Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: The Most Beautiful Cars EVER (IYHO)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2018, 09:51 AM   #621

Default Re: The Most Beautiful Cars EVER (IYHO)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
tell that to the Camaros Mustangs and Challengers i smoke around off ramps/junctions. (on stock tires no less)

THIS is mine

the only "power mod" i have is a Perrin cold air intake (i have a header i never installed). this thing is essentially a miata with a hard top and back seats. with the low-slung boxer engine and the aftermarket coilovers and wider wheels (17x9.5) this thing handles like a DREAM. it really sucks in feb i have to give it back at the end of lease. i wanted to keep it now that greddy just released an individual throttle body kit. always wanted those for this car. but i got a third kid on the way so i need something that seats 5.

and even with only 200 hp, its so light it still has enough power to have PLENTY of fun! corner carving is the natural habitat of this creature, not stoplight warrior.

**maybe i'll start a thread to say goodbye, upload some canyon carving vid?
They're beautiful cars. I love the looks. Not enough power for me and we will have to agree to disagree on that point. You might smoke a Camaro or Mustang in a random corner, but given equal drivers on an average track the BRZ is going to lose.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2018, 11:40 AM   #622
Rock Crawler

You fellas are arguing over semantics. Big difference in quick and fast. A BRZ, like a miata, is a quick little car, maybe some of the quickest in the right situation, but they will never satisfy an appetite for speed.
DukeMinnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 12:31 PM   #623
Quarry Creeper

Yep, different use case scenarios for sure. Around here, a BRZ in capable hands will hang right with if not outrun the high HP cars on the back roads I love. You can't cheat physics. The higher HP cars may have more power, but they're also carrying 700-1200lbs more weight too, which has to be slowed and yawed at every corner. It's the same reason I could take a 42HP dirt bike on slicks, and hang right with the sport bike guys, some close to 200HP. You can bring all the power you want here, but there's almost nowhere you can use it other than the highway, which is where all the cops hang out to bust the tourists who are tired of going through curves because they've never been through one, so the first straight road they find, they'll do 80 in a 55.

Last edited by hpiguy; 06-20-2018 at 12:33 PM.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 01:20 PM   #624
I wanna be Dave

i don't think we are arguing at all but i get your point.

i love the power, or lack thereof. its the whole "fast car, slow driver vs slow car, fast driver" thing. (my first ever autocross i posted the fastest novice FSP time of the day in a 120hp corolla GTS)
I'm not saying it will beat a faster car in every situation. but its been known to post some impressive lap times when you put some sticky rubber under it.
https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...omparison-test

and because rules:
cant talk about the Toyota 86 without posting pics of the original inspiration... the Toyota AE86 (Corolla GTS stateside, Sprinter Trueno in japan)

Last edited by Shinchu; 06-20-2018 at 01:30 PM.
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 01:31 PM   #625

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
i don't think we are arguing at all but i get your point.

i love the power, or lack thereof. its the whole "fast car, slow driver vs slow car, fast driver" thing. (my first ever autocross i posted the fastest novice FSP time of the day in a 120hp corolla GTS)
I'm not saying it will beat a faster car in every situation. but its been known to post some impressive lap times when you put some sticky rubber under it.
https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...omparison-test

and because rules:
cant talk about the Toyota 86 without posting pics of the original inspiration... the Toyota AE86 (Corolla GTS stateside, Sprinter Trueno in japan)
I don't know why people think discussions are arguments. I'm not arguing - just having a discussion.

That red Trueno reminds me of the Chrysler Conquest/Mistsubishi Starion that I posted earlier. And I just happen to see a video of it today.

Old 06-20-2018, 01:38 PM   #626
I wanna be Dave

oh yeah i watch the hoonigan channel all the time and that starion/conquest was awesome. neat story dude had it since high school right? that's awesome.
the hoonigan DT with the green AE86 and big huge spoiler is my buddy colin frost. he recently raced it against a Ferrari.

*wow that guy's whole channel is awesome! (driving line, not my buddy's so its not a plug lol)

Last edited by Shinchu; 06-20-2018 at 02:04 PM.
Old 06-21-2018, 09:58 AM   #627

The new Shelby Super Snake widebody is just gorgeous!

Old 06-21-2018, 01:40 PM   #628
Pebble Pounder

This pops up in our parking lot at work every now and then. It is likely a kit car but still pretty cool:
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 01:47 PM   #629

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyj View Post
This pops up in our parking lot at work every now and then. It is likely a kit car but still pretty cool:
Beautiful! I'd rather have a kit version. You can actually drive those without worrying about their worth.

Does it have a mean engine? A Cobra, even a kit car, with a mild engine would be sacrilege.
Old 06-21-2018, 01:51 PM   #630
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Beautiful! I'd rather have a kit version. You can actually drive those without worrying about their worth.

Does it have a mean engine? A Cobra, even a kit car, with a mild engine would be sacrilege.
Well, it has a "427 Cobra" badge, so I would hope so.
Old 06-21-2018, 01:53 PM   #631
Pebble Pounder

LOL!!! I just noticed that my "little grey egg" is in the background on the left.
Old 06-24-2018, 11:33 PM   #632
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeMinnix View Post
You fellas are arguing over semantics. Big difference in quick and fast. A BRZ, like a miata, is a quick little car, maybe some of the quickest in the right situation, but they will never satisfy an appetite for speed.
2013 Hyundai Sonata turbo.... Mine would laugh at BRZ's on the open road. The 2010-14 Sonata turbo's were no joke for power/speed. They were a very light sedan and you could make them handle VERY well. I miss my 13, it was a very sexy car and super comfortable. I ran it on the needles HyWy run in 14 an smoked quite a few Camaro's, Mustang GT's, V8 Chargers, etc.

I think the BRZ is still a sexy car (more so that it's other brother) but fast,,,, not so much.
Krakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 08:25 AM   #633
I wanna be Dave

like i was saying, different kinds of fast. dollars to donuts i would destroy any sonata at an autocross with my FRS.
Old 06-28-2018, 12:18 PM   #634
~THE SCALE SHOP~

Mclaren just does everything right.
the upcoming 600LT

"McLaren 600LT: Meet the Ultimate Sport Series

Can this limited edition, 592-horsepower lightweight Sport Series be as fast as the big brother 720S? Those top-exit exhausts say yes.

You knew this was coming. Introducing the McLaren 600LT, the long-tail, more-horsepower top-dog cousin of the McLaren 570S. And while McLaren will continue to keep certain details away from us until the 600LT's dynamic debut at the Goodwood Festival of Speed next month, here's everything we can tell you now about Woking's latest Long Tail.

By the numbers, 23 percent of this "strictly limited volume" car is new, not shared with the 570S. There's a lot more carbon fiber, as well as forged aluminum double-wishbone suspension and lightweight braking system inherited from the 720S. All those upgraded components save 211.6 lbs. in total, bringing the 600LT's dry weight (with all the required options ticked) to 2749.2lbs. Yeah, there's a 0.2 there, because it's McLaren.

Thanks to the uprated cooling and the reduced backpressure provided by the shorter, top-exit exhaust system, the 3.8 twin-turbo V8 now produces 592 horsepower and 457 lb.-ft. of torque. With that extra power comes quicker steering, sharper throttle and brake pedal responses, significantly firmer engine mounts, and a set of bespoke, track-focused Pirelli Trofeo R tires on forged wheels.

To justify the Long Tail badge, the 600LT is 2.9 inches longer than a regular Sport Series, thanks to having an extended front splitter, a massive rear diffuser and a fixed rear wing. This package produces a considerable amount of downforce.

Inside, everything is wrapped in Alcantara, and while the standard seats are the carbon buckets first seen inside the McLaren P1, customers can also opt for the McLaren Senna's even lighter carbon units. Add MSO's carbon roof, cantrails and the vented carbon front fenders, and the 600LT's dry weight suddenly drops to the lowest claimed figure, 2749.2 lbs.

Limited production of the 600LT Coupé will begin in October, and will last for no more than 12 month. But just how limited are we talking here? The predecessor 675LT's figures should give you an idea—a mere 500 examples of that car were produced. Pricing will also have to stay under wraps for now, but I can tell you that McLaren will throw in a Pure McLaren Road Owner Track Day at a race circuit, just to make sure you can handle the 600LT's amplified fury."

STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 12:39 PM   #635
~THE SCALE SHOP~

2019 Hellcat Red Eye
797hp

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/...mage=100656780

STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 07:42 PM   #636
Rock Stacker

I would say an e type jag but.........eagle made it even better
FTW Eagle GT

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Tufftf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 07:26 AM   #637
Rock Crawler

There is that "thud" sound from the underside of my computer table again

That "Jag" i would drive for sure. classy like hell.

With a little lotto money i might well get the hellcat or that new Shelby as i know most other rich or lotto rich people would not get those.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 01:19 PM   #638
Rock Crawler

Final Edition.

https://www.koenigsegg.com/koenigseg...hor-and-vader/
4wd4ws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 07:28 AM   #639
Quarry Creeper

New Singer Design DLS (dynamics & lightweight study) DROOL!

hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 07:41 AM   #640

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
Mclaren just does everything right.
the upcoming 600LT
The McLaren's are super impressive on performance, but I think they look flat out boring - like boring in an Audi R8 way. But I'd still kill to have one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
Despite being long in the tooth I still thing the Challenger is the best looking American muscle car redo. Love them. I just wish they'd go on a diet.

I'll submit the Ferrari 488 Pista. Ferraris should be red.

The Most Beautiful Cars EVER (IYHO) - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Beautiful evening run Straffa Scale Videos! 0 11-03-2013 10:48 AM
Don't hate me because I'm beautiful..... :p Sydwall85 Redcat Crawlers 5 04-04-2012 07:58 PM
Beautiful Iraq xgerstandtx Chit Chat 12 06-09-2011 03:15 AM
a beautiful story 72Blazer Chit Chat 13 01-18-2010 05:58 PM
my god what a beautiful sound!! dieselfuel Chit Chat 1 10-10-2007 09:40 PM