Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Help crawler and pick up stolen!! milwaukee

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2013, 08:33 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Help crawler and pick up stolen!! milwaukee

My silverado was stolen last night and my scx10 was in the back seat if anyone sees either please let me know asap thanks.
It was a 1999 silverado with 3in lift and 33in cooper stts

And a scx10 with 2.2 flat irons, rc4wd beadlocks, rc4wd winch, arb trex60 axles, and chevy blazer cgr body (orange)

Edit: wasnt sure where to put this. Please move if need be I just want as many ppl to see this as possible

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using tapatalk 2

Last edited by oscodawave; 06-02-2013 at 08:37 PM.
oscodawave is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2013, 09:04 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Help crawler snd pick up stolen!! milwaukee

sorry to hear that and both are nice trucks.
Were there any security cameras around from where it got stolen?
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:38 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings_of_fire View Post
sorry to hear that and both are nice trucks.
Were there any security cameras around from where it got stolen?
Thank you i try take alot of care of my stuff so it stays nice. Not sure it was parked between a elementary school and a high school I'm milwaukee downtown area. Nice area surprised this happened Hopefully the police find it, I offered a couple hobby shoos a rewsrd for finding at least my rc and will gladdy do the same for anyone on here should it turn up somewhere...

Old 06-02-2013, 10:07 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Milwakee WI? i assume....

i see you're from mid MI. I'm in West MI and will be keeping an eye out.
scorpion ax-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:12 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

yes it was stolen in downtown milwaukee wisconsin, on the corner of cass and ogden st.

but anyone anywhere please keep an eye out on cl and ebay for my stuff.
Old 06-02-2013, 10:19 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscodawave View Post
finding at least my rc
Don`t give up on the Silverado either
Can the Silverado be covered under comprehensive insurance ?
Old 06-03-2013, 01:55 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

everything should be covered under insurance both the silverado my rc trucks and everything else in and on my truck. but idk just want it back but at the same time i could never look t the truck the same.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:07 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
everything should be covered under insurance both the silverado my rc trucks and everything else in and on my truck. but idk just want it back but at the same time i could never look t the truck the same.
What insurance company? When I was with State Farm they refused to cover any contents when my truck was stolen. I lost a bunch of good tools and got nothing for them.
GrimJeeper91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:13 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

Posted a link to this thread with some basic info in the regional section for Wisconsin. Hope it helps!
Propane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:30 AM   #10

Quote:

Huh?....

THX_138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:22 AM   #11

I'll keep an eye out and pass the info along on a local Milwaukee car forum.

Nexus 7 using the force.
Mudd Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:03 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimJeeper91 View Post
What insurance company? When I was with State Farm they refused to cover any contents when my truck was stolen. I lost a bunch of good tools and got nothing for them.

its a small insurance company from back home in Michigan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propane View Post
Posted a link to this thread with some basic info in the regional section for Wisconsin. Hope it helps!

thanks i appreciate it alot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudd Runner View Post
I'll keep an eye out and pass the info along on a local Milwaukee car forum.

Nexus 7 using the force.
Thanks man much appreciated!

Last edited by oscodawave; 06-03-2013 at 09:38 PM.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:08 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Hate to say it but, if the truck hasnt been recovered by now, its either stripped or dumped.

Check your local CL and pawn shops for the crawler. If you find it at a pawn shop, tell them its yours and was stolen and call the officer on your police report (from the shop). Let them recover it for you.If you find it on cl, just let the police recover it... DO NOT try to get it yourself.
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:55 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetboat View Post
Hate to say it but, if the truck hasnt been recovered by now, its either stripped or dumped.

Check your local CL and pawn shops for the crawler. If you find it at a pawn shop, tell them its yours
Either the robber or pawn shop owner is getting addicted to crawling.
Old 06-05-2013, 03:26 AM   #15
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetboat View Post

not always the case. a friend of mine once had a Z71 stole out of his garage at his car lot. police report was filed, and the insurance covered it. then, almost a year later, it was found abandoned at an apartment complex 3 states away. the insurance company recovered it and give my friend the opportunity to buy it back, which he did. even at a lower price than what they had paid him for it when it was stole.

just saying, have faith and hope. that is if you want it back.
FATBOYrs10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 03:37 AM   #16
RCC Addict

Quote:
i could never look at the truck the same.

WTF???? it's not like they ran off with your wife and made her do things you wouldn't ask her to do. I mean, I know what you're saying, but I have 7 vehicles-both old and new. and if any of them were stolen, I would want them back, even if they were totaled. they can be fixed! if it's found, give it a good bath, fix whatever may be wrong with it, and go on like nothing ever happened.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:41 AM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATBOYrs10 View Post
WTF???? it's not like they ran off with your wife and made her do things you wouldn't ask her to do. I mean, I know what you're saying, but I have 7 vehicles-both old and new. and if any of them were stolen, I would want them back, even if they were totaled. they can be fixed! if it's found, give it a good bath, fix whatever may be wrong with it, and go on like nothing ever happened.
I see what he's saying - the kind of people who steal cars don't generally steal them to put a coat of wax on them and cruise around. Even if he gets it back in one piece, he wouldn't know if the thieves bounced it off the rev limiter or neutral dropped it a few hundred times (stuff that could cause issues a few thousand miles down the road). At that point it's like buying a car from a really shady dude.
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:03 AM   #18
RCC Addict

Default Re: Help crawler and pick up stolen!! milwaukee

but it's a vehicle, it can be fixed. it's not like it would be mentally challenged/disturbed the rest of it's life
Old 06-05-2013, 09:06 AM   #19
Rock Crawler

I'm with the OP, i have never had a car stolen, but i have had them broken into before, and it's just creepy to go in there knowing someone else was in it, and not knowing what they did to it, if i had a car stolen, i would not want it back, you never know what they did in/to the vehicle... they could have joy ridden, or jumped it, or ran it dry of fluids or whatever other things that you may not notice until it's too late (got the car back and cancelled or finished the insurance claim)... i'd rather just go get another vehicle that had a less lieklyhood of being abused/violated.

And if it was damaged, a "fixed" vehicle is never the same as it was before, especially if it's something major like a motor/tranny or frame issue..

also, for the insurance issue, i don't know if it's the same down there, but here in alberta, the contents of your vehicle should be covered under your home contents insurance, not your vehicle insurance, the vehicle insurance only coveres the vehicle itself, not the contents.

Last edited by T3rry; 06-05-2013 at 09:10 AM.
T3rry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:26 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rry View Post
I'm with the OP, i have never had a car stolen, but i have had them broken into before, and it's just creepy to go in there knowing someone else was in it, and not knowing what they did to it, if i had a car stolen, i would not want it back, you never know what they did in/to the vehicle... they could have joy ridden, or jumped it, or ran it dry of fluids or whatever other things that you may not notice until it's too late (got the car back and cancelled or finished the insurance claim)... i'd rather just go get another vehicle that had a less lieklyhood of being abused/violated.

And if it was damaged, a "fixed" vehicle is never the same as it was before, especially if it's something major like a motor/tranny or frame issue..

also, for the insurance issue, i don't know if it's the same down there, but here in alberta, the contents of your vehicle should be covered under your home contents insurance, not your vehicle insurance, the vehicle insurance only coveres the vehicle itself, not the contents.
I had my truck stolen once and broke into 4-5 times. My wife's car was stolen twice and joy ridden hard both times. You don't want it back. Unfortunately the insurance company kept fixing the wife's car even though every body panel was damaged and even the roof was buckled.

In regards to insurance, I was a college student at the time and didn't have renters insurance and because I was over 18 and not living at home it was not covered on my parents policy. That's why the contents of the truck were not covered.
GrimJeeper91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Help crawler and pick up stolen!! milwaukee - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stolen Truck and Crawler Propane Wisconsin 0 06-03-2013 09:11 AM
Help me pick a crawler jgorm Newbie General 11 12-15-2012 03:03 PM
I had my 2.2 crawler stolen... RPMJ Colorado 71 03-12-2010 03:23 PM
RC gear was stolen - what 2.2 crawler to build as a replacement? Csnyder General Crawlers 13 11-26-2008 08:12 AM
Stolen 1:1 Rock Crawler run2jeepn Chit Chat 13 05-31-2007 06:05 PM