you should stop buying those "girly" 2s LiPo's
and get on the manwagon with a 3s

2s is boring...
and is better left for newbies and kids
whom are afraid and/or drive badly !? Lol

just giving you grief
I run a 2s LiPo with my brushed 9T
in muh old ae B2.
2s makes that motor spin like it's on steroids !

Just a 9T?..should step up to 7T or something faster

I have speed or torque as I need it with a 2s...Gearing and timing on a 27T..faster than a 35t on a 3s and don't need as much torque to do the same thing you can do with a 3s

Last edited by 6sharky9; 12-05-2013 at 12:49 AM.
6sharky9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2013, 01:09 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: The SCX10 Smack Talk Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6sharky9 View Post
I have speed or torque as I need it with a 2s...Gearing and timing on a 27T..faster than a 35t on a 3s and don't need as much torque to do the same thing you can do with a 3s

You've never ran a 35 turn on 3s have you?

Unless you've done it you should stick to what you know. Volt up, gear down PERIOD.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 01:21 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
You've never ran a 35 turn on 3s have you?

Unless you've done it you should stick to what you know. Volt up, gear down PERIOD.
I haven't found the need for more torque or speed or low speed control for that matter..I may try a 35T but it will be with a 2s.

To me going to a 3s will create a set of problems im not getting with 2s power.

What can you crawl up someone with a 2s cant?
How much wheel speed do you need when a 27T has more than enough?

Considering I have more than enough power with even a very slow crawl speed why would I want or even need more?

Why do I want to spend 200 300 more on upgrades I don't need to do the same things you can?..I most like already can
Old 12-05-2013, 01:34 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I haven't found the need for more torque or speed or low speed control for that matter..I may try a 35T but it will be with a 2s.

To me going to a 3s will create a set of problems im not getting with 2s power.

What can you crawl up someone with a 2s cant?
How much wheel speed do you need when a 27T has more than enough?

Considering I have more than enough power with even a very slow crawl speed why would I want or even need more?

Why do I want to spend 200 300 more on upgrades I don't need to do the same things you can?..I most like already can

You always come back to you being satisfied with basically stock parts. The fact is that the vast majority of users are not and they want more steering, more power, more low speed crawlibility etc etc. Until you have had sharp steering, 3s no matter what motor it's driving you simply are talking out of your ass.

Simple fact is that a 27 turn on 2s won't have the same low end torque as a 35 turn on 2s and it will fall short especially up against a 35 turn on 3s. Awesome low speed control with more punch than a 27 turn on 2s so you can mash the trigger and have instant wheel speed.

Yea yea yea, you don't need to spend the money blah blah blah. You haven't tried it since your stockish rig is at least as capable as every other rig out there right?
Old 12-05-2013, 01:50 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

I run 3S in everything, 45T and 35T. The HH 35T on 3S with a HH BRXL is incredible.

I'd like to try 4S but I'm too scared.
KillerBlackbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 02:00 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Holmes Hobbies 27T and 35T with BRXL and 3s all the way! Running 2s with the same setup is nothing compared to running with 3s. Period! Your dreaming man.

Last edited by Norton; 12-05-2013 at 02:05 AM.
Norton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 02:05 AM   #7
RCC Addict

Ive read many articles on here about the magic steering mods/upgrades...sad so many complain about breaking stuff all the time...No thanks..ill have all the steering I need with my own mods and not break everything.

Im aware how the number of turns increase speed or torque and understand more voltage means more power but that's not what im talking about here.

Im simply saying or asking why the need for a 3s when a 2s accomplishes the same job without the need for all the upgrades?

I mean if having the upgrades makes someone feel good then by all means go for it.

And yes..My rig is more capable than many hopped up blinged out over priced garbage out there and is only going to get better..I know you watch my thread to learn something.

Post was for white trash

Last edited by 6sharky9; 12-05-2013 at 02:07 AM.
Old 12-05-2013, 02:08 AM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norton View Post
Holmes Hobbies 27T and 35T with BRXL and 3s all the way! Running 2s with the same setup is nothing compared to running with 3s. Period! Your dreaming man.
Got the BR-XL for the black Friday sale..less than 70 shipped
Old 12-05-2013, 02:24 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Ive read many articles on here about the magic steering mods/upgrades...sad so many complain about breaking stuff all the time...No thanks..ill have all the steering I need with my own mods and not break everything.

Im aware how the number of turns increase speed or torque and understand more voltage means more power but that's not what im talking about here.

Im simply saying or asking why the need for a 3s when a 2s accomplishes the same job without the need for all the upgrades?

I mean if having the upgrades makes someone feel good then by all means go for it.

And yes..My rig is more capable than many hopped up blinged out over priced garbage out there and is only going to get better..I know you watch my thread to learn something.

Post was for white trash

Does your ass ever get jealous of the crap coming out of your fingertips?

I do watch your thread occasionally but it sure ain't to learn anything. You can't seem to grasp that I've been in your shoes modding stock stuff convinced that it's better than all the aftermarket stuff. I was living that delusion for years before I finally realized I was wrong.

No amount of convincing will work, you'll just have to try the upgrades for yourself one day. Or keep playing with your stock rig that is the bestest most capabalist rig out there.
Old 12-05-2013, 02:31 AM   #10
RCC Addict

Ok..maybe this scenario will make some understand where im coming from.

This nice car comes pulling up to me..pro street looking;all tubbed out..6-71 blower sticking out of the hood..fancy paint job and wheels. (Chevy nova)

Im sitting in an 87 mustang with just front skinnies and stock lx wheels with slicks on the back..no Blowers, no latest hop ups..Just a home souped up 5.0; small block ford.
No fancy big duration cam/high lift cam or aluminum heads...Just a home built small block ford with some chassis and suspension upgrades.

We both stage and the lights start coming down and I leave at 5600rpm and lift my 2 front wheels about 2 inches off the ground and by the 60ft im already a car length ahead.
By the 330 im 4 cars ahead...by the 1000 im 2 cars and at the finish line I win by 3 cars lengths..(guess he let off in disgust..lol)

I turn an 11.04 @ 117 to his 11.33@ 123mph

Did he have more power?...yes he did but he lost to a plain jane looking beat up mostly stock mustang in his fancy high dollar chevy.

Moral of the story is...Its not how much you spend but how you build it..Holds true to all but the extreme.

Its more fun when the underdog wins

Last edited by 6sharky9; 12-05-2013 at 02:33 AM.
Old 12-05-2013, 02:44 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Ok..maybe this scenario will make some understand where im coming from.

This nice car comes pulling up to me..pro street looking;all tubbed out..6-71 blower sticking out of the hood..fancy paint job and wheels. (Chevy nova)

Im sitting in an 87 mustang with just front skinnies and stock lx wheels with slicks on the back..no Blowers, no latest hop ups..Just a home souped up 5.0; small block ford.
No fancy big duration cam/high lift cam or aluminum heads...Just a home built small block ford with some chassis and suspension upgrades.

We both stage and the lights start coming down and I leave at 5600rpm and lift my 2 front wheels about 2 inches off the ground and by the 60ft im already a car length ahead.
By the 330 im 4 cars ahead...by the 1000 im 2 cars and at the finish line I win by 3 cars lengths..(guess he let off in disgust..lol)

I turn an 11.04 @ 117 to his 11.33@ 123mph

Did he have more power?...yes he did but he lost to a plain jane looking beat up mostly stock mustang in his fancy high dollar chevy.

Moral of the story is...Its not how much you spend but how you build it..Holds true to all but the extreme.

Its more fun when the underdog wins

Unfortunately to make that scenario comparable you'd have to be in a 200 I6/auto mustang up against a interceptor mustang. Sure they look the same but your mustang only has upgrades available on the shelf at autozone and the interceptor is driven by "Mustang" Mike Modeste.
Old 12-05-2013, 02:47 AM   #12
RCC Addict

Thats just wrong in so many different ways..is that all you could come up with?
Old 12-05-2013, 02:53 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Meh I'm just an adult playing with kids toys. You carry on with your inferiority complex and stock stuff and I'll build my junk to be indestructible. We're all wrong, you're right, stock is the best option for everyone.
Old 12-05-2013, 02:58 AM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
Meh I'm just an adult playing with kids toys. You carry on with your inferiority complex and stock stuff and I'll build my junk to be indestructible. We're all wrong, you're right, stock is the best option for everyone.

Run a 4s or a 6s then...if more is better whats holding you back.?

be the best you can be

The BR-XL can take a 6s you know
Old 12-05-2013, 03:07 AM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Run a 4s or a 6s then...if more is better whats holding you back.?

be the best you can be

The BR-XL can take a 6s you know

3s, nothing less. Where does that say 3s or nothing? I run 4s in fofftarded II since the RX8 is capable of it unlike the ae2 or sv3.

You have an esc that'll handle 6s but you'll never run over 2s. Awesome.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:14 AM   #16
RCC Addict

Quote:
3s, nothing less. Where does that say 3s or nothing? I run 4s in fofftarded II since the RX8 is capable of it unlike the ae2 or sv3.

You have an esc that'll handle 6s but you'll never run over 2s. Awesome.

lol...I got the esc for the great deal and to get me all the power from the servo I have without needing an external BEC to get all my underpowered 177oz/in of torque...I should get like a 500oz/tq one so I can move rocks out of my way if I get my tires wedged between them.

Also got another ESC because I need the underpowered stock one that cant get over a pebble to power another project...You can find it in the 1.9 threads..Exceed/axial trail truck conversion..

Im getting another stock esc to power the mini scx10 ford Raptor build also/

Last edited by 6sharky9; 12-05-2013 at 03:18 AM.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:23 AM   #17
Quarry Creeper

I have to agree with WHITE-TRASH. I put a old tired 35T in my truggy on 3S and I was highly impressed with it. couldn't believe the difference it made. if you could swing it, just try it one time you will see. the saying "volt up, gear down" couldn't be more true.

Last edited by warren; 12-09-2013 at 03:20 AM.
warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 03:40 AM   #18
RCC Addict

In all honesty I know it would be more powerful...Im just stubborn and like to make something the best it can by using mostly stock parts....I raced in the NMRA stock class with my mustang so making the most of what you have is in my blood...Was fun before the mustang became a dedicated racer to pop the hood and show someone what they just got beaten by..For the record the 11s I ran was after I got out of NMRA..i added a 150 shot of nos to it...I miss that car :(

I may try a 3s one day but for now I don't see why I need more power than I already have and it cost me more to make it reliable again as it is with the 2s.

I have the ESC to do it when or if I decide to try it...And all I need is a 35T armature to have a 35T motor.

I like to build my own motors.

As far as gearing down im going to try a 14T pinion from the 16 im using now..but if it takes away too much wheel speed or gets hot im going back to 16T
Its gotten me up many hills geared like I have it and can crawl pretty darn slow with no strain.

Last edited by 6sharky9; 12-05-2013 at 03:46 AM.
Old 12-05-2013, 04:06 AM   #19
RCC Addict

But since this is the smack talk thread..Low and behold the finest near stock scx10 being built today on 2s power

Old 12-05-2013, 07:06 AM   #20
Rock Stacker

Mostly stock mustang ran an 11.04 @117, sorry gotta call bullshit on that. Been down the track a few times, it takes work to get in the low 11's. I had a 2700lb car that was making 543hp at the crank and ran 11 teens.......and yes my suspension was dialed. Back to rc.....I feel the same, no less than 3s!
DonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alpha angle, badass on 2s lipo, haters will hate, sleeper pro, uses stock driveshafts, uses stock trans gears

The SCX10 Smack Talk Thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cow RC "Golden State Shootout" post your questions ans smack talk here sococrawler Competitions 199 10-02-2011 10:34 AM
~MTRCRC comp #1 smack talk thread~ Unimoger Montana 38 09-26-2009 06:51 AM
The official Crawlaplooza smack talking thread GySgt Hartman Minnesota 20 09-25-2009 03:39 PM
smack talk from SC,NC,TENN,GA,FLA hbj069 Alabama 2 06-18-2009 08:39 AM