Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Vanquish stopped producing parts!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2015, 07:06 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Vanquish stopped producing parts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhoopty View Post
itd be swell to have another option for really nicely machined parts.
It would be awesome if they had good competition.....
roksloski is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2015, 08:16 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Supershafty is running low too
Jrgunn5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 11:56 AM   #23
Rock Crawler

I've been trying to order some wraith axles and can't find them anywhere. It looks like they are closing shop. ( just looks I have no idea) I have heard no word or anything. but VP supply is low across the board.
jammin311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 12:51 PM   #24

its pretty damn discouraging...

i looked pretty hard for some updated vvd stub axles to replace the ones i have that split after one pack. i just replaced them with the old battle proven axial unis that were in it originally...
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 01:24 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Well, I really hope they aren't closing shop as I've been very happy with any VP stuff I've owned. But if they are, it wouldn't be a huge shock. I've honestly wondered how they've stayed afloat the past few years with the economy the way it's been. But, maybe I'm way off base, maybe they have tons of product flying off the shelves, I honestly don't know.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 01:34 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

WTF, are you guys high or something?

Go look at their last two Facebook posts.

Post before that explains some things.

"
We want to take this opportunity to thank all our fans and customers. You are what helps drive us to make the best products we can manufacture. We feel we should inform our customers and followers about what is going on inside Vanquish Products to remedy out of stock issues.

We are aware of the need to get our products more readily available and in stock. We hear you and have invested heavily in recent months to meet this need. In addition to adding machinery, we have also added personnel and streamlined our processes.

For machinery, we decided to step up our manufacturing by a huge margin. We recently acquired another multi pallet CNC horizontal machining center. However, even with this equipment on the floor, getting large amounts of stock on the shelves is not an overnight venture. We are tooling up, building fixtures, and programming as fast as we can. Please remember, we build and manufacture everything we sell, right here in Sacramento, California.

We are reorganizing our lathe department to be more streamlined and efficient. This includes adding capacity in the coming week to the lathe area. This will help us catch up on all rims and round products. Keep in mind, however, that even though we are fixing the equipment side of our operations, it may take a few months for the fruit of our labors to hit the shelves.

Also, we have added another talented CNC programmer to our team. His main focus is working on our out of stock items. He is already making a dent in in this area by focusing our current equipment to be more effective on a day to day basis.

Overall, our main focus is to catch up and maintain all our common out of stock items. Of course, we continuously have new, exciting products being developed and prototyped and we’ll be releasing these new products here and there once we get caught up on high demand items. Again, thank you for your patience and continued support.

Vanquish Products"

Last edited by Szczerba; 02-17-2015 at 02:07 PM.
Szczerba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 02:38 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

That folks, is how shit gets started at the rumour mill haha. Vp is not closing the doors. Seems to me like they're a fairly small operation for the huge demand.
Slowkrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 02:39 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Any vendor for crawler parts is relatively small...
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 02:51 PM   #29

i never once even began to believe they were closing shop, just way way behind... like i said before it would be nice for them to have some comp.
Old 02-17-2015, 03:11 PM   #30
RCC Addict

Hope the new tooling means we won't need a separate vendor to make their shit fit.
djjiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 03:47 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

Sorry, I don't do facespace.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 04:58 PM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by djjiz View Post
Hope the new tooling means we won't need a separate vendor to make their shit fit.
That only happens with RC3WD...

GySgt Hartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 05:43 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by GySgt Hartman View Post
That only happens with RC3WD...

i got a set of curries that prove otherwise.
Old 02-17-2015, 06:07 PM   #34
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szczerba View Post
WTF, are you guys high or something?

Go look at their last two Facebook posts.

Post before that explains some things.

"
We want to take this opportunity to thank all our fans and customers. You are what helps drive us to make the best products we can manufacture. We feel we should inform our customers and followers about what is going on inside Vanquish Products to remedy out of stock issues.

We are aware of the need to get our products more readily available and in stock. We hear you and have invested heavily in recent months to meet this need. In addition to adding machinery, we have also added personnel and streamlined our processes.

For machinery, we decided to step up our manufacturing by a huge margin. We recently acquired another multi pallet CNC horizontal machining center. However, even with this equipment on the floor, getting large amounts of stock on the shelves is not an overnight venture. We are tooling up, building fixtures, and programming as fast as we can. Please remember, we build and manufacture everything we sell, right here in Sacramento, California.

We are reorganizing our lathe department to be more streamlined and efficient. This includes adding capacity in the coming week to the lathe area. This will help us catch up on all rims and round products. Keep in mind, however, that even though we are fixing the equipment side of our operations, it may take a few months for the fruit of our labors to hit the shelves.

Also, we have added another talented CNC programmer to our team. His main focus is working on our out of stock items. He is already making a dent in in this area by focusing our current equipment to be more effective on a day to day basis.

Overall, our main focus is to catch up and maintain all our common out of stock items. Of course, we continuously have new, exciting products being developed and prototyped and we’ll be releasing these new products here and there once we get caught up on high demand items. Again, thank you for your patience and continued support.

Vanquish Products"
If this came from Steve, I call BS...........

he's like a car salesmen........
roksloski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 07:50 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
i got a set of curries that prove otherwise.
I was going to ask what you were referring to. Yes, the pinion bearing on the curries are a bit of a head scratcher. However, it doesn't require "another vendor" to fix it. I sanded down my first pinion bearing, and then after that just run that shit till it fits haha. Haven't had issues since.
Slowkrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 10:44 PM   #36
Rock Crawler

Sacramento? Crap, I do not want to live in Cali. Thought I had a job opportunity for a moment, there. Good luck with the new machinery! What brand lathe is that? American made?

Last edited by KJ10; 02-17-2015 at 10:53 PM.
KJ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 11:06 PM   #37
RcBros Hobbies

You guys clearly don't buy any Axial aftermarket items either. cause there all out of stock. AXIAL IS GOING OUT OF BUSINESS...

O wait, nevermind we keep buying all there parts. Welcome to an expanding hobby gents! I wish I had this problem as often as they do bahahaha
RcBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 11:11 PM   #38
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcBro View Post
I wish I had this problem as often as they do bahahaha
What problem? Running out of parts? I, for one, am glad you don't. Small business keeps this country running!
KJ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 09:48 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowkrawl View Post
I was going to ask what you were referring to. Yes, the pinion bearing on the curries are a bit of a head scratcher. However, it doesn't require "another vendor" to fix it. I sanded down my first pinion bearing, and then after that just run that shit till it fits haha. Haven't had issues since.
did the same with the sanding after my emails to vp didnt get replied to.

whole reason i bought the curries in the first place was the assumption that xr tubes were being made, and that ended up not happening.

cool looking axles tho. nice to see dlux taking them to the next level.
Old 02-18-2015, 12:35 PM   #40
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
nice to see dlux taking them to the next level.

I'm anxiously awaiting my Yeti rear to show up at my door. It will be a wait, but will be worth every bit of it.
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote

Vanquish stopped producing parts! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AC/DC still producing albums constantmotion Chit Chat 16 09-01-2008 12:52 AM
is anybody currently producing a top link mount for the tlt-1 86ss1 Tamiya TLT Crawlers 9 04-03-2005 10:26 AM
New Company Producing 20mm Wideners For TLT CrazyPhantom Tamiya TLT Crawlers 5 10-11-2004 04:11 PM