RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/)
-   -   Fwck gun control (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/418011-fwck-gun-control.html)

ROCKEDUP RICKY 12-16-2012 09:56 AM

Fwck gun control

I think it is just stuid to think that gun control is going to stop people from doing Crazy stuff.

I think we need to take all the energy we are putting into gun control and focus on.

Mental Health

If all these shooter had some mental health, they might not of done what they have done.

Just my opinion, don't shoot me.

Duuuuuuuude 12-16-2012 10:04 AM

Re: Fwck gun control

I agree 100%. I'm for better gun control, though that doesn't necessarily mean more...

Mental health goes under the radar so much its (no pun intended) crazy. Mix that with irresponsible gun owners and you'll get what we had this week...a mass killing and a horrible tragedy.

microgoat 12-16-2012 10:05 AM

How do you spot the crazies until they do something crazy?

Duuuuuuuude 12-16-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by microgoat (Post 4070766)

If they are a family member, you have to be smart enough yourself to have their behavioral issues properly checked. Even moreso if you keep guns in the house.

I've seen and lived with full tilt batshit crazy. It will scare the bejeezus out of you.

If this kid did in fact have Aspergers, and his parents knew it, and did nothing about it, then they are ultimately responsible for this current mess.

cavie98 12-16-2012 10:10 AM

Agreed!!!! I think there is alot more to this than the guns. If someone wants to kill another person, they are going to find a way with whatever weapon is available.

Most people that I've talked to about this aren't realizing that he is under the legal age to buy a handgun, so it was obtained illegally.

I know there is a lot of problems with people out there today and that is where we need to focus.

Don't get me wrong, I think this is a tragedy in all accounts. I pray for those involved and wish them all healing.

FOCUSING on the problem is the key, not gun control.

CREEPERBOB 12-16-2012 10:12 AM

I'm crazy :shock:, I have guns :mrgreen:,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,"I DO NOT" want to shoot anyone :roll:.
Hell, it tears me up to kill a injured animal.

As long as we keep telling the wack jobs "It's not your fault" and make excuses for them they will continue to nut up.

My guns do not ever say "Lets kill someone".

ROCKEDUP RICKY 12-16-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by microgoat (Post 4070766)

Thats where we need to focus, how to spot them. We need to teach how to read the signs. They are there, but most can't read them. That where our energy needs to go. In most of these cases at some point the shooters were reaching out, but no one saw the signs.

Duuuuuuuude 12-16-2012 10:14 AM

My wife is all about banning semi-automatic weapons and assault rifles. You should have seen her face when I told her how many AR-15's I had had in my hands this week. :ror:

CREEPERBOB 12-16-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude (Post 4070788)
My wife is all about banning semi-automatic weapons and assault rifles. You should have seen her face when I told her how many AR-15's I had had in my hands this week. :ror:

Thats funny, my wife is always asking, "do we have enough money for some more ammo?"

ROCKEDUP RICKY 12-16-2012 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CREEPERBOB (Post 4070782)
I'm crazy :shock:, I have guns :mrgreen:,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,"I DO NOT" want to shoot anyone :roll:.
Hell, it tears me up to kill a injured animal.

As long as we keep telling the wack jobs "It's not your fault" and make excuses for them they will continue to nut up.

My guns do not ever say "Lets kill someone".

Everyone needs to be responsible for their actions, crazy or not.

ROCKEDUP RICKY 12-16-2012 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude (Post 4070788)

Banning guns will only make it where the crooks will have the banned gun.

Duuuuuuuude 12-16-2012 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CREEPERBOB (Post 4070791)
Thats funny, my wife is always asking, "do we have enough money for some more ammo?"

My wife was shot in a driveby one month before the day we were married. I completely understand her stance on auto and semi-auto weapons. But I also know that guns don't shoot themselves, somebody has to be there to operate them. She just won't let that bit of rational seep into her head.

CREEPERBOB 12-16-2012 10:22 AM

My ex was shot in a drive by in '86,,,,,,,,, she has a conceal carry.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude (Post 4070800)
My wife was shot in a driveby one month before the day we were married. I completely understand her stance on auto and semi-auto weapons. But I also know that guns don't shoot themselves, somebody has to be there to operate them. She just won't let that bit of rational seep into her head.

SmokeeJay 12-16-2012 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CREEPERBOB (Post 4070803)

My wife has been talking more and more about getting a gun and permit."thumbsup"

Duuuuuuuude 12-16-2012 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CREEPERBOB (Post 4070803)

Mine watches too much msnbc. :ror:

Last year for Christmas she bought me a nice H&K replica airsoft pistol. I thought that was a very big step for her and it was a genuine surprise.

John 12-16-2012 10:30 AM

Maybe we should take a closer look at Japan's gun control policy.

Almost no one in Japan owns a gun. Most kinds are illegal, with onerous restrictions on buying and maintaining the few that are allowed. Even the country's infamous, mafia-like Yakuza tend to forgo guns; the few exceptions tend to become big national news stories.

The only guns that Japanese citizens can legally buy and use are shotguns and air rifles, and it's not easy to do.

In 2008, the U.S. had over 12 thousand firearm-related homicides. All of Japan experienced only 11, fewer than were killed at the Aurora shooting alone.

Handguns are forbidden absolutely. Small-caliber rifles have been illegal to buy, sell, or transfer since 1971. Anyone who owned a rifle before then is allowed to keep it, but their heirs are required to turn it over to the police once the owner dies.

OK let the bashing begin.

CREEPERBOB 12-16-2012 10:33 AM

This is why I love America "thumbsup".

Quote:

Originally Posted by John (Post 4070810)

Almost no one in Japan owns a gun. Most kinds are illegal, with onerous restrictions on buying and maintaining the few that are allowed. Even the country's infamous, mafia-like Yakuza tend to forgo guns; the few exceptions tend to become big national news stories.

The only guns that Japanese citizens can legally buy and use are shotguns and air rifles, and it's not easy to do.

In 2008, the U.S. had over 12 thousand firearm-related homicides. All of Japan experienced only 11, fewer than were killed at the Aurora shooting alone.

Handguns are forbidden absolutely. Small-caliber rifles have been illegal to buy, sell, or transfer since 1971. Anyone who owned a rifle before then is allowed to keep it, but their heirs are required to turn it over to the police once the owner dies.

Yes, of cousre someone could do damage with knives and other weapons. Just throwing it out there for discussion.

JeremyH 12-16-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude (Post 4070773)
If this kid did in fact have Aspergers, and his parents knew it, and did nothing about it, then they are ultimately responsible for this current mess.

Aspergers is not to blame for this...it is merely a mild form of Autism....and can be described as mild social awkwardness...some would say the person is simply "shy". I have a family member that has been diagnosed with Aspergers and the diagnosing and family counseling parts are what my wife does for a living.

JeremyH 12-16-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROCKEDUP RICKY (Post 4070783)
Thats where we need to focus, how to spot them. We need to teach how to read the signs. They are there, but most can't read them. That where our energy needs to go. In most of these cases at some point the shooters were reaching out, but no one saw the signs.

There are people out there who know how to read those signs, but unfortunately, a lot of times, their hands are tied as to what can be done. What citizen would voluntarily give up their constitutional right to freedom because we are scared that they might do something crazy in the future?

microgoat 12-16-2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROCKEDUP RICKY (Post 4070795)
Everyone needs to be responsible for their actions, crazy or not.

Yeah, right. It's 2012, that shit won't fly. Whatever you or I do, it's somebody else's fault.

Quote:

Originally Posted by John (Post 4070810)

All that does is create a black market, and drive prices up. Somebody flips their shit, you think they're going to worry about doing it legally?