Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: a question for Anti-Gun people

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2013, 04:41 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default a question for Anti-Gun people

Please tell me why you are against legal gun ownership.

We all know why we should own guns, I want to hear the other point of view.
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2013, 04:47 PM   #2
Scale Detail Engineering

Default Re: a question for Anti-Gun people

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetboat View Post

I don't recall one person on this forum ever saying we should not legally own guns.
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:47 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Guns are bad, Mmkay
jcboof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:36 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post
I don't recall one person on this forum ever saying we should not legally own guns.
I don't think that is what he is asking. He's taking the illegal argument out of it.
I myself don't own any guns, but am not against them in any way.
Jeckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:37 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post
my thoughts exactly, im pretty sure most people here are avid gun owners/collectors and that they definatly arent for gun control.

if you think about it, you could use this forum as a way to see what america is thinking. since people here are from all over the country and even the world its a good way to tell what the country is thinking. from what ive seen theres very few people who are actually for gun control. comparatively speaking. anyone care to guess the pro/con ratio? i say 80/20
93 FORD BRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:49 PM   #6
Suck it up!

Quote:

1. We don't need them.
2. They cause nothing but trouble.
3. Killing animals is bad anyway...

That's the top three I've heard.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:06 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

I dont have any yet but is it like rc cars??? i started off having one rc like two years ago...now i own 20...if so im in trouble!!
briang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:10 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by briang View Post
I dont have any yet but is it like rc cars??? i started off having one rc like two years ago...now i own 20...if so im in trouble!!
i own 1, the very same day i brought my mosin home i went online to see what i wanted next.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:13 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
depends on how much you like them. Some friends of mine have over 40 guns in their collection. It is their passion. I bought a gun 20 years ago and that's the only one I own.
Skeeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:15 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeno View Post
depends on how much you like them. Some friends of mine have over 40 guns in their collection. It is their passion. I bought a gun 20 years ago and that's the only one I own.
i really really hope i dont like them that much....i would have to sell off my rc collection to fund it...dont want to do that..
briang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:17 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
1. We don't need them.
2. They cause nothing but trouble.
3. Killing animals is bad anyway...

That's the top three I've heard.
This is the reason there is no real danger of guns being banned. There is no real good reason why yet. I think most of the paranoia comes from the gun lobby itself...creates work for the lobbyists and makes record profits for gun dealers. Win-win
Old 01-11-2013, 06:21 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Quote:
i really really hope i dont like them that much....i would have to sell off my rc collection to fund it...dont want to do that..
in my opinion its not the guns that hurt your bank account. its the ammo... especially with the rising cost of it.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:25 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

When guns are outlawed, Outlaws will still have guns!
greencrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:26 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93 FORD BRONCO View Post
in my opinion its not the guns that hurt your bank account. its the ammo... especially with the rising cost of it.
Speaking of profits. A friend of mine works at a national sporting retailer. He said there was a line of customers that ran to the gun dept the day their shipment comes in. He can buy the box of 500 for $120. They were selling for $800. Quite a markup.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:28 PM   #15
RCC Addict

I'm not anti-gun in any way. I've owned guns before (both hunting and "fun" guns) but I don't own any now, mostly because I have young children in the home. I made a decision to remove them from the home until they're older and more responsible. I always get the "if you teach them right they won't mess with them" argument, but I know how I was when I was a kid, and no amount of teaching/training will make me 100% sure that they are obeying.

I am against the pro-gun crazies that don't want their right to bear arms taken away, but are completely happy to take people's right of privacy away by making mental health records public knowledge. I've heard this argument over and over since the Sandy Hook incident. Mental illness needs to be addressed in this country to reduce the stigma associated with it so people are willing to take the needed action to get help. Making it public knowledge is NOT the way to do it. I'm also against the pro-gun crazies that have to walk down Main Street with a fully tricked out AR-15 strapped to their back, because they feel the need to flex their 2nd amendment right. Whether the gun fanatics like it or not, a lot of people are very intimidated by that type of action and it doesn't help their cause.

Moderation is needed from both sides, but neither side is willing to be moderate in any way, so we're stuck in the predicament that we're in now...
killswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:40 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

well this went down hill in a hurry... yes, I said "legal" because no one should Illegally purchase or posses a gun of any type. I can list off 100+ reasons for gun ownership but not 1 for having no gun ownership. Therefore, I was hoping someone could give me at least 1 good reason besides "they are evil". I feel you cant understand something if you don't look at both sides of the debate.

When I watch the news, I see the Head of the Chicago PD spouting off his agenda. Every time he is on, he has more and more miss information. Yesterday, he was holding a full Auto Uzi talking about how they need to "close the gun show loop hole" to get them off the street. As we all know, a full auto Uzi is extremely hard and expensive to own. I cant go to ANY gun store in this state and buy one. Also, the "Gun show loophole" was closed years ago in this state. He also stated that "a 7.62x39mm bullet can go straight thru a cars engine block". To me it feels like he is getting his "facts" from movies and TV and I half think most "Anit-gunners" are that way from miss information that is being perpetuated. Instead of fighting with people, those of us that are "pro-gun" need to start educating. In some cases we may need to educate the law enforcement official on the Laws, some times we may need to educate people what a gun really can and cant do.
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:53 PM   #17
Suck it up!

Quote:
well this went down hill in a hurry... yes, I said "legal" because no one should Illegally purchase or posses a gun of any type. I can list off 100+ reasons for gun ownership but not 1 for having no gun ownership. Therefore, I was hoping someone could give me at least 1 good reason besides "they are evil". I feel you cant understand something if you don't look at both sides of the debate.

When I watch the news, I see the Head of the Chicago PD spouting off his agenda. Every time he is on, he has more and more miss information. Yesterday, he was holding a full Auto Uzi talking about how they need to "close the gun show loop hole" to get them off the street. As we all know, a full auto Uzi is extremely hard and expensive to own. I cant go to ANY gun store in this state and buy one. Also, the "Gun show loophole" was closed years ago in this state. He also stated that "a 7.62x39mm bullet can go straight thru a cars engine block". To me it feels like he is getting his "facts" from movies and TV and I half think most "Anit-gunners" are that way from miss information that is being perpetuated. Instead of fighting with people, those of us that are "pro-gun" need to start educating. In some cases we may need to educate the law enforcement official on the Laws, some times we may need to educate people what a gun really can and cant do.
The only real reason I could see for banning guns is because of irresponsibility on the part of some owners, and because of the crimes committed by those that acquire them illegally. That is hardly enough reason for a countrywide ban though...

I also find it a bit ridiculous that I can buy a gun with absolutely no training whatsoever.

Both sides stretch the truth to their beniefit, and yes, the level headed moderates seem to be in short supply, but then again, moderates aren't overly dramatic and don't receive a whole lot of attention.

Really what a lot of this comes down to IMO is responsibility and education. We seem to be lacking either.

Last edited by Duuuuuuuude; 01-11-2013 at 06:57 PM.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:57 PM   #18
RCC Addict

Quote:
Instead of fighting with people, those of us that are "pro-gun" need to start educating. In some cases we may need to educate the law enforcement official on the Laws, some times we may need to educate people what a gun really can and cant do.
This is exactly what I'm talking about when I speak about moderation from the pro gun side. Best idea I've heard yet.
killswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:02 PM   #19
RCC Addict

Banning guns is a kneejerk reaction of helicopter parents who feel the need to ban anything that they deem dangerous.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:03 PM   #20
Scale Detail Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeno View Post
helicopter parents .

that is awesome, I've never heard that term but I know exactly who you're talking about!
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote

a question for Anti-Gun people - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anti-Gun ObamaCare Health Plan... JeepinOR Chit Chat 26 12-22-2009 04:50 PM
anti squat question yoda316 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 4 07-07-2009 10:05 PM
A question for you gun guys? nascarkeith Chit Chat 7 02-03-2009 11:40 AM
Anti gun companys.And ALOT of em' syco133 Chit Chat 6 01-06-2007 09:22 PM