Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Sellers who don't want to wait for their money in the classifieds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2012, 09:23 AM   #21
Fan of wheelspeed

Default Re: Sellers who don't want to wait for their money in the classifieds

I could "like" a few of these posts, but Ill just speak up. The issue is that a seller gets drug along for a day or so, while other people who are ready and willing are put on hold. Ive held items for a day only to have the buyer back out. Then the next couple of guys in line already bought from someone else and Im left holding the item for another day or so. If you claim a item, life or not, I feel that you should pay within a hour or so of claiming the item. Its only fair to everyone that way. If Im buying, Ill send the PM, wait (if they're online) and then shoot the payment over. Im not going to expect someone to make everyones else wait in line just because I have to run to the grocery store, etc. Ive lost out on deals due to having kids, life, work...its just how the dice landed. No harm, no foul. I just kept a eye out and bought the next item listed and made sure I could follow thru quickly that time.
Hoosierdady is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2012, 09:26 AM   #22
RCC Addict

It isn't yours until you pay for it, end of story.

Like Duuuuuuude said, the FS section is mostly an online garage sale.

There are plenty of things I see day in and day out which are a great deal yet I don't have the money for. Would be awesome if I did, but I don't. I realize the first cat who does have the money will own said item. I have probably missed more sales of things on here than I have ever bought because someone else beat me to it. No the sellers fault, not the buyers fault, not my fault, just life.

In the end, it's a hobby, not a one time miracle cure for Grandma's stage 4 colon cancer being sold on here.
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:41 PM   #23
RCC Addict

How about the sellers that don't respond to PM's inquiring about purchasing the item, and don't mark the item sold? That's odd to me. If the seller has sold it, say so, either through PM or on the ad.
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:00 PM   #24
06 Super National Champ

When I bought Fat Girl from Jester666, he sent me tracking info BEFORE he gave me his paypal address.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:24 PM   #25
RCC Addict

I agree that communication is the key to a good transaction but there may be issues or things beyond some buyers or sellers control.

EX: I work in a State Prison where its a Third Degree Felony to bring in a cell phone. So that's a no go for me from 6:45am to 4:00pm. We have computer access but not to rccrawler.com. So i might pm a seller at 6am but won't be able to respond until 4. It has nothing to do with "how bad do I want the part" its just not possible for me. So hopefully some sellers and buyers see it this way and that some can't have rccrawler on 24/7.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note (Phablet)
AsILayDying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:34 PM   #26
RCC Addict

I think the sellers have the right to conduct thier buisness as they see fit within the rules. Each individual should have the ability to work @ thier own speed. Many of us have lives & there are many different speeds & priority levels going on. I have given up on the Classifieds on here because I am just to slow & old fashioned for all the high speed post & buy.
Dostradamas is offline   Reply With Quote

Sellers who don't want to wait for their money in the classifieds - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sellers, why...? TattooKenny Chit Chat 30 11-26-2010 09:27 AM