancer, yet it's perfectly legal to give yourself cancer but a slightly lower IQ is worse?? i wouldn't be making an argument at all if alcohol and cigarettes were outlawed, but we have to hold it to the same level as the other mind altering substances that are currently legal, and i think the side effects are quite minimal comparitively.

EDIT: i would argue that smoking pot at the age of 13 has more to do with the IQ drop than anything, and you can influence your IQ by studying and gaining knowledge, so since it makes you lazier that could explain a drop.
You make a very good point. If smoking lower you iq you can always study up on some basic college level or whatever level courses and bring your iq back up. If you really care that much.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:22 AM   #174
RCC Addict

Quote:
I noone on here knows me.
Your working at it, your e personality so far is a mouthy brat kid that can't be told a damn thing.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:14 AM   #175

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohh EPiC FAiL View Post
I only quoted studies for teens, because I do believe he is a teen. Yet while doing a couple quick Google searches I am pretty sure studies on adults proved worse. Easily google-able if you want to check things out.

As for bettering an IQ by studying.... I may have read the studies wrong, but I think I read effects as permanent irreversible damages.

Like I aforementioned, I could care less one way or another and have always thought weed was harmless..... But I guess medical studies show different....

If they had a way to securely Tax it, it would be legal.
No different then prohibition times.... Once they figured a way to tax a large percentage of alcohol manufacturing & trafficking they legalized it.

THX_138 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:34 AM   #176
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX_138 View Post
I only quoted studies for teens, because I do believe he is a teen. Yet while doing a couple quick Google searches I am pretty sure studies on adults proved worse. Easily google-able if you want to check things out.

As for bettering an IQ by studying.... I may have read the studies wrong, but I think I read effects as permanent irreversible damages.

Like I aforementioned, I could care less one way or another and have always thought weed was harmless..... But I guess medical studies show different....

If they had a way to securely Tax it, it would be legal.
No different then prohibition times.... Once they figured a way to tax a large percentage of alcohol manufacturing & trafficking they legalized it.

oh i wasn't arguing with the evidence, i was just showing my thinking about it. when i said that studying can raise your IQ i wasn't saying that you can reverse the damage, i was saying that since weed makes you somewhat lazy you most likely wouldn't be as interested in gaining knowledge, therefore your IQ could drop from the lack of studying. even if the damage wasn't irreversible, i'm sure it'd be hard to bring it back up in any short time to make up for 25 years of smoking pot. i didn't read the study since i'm at work i'll check it out when i have more time to look at it, but i have a feeling it's about people who smoke quite a lot, which sounds like it'd get boring to be honest.
ohh EPiC FAiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:15 AM   #177
RCC Addict

Ok, where to start. I can't believe I am going to do this.

I am a former long time chronic smoker of pot. I am 50 years old and I smoked pot for 37 years. I have been clean for just over a year.

Pot will fawk you up in a few ways and can be abused to addiction.

The first and the most obvious is financially. I have always made good money, but I sure as hell don't have much to show for it. If I would of saved what I have spent on pot, I would be well beyond 6 figures easy in the bank. I know a lot of people who have smoked for a long time and they are more or less not as far in life as they should be if they probably of never touched the stuff.

Second, it will effect your health. It's no different than smoking cigarettes for what it does to your lungs. Smoke enough weed and you will be able to cough up big black gross crap. Your lungs will feel heavy like and you will develop a chronic cough.

You will get forgetful, not like full on retard, but thinks do slip your mind. You will also develop a handicapped learning curve. It will slow you down on learning new things. Even things that you have done a hundred times and haven't done for awhile, you seem to have to really think about how to do it again when you really shouldn't.

Third, as I mentioned in my opening statement. You CAN get addicted if you do it long enough. When I got out of school and out of my parents house, is when I would smoke all the time. IF I ran out, I would crave it and had to get me some more weed. As the years went by, it became routine. You don't even notice what you are doing to yourself until it's too late. So a good time moderation has the potential to go further you would ever want.

This is the part that you will rarely or ever hear about. As time goes buy and you smoke like I did, you build up a tolerance like you can never imagine. This is the thing that does take a long time, but if you keep it up you will get there.

As the tolerance builds up, so does your consummation. I can say that when I knew I was really going over the deep end was when I could smoke an ounce of high grade northwest weed that would knock out a rookie in one toke in about 10 days, then I would buy another ounce and so on. When I was smoking that much, I would wake up in the morning coughing to the point I would throw up. Thats when I knew I was messed up.

Now here is the good part. Smoking weed for a long time can change your chemistry make up in your brain. We will get to that in a bit.

When I quit smoking, I did it on my own. I went through withdrawals like I was on some hard core stuff. I couldn't sleep, I was nauseous, getting sick, and I had bad headaches and gut aches. When that was all over I was feeling pretty good after about three weeks.

Now I will get to the bizarre part. I had to go see a doctor because I was having some issues with everyday life. They did tests and I even had an MRI done. There was brain damage from the all the dope I smoked in my life.

There are these cool image scans with colors that they can see whats going on in there and compare it with a normal brain function. The doctors determined that the long term use of pot stimulating the cannabinoid receptors in my brain has altered the chemical make up of my brain into something different that they really don't know too much about yet. What it did to me is cause me to develop a depression problem mainly, borderline to being bipolar.

Now before you all go off on what the doctors came up with. There was also an extensive interview with my family on what my behavior was before all this happened. They determined that I was as normal as you could of been prior to all of the crap I did to myself with the long term use of marijuana.

The doctors really did a lot with me because I was a rare case, I didn't drink much at all and most of the people who have done what I did usually die from multiple substance abuses and they never get to study a case like I wound up being. I basically am a rare survivor of this type of thing with a history of long time chronic use of marijuana with no other abuse of anything else.

So now a little over a year of being sober. I have been better off on a few things but worse off in the long run. Now I get to take medication so I can get through the week without wanting to do something really stupid or harm to myself from getting to depressed.

I still forget little stuff and I still don't catch on to things like I remember I did when I was younger. I do still want to get stoned once in awhile but I don't.

So, the thing with marijuana is, it will get you. It just takes longer than any other thing out there. I also voted no, probable because I know how this can be abused to a point I would not want to see happen to anybody.

If your terminally ill, such as a cancer/aids patient. You should be able to get prescribed marijuana, not a lame ass card saying you can get some. It should be done through a doctor, not a damn dispensary like they are doing now.

The "pain" thing cracks me up too. I was injured once really bad in a motor cycle accident and no matter how much dope I smoked, there was still a good amount of pain that it wasn't doing anything. The cure for that was dilaudid, and it worked good.

Edit: As far as work, there where no piss tests back in the day. At the company I worked at, I have been there for a very long time before they started that. I have never had to do a piss test for a job in my life. Now I don't work there anymore, that's another story.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:48 AM   #178
RCC Addict

This is not directed at anyone in particular just my thoughts after reading all the posts.

I would just like to say that even with the study's done I feel like yall are lumping all into the same basket. Many factors are at play here like with anything. Age of when a user started plays a large roll I feel. The amount used and self control have to be taken into consideration as well. Also let's not forget everyone's chemical make up is not the same.

Being in this world and interacting with people during my life be it in traffic, the grocery store or at work ect. I have come to the conclusion most people are just plain dumb. Pot users for the most part also dumb. ( majority rules. Lot of dumb regular people means the odds of a smoker being dumb are pretty good. )

I feel like the op is passionate about this subject and that is fine. The problem arises when misinformation and back and fourth bickering lead this topic nowhere. Op if you truly care about this like you say please do some research of your own before going to the public with your nonsense.

As far as being a pot user and going nowhere in life. Also Untrue. Who's to say pot was what stopped them? It could have helped but there are just to many factors. Maybe they were destine to be a ( insert crappy job/ living situation ) from the start with no use of mj. Just my .02
ctrwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:25 AM   #179
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
If smoking lower you iq you can always study up on some basic college level or whatever level courses and bring your iq back up.
You apparently dont know how the Intelligence Quotient test is administered or scored...
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:29 AM   #180
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
You apparently dont know how the Intelligence Quotient test is administered or scored...
Its becoming apparent that he doesn't know many things.

And on that note, screw weed, I want me some IQ! Tell me where daddy can score a hit....
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote

Legalize medical marijuana. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bid to legalize marijuana in California takes key step jammin311 Chit Chat 147 02-04-2010 11:05 AM
Legalize Marijuana in CO jammin311 Chit Chat 19 11-04-2009 01:59 PM
Legalize it or not? xxizzer421xx Chit Chat 101 08-03-2007 11:02 AM
New Medical Treatment JasonInAugusta Chit Chat 12 03-02-2006 07:31 PM