Old 12-09-2014, 01:02 PM   #1
~THE SCALE SHOP~

Talking probly the oddest group of vehicles drag racing youll ever see

STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2014, 05:21 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: probly the oddest group of vehicles drag racing youll ever see

The FC is super cool. I have been looking for one in decent shape for a while. The wife says I dont need anymore project, but if one came up, for the right price, it would be in my garage.
BLOODBANE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 06:38 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

fred rules nuff said
thomass14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 07:15 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I knew the '55 would win, it's the lightest, with a big engine engine. The Hellcat has the horsepower, but because it's a street legal factory car, it has restrictions built in, i.e. speed governor. The gasser is a stripped down street/strip car. The FC, while cool in it's own way, even with a hemi, never had a chance. The 4 banger chevy, even turbo'd, sounded like a sewing machine crossing the finish line.
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 08:39 PM   #5
~THE SCALE SHOP~

lol listen in at the finish line again. they dubbed in jetsons sound effects on the 4banger. hilarious of the editors.
honestly I thought the hellcat would win. I knew blasfhemi would win the launch but I thought it would run out of power and gear. im assuming 5xx HP
I was surprised at the outcome. cool clip for sure
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 09:03 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

That 55 is a bad car it will run approximately 10.80s in the 1/4 mile, I have seen the Dodge Hellcat run 11.20s all stock with slicks. But i think they added sound effects to the 4 banger,
BigBlokBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 12:44 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
lol listen in at the finish line again. they dubbed in jetsons sound effects on the 4banger. hilarious of the editors.
honestly I thought the hellcat would win. I knew blasfhemi would win the launch but I thought it would run out of power and gear. im assuming 5xx HP
I was surprised at the outcome. cool clip for sure

Jetsons sound effect was the funniest part hands down!

Blasphemi doesn't need 4 brazillion horsepower to beat the hellcat since the mopar is a fat piggy.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 01:35 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

I'd drive any one of those rigs. Freaking awesome video.

That FC went a hell of a lot faster that I thought it would too.
glondark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 06:42 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

yep Jetson's, LOL. I wonder if the FC had a set of regular tires on, would it have run faster than it did on tracks?

Last edited by Mike Flea; 12-10-2014 at 06:50 PM.
Old 12-10-2014, 06:57 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Flea View Post
yep Jetson's, LOL. I wonder if the FC had a set of regular tires on, would it have run faster than it did on tracks?
I've wondered that too, it would have at least been more competitive with the Sonic.

Also wonder how much closer Jesse and Finnegan would have been if She had more time behind the wheel of the Hellcat, sounds like she only made a few passes before the race.
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 07:05 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

ya, more time to where she felt comfortable behind the wheel. I watched the vid again, and she actually looks scared or tense behind the wheel. I wonder too, if she had a manual trans, could she have kicked it a bit.
Old 12-10-2014, 08:39 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

I think the 8 speed should have a lower first gear or two if it's anything like their 6 speed and 9 speed transaxles (my Pentastar/6-speed auto 200 has a 4.127:1 first gear and the 8 and 9 speeds should be lower still!) That car should move out better with the auto if you had enough time to learn it's characteristics. To get my 200 rolling quick without lighting them up and letting everybody know my intentions, I have to get it rolling then lay into it. I can only imagine that with 2.5 times the power and a shorter first few gears, it's got to be a whole lot trickier........even with more weight, wider and grippier tires plus power going to the right end of the car.

I also wonder if she might have been a bit skittish after that wreck she had, the Hellcat has even more power than the Audi she was driving when it happened.
Old 12-10-2014, 09:05 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I wonder if the FC had a set of regular tires on, would it have run faster than it did on tracks?

It would have to since those tracks have got to suck up a bunch of horsepower.

That chick is a test driver so no, she wouldn't have gotten much faster with more time behind the wheel since she knows enough to keep a car on the good side of traction at all times.

A car capable of 10 second passes beat a car capable of 11 second passes. It got beat get over it.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 09:09 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Quote:
ya, more time to where she felt comfortable behind the wheel. I watched the vid again, and she actually looks scared or tense behind the wheel. I wonder too, if she had a manual trans, could she have kicked it a bit.

Actually the autos are half a second slower in the 1/4. The automatics shift faster and smoother. The gearing is actually good and gives plenty of low end gear for launch.

I run my wagon, big girl, but a lot of fun. They share a lot of the same/similar parts, as they are a sister platform.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418270867.217948.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  125.5 KB

She needs more time behind the wheel. Soft launch and definitely looked a little nervous. She got tree'd by the 55. He was money on the launch.

Awesome video. Thanks for sharing.
BadWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 11:43 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

The 8 speed autos or ths 5 speeds? I can see the 5 speed being so, especially with a good driver in the 6 speed car. The Hellcats will be using a variation of the 8 speed and if that has extra low gearing for the first 2-3 gears (as well as lower than 1 and 2 in the 6 speed manual) and is as quick a shifter as has been claimed, the well driven 6 speed cars might have a tough fight on their hands.
Old 12-11-2014, 04:25 AM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadWagon View Post
Actually the autos are half a second slower in the 1/4. The automatics shift faster and smoother. The gearing is actually good and gives plenty of low end gear for launch.

I run my wagon, big girl, but a lot of fun. They share a lot of the same/similar parts, as they are a sister platform.

Attachment 303363

She needs more time behind the wheel. Soft launch and definitely looked a little nervous. She got tree'd by the 55. He was money on the launch.

Awesome video. Thanks for sharing.
Not trying to change the subject but,Specs and times please!?!?!?! Ive seen your avatar for quite a while now and always wondered about that car!!!! It looks absolutely killer
gearhead79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 04:54 AM   #17
Rock Crawler

To be honest i would take the jeep, not least as it would freak out just about any one here, and i like to be unlike all the other ppl.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 10:49 AM   #18
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJoe View Post
The 8 speed autos or ths 5 speeds? I can see the 5 speed being so, especially with a good driver in the 6 speed car. The Hellcats will be using a variation of the 8 speed and if that has extra low gearing for the first 2-3 gears (as well as lower than 1 and 2 in the 6 speed manual) and is as quick a shifter as has been claimed, the well driven 6 speed cars might have a tough fight on their hands.

The 5 speeds. I've driven the new 8 speed as well (2015 scat pac a couple of months ago just before they were released). The 8 speed shifts quick and well. Very nice set up, I've yet to take one down the strip, but I'm sure we'll see them popping up at the track in 2015.

The 6 speed cars have an uphill battle... Takes longer to complete the shift (even flat footing it with a good driver), electronic issues, launch issues, and the shifts are violent! Really hard in the 6 speed driveline. My buddy went through quite a few fully built, custom 6 speed transmissions before he gave up and converted to a Rossler 480le, he's pushing 1100+ hp (at 18 lbs of boost. Twin Turbos) and is the current standing mile record holder at 207.9 in his challenger (20-22lbs of boost at the mile).

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead79 View Post
Not trying to change the subject but,Specs and times please!?!?!?! Ive seen your avatar for quite a while now and always wondered about that car!!!! It looks absolutely killer

Thanks bud. The BadWagon is a 2005 Dodge Magnum RT, heavily modded. It's best ETs so far are 11.6x in the 1/4 mile (115-118 trap speed. Crappy 60' of low 1.7 and high 1.6s). That's NA with a forged 6.1 at 10.9 CR, custom cam, 3.06 gears, built trans, 4000 stall verter, etc).

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418320075.192964.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  144.1 KB

I'm in the middle of a build at the moment, 6.1 forged and stroked to 392ci @ 9.5:1 CR (Arrington Performance), 3.6 Kenne Bell on top, custom ThiTek heads with dual springs, dual wally 405s in a return style system by Fore, Paramount trans, flexplate and 2800 stall verter, single piece promod style 3.8" CF driveshaft into a ford 9" by DSS, and lots of custom tweaks all around.

Should be around 650 rwhp in street trim and we're shooting for 900-950+ at the track. We'll work our way up though, not going for all of the beans off the bat.

A couple of pics:

Shortblock. Notice the large valve reliefs for the big valves in the heads
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418319517.664171.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  154.5 KB

ThiTek Heads:
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418319652.639622.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  158.4 KB

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418319684.807328.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  156.1 KB

Mock up on windowed block:
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418319817.353145.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  150.1 KB

Just for fun
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418319859.574023.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  159.1 KB

Sorry for the hijack, but thanks for asking bud!

Last edited by BadWagon; 12-11-2014 at 11:36 AM.
BadWagon is offline   Reply With Quote

probly the oddest group of vehicles drag racing youll ever see - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Desert racing vehicles starvenamrvin 1.9 Scale Rigs 11 02-03-2009 11:52 AM
Is anyone into Drag Racing? wmastin0002 Chit Chat 20 01-30-2008 05:04 PM
R/C drag racing Rok_Dok Chit Chat 6 12-12-2007 10:50 AM
RC drag racing STANG KILLA SS Chit Chat 1 09-24-2007 10:12 AM