Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: thoughts and prayers for central IL...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2013, 08:06 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default thoughts and prayers for central IL...

this past weekend we had a few towns take some serious damage from multiple tornadoes that ripped through them. one of which is just about 15 miles from my own town. just asking for your thoughts and prayers to the families that lost their homes and belongings in these storms.

if you are near by the towns affected, donations for clothes, bedding, anything really is being taken up at multiple locations to help out those affected.

thank you.

Last edited by warren; 11-19-2013 at 08:31 AM.
warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2013, 09:18 AM   #2
No idea what I'm doing

Default Re: thoughts and prayers for central IL...

I hope everyone here who lives in that area is ok. Weather has been pretty harsh lately to just about every area in the States.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 05:02 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Finally got word about my property downstate... Tornado missed by less than 1/2 mile. Another missed my brothers house by blocks. My uncle clocked 74mph winds and he wasn't near the powerful cells.

I've got a buddy that was chasing the Washington Tornado and posting pics on facebook live. He lives there and was out driving when it hit.

The news keeps showing Washington but they are ignoring smaller towns with near equal damage. Gifford IL, Jamaica IL, Tuscola IL were all hit hard. Gifford was prolly the worst. Most of those are more rural and the damage is widespread. Instead of 50 houses in a space of a block damaged, its 50 houses over the course of several miles. Some of these tornado's were on the ground for over 40 miles.
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:10 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetboat View Post
Finally got word about my property downstate... Tornado missed by less than 1/2 mile. Another missed my brothers house by blocks. My uncle clocked 74mph winds and he wasn't near the powerful cells.

I've got a buddy that was chasing the Washington Tornado and posting pics on facebook live. He lives there and was out driving when it hit.

The news keeps showing Washington but they are ignoring smaller towns with near equal damage. Gifford IL, Jamaica IL, Tuscola IL were all hit hard. Gifford was prolly the worst. Most of those are more rural and the damage is widespread. Instead of 50 houses in a space of a block damaged, its 50 houses over the course of several miles. Some of these tornado's were on the ground for over 40 miles.
Gifford is the town that is only about 15 miles from me. from the pics i saw and from people that went after the storms it's pretty well destroyed. the tornado took a path way right through the middle of town.
warren is offline   Reply With Quote

thoughts and prayers for central IL... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Family needs thoughts/prayers jetboat Chit Chat 7 05-02-2012 11:30 AM
Thoughts and Prayers caymin last Chit Chat 11 07-21-2011 09:35 AM
Thoughts and prayers... ittybitty South Carolina 14 07-14-2011 07:13 PM
Thoughts, prayers, and well wishes please. DickyT Chit Chat 33 03-07-2011 03:20 PM