Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Knockoff vanquish methods on ebay???

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2015, 09:32 AM   #81
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Knockoff vanquish methods on ebay???

Screws are nothing
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2015, 09:45 AM   #82
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr8cture View Post
Screws are nothing

Your right they arent.

But its the principal of the thing.

Wouldnt buy a Car with missing wheel nuts!!!
Old 11-23-2015, 10:10 AM   #83
I wanna be Dave

Wouldn't buy a Chinese knock off car either.
Old 11-23-2015, 10:55 AM   #84
RCC Addict

Hoping the screws are missing from mine!
Less for me to do.
Old 11-23-2015, 11:55 AM   #85
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dready View Post
Your right they arent.

But its the principal of the thing.

Wouldnt buy a Car with missing wheel nuts!!!
Just one of many perils risked when buying knock-off products, but it's still a pain in the *** if you don't have an assortment of M2 screws on hand.
Old 11-23-2015, 01:01 PM   #86
RCC Addict

I guess if the guy doesn't communicate, and your set is incomplete you could file a paypal claim and stick it to the cheat and get them free.
Old 11-23-2015, 01:17 PM   #87
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbean View Post
I guess if the guy doesn't communicate, and your set is incomplete you could file a paypal claim and stick it to the cheat and get them free.
Awesome idea! Nothing like being a thief in retaliation due to $.32 worth of missing hardware.
Old 11-23-2015, 01:20 PM   #88
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbean View Post
That's pretty immature. It's not that the sellers are TRYING to rip you off. They just buy and resell products, it's not their fault if QC messed up somewhere. They are just trying to run a business and are operating on low margins on top of it, which is why they can get stuff to us so cheap. Just buy a few screws. No biggie.
Old 11-23-2015, 03:06 PM   #89
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by norco kid View Post
That's pretty immature. It's not that the sellers are TRYING to rip you off. They just buy and resell products, it's not their fault if QC messed up somewhere. They are just trying to run a business and are operating on low margins on top of it, which is why they can get stuff to us so cheap. Just buy a few screws. No biggie.

Yea, they are just trying to rip off all the people they copy. Or copy the work from the 1:1 manufactures, who did not approve this company to represent their brand in a positive light. They do not seem to care about the ones who have an original idea and can think outside the box. Or the ones who decided to try it different, spend the time, money, and risk in designs and prototyping to make a better product.

But I do love some of the posts on here. First thank you to all who support us and seem to have an understanding of what we are trying to do here as a company.

The others, I am a little mystified by the responses, especially by some who actually make and sell products here on rccrawler. Seems they are almost proponents of these actions.

We as a company have always gone out of our way to not step on others toes. Try to not take anyone's ideas and profit from them. We have always tried to do it our way. Would those same proponents be ok with us copying other vendors on rcc? That would be ok, as long as it was cheaper i guess?
Old 11-23-2015, 04:09 PM   #90
Rock Crawler

I can agree to a point... yes, support your local shops, yes support your innovative vendors.

But remember, this ebay seller isn't advertising here, or trying to steal business. He/she is some person 10,000 miles away selling crap in a basic ebay store. The o.p. found THEM and then put it here... also probably not the maker of said knock off items. Just a reseller doing what is completely legal in their homeland.

Gearhead, vp, and rc4wd will all still get their and my money, so realize that you can't capture 100% of the market share no matter what, so be glad you have your loyal fan base of your product and take pride that someone on the other side of the planet found it worthy to copy.. just a silver lining / glass half full take on this

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Old 11-23-2015, 04:16 PM   #91
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by idaho View Post
Or instead of buying crap, support someone who supports our community and drop an extra $30-$40 on some ssd wheels
Yep!!! I have a set of the SSD wheels, nice product, decent price, and I would have to say the easiest wheel to mount tires on.

Cheers,
Wade
Old 11-23-2015, 04:20 PM   #92
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevem50 View Post
I can agree to a point... yes, support your local shops, yes support your innovative vendors.

But remember, this ebay seller isn't advertising here, or trying to steal business. He/she is some person 10,000 miles away selling crap in a basic ebay store. The o.p. found THEM and then put it here... also probably not the maker of said knock off items. Just a reseller doing what is completely legal in their homeland.

Gearhead, vp, and rc4wd will all still get their and my money, so realize that you can't capture 100% of the market share no matter what, so be glad you have your loyal fan base of your product and take pride that someone on the other side of the planet found it worthy to copy.. just a silver lining / glass half full take on this.

Agreed, no need to get too worked up about it. There are more than enough "name brand" fan boys that there's no need to be nervous.
Old 11-23-2015, 05:00 PM   #93
RCC Addict

Awesome reviews are trickling in on Facebook.
They shouldn't have a problem selling these.
Old 11-23-2015, 05:25 PM   #94
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vp Monkey View Post
Yea, they are just trying to rip off all the people they copy. Or copy the work from the 1:1 manufactures, who did not approve this company to represent their brand in a positive light. They do not seem to care about the ones who have an original idea and can think outside the box. Or the ones who decided to try it different, spend the time, money, and risk in designs and prototyping to make a better product.

But I do love some of the posts on here. First thank you to all who support us and seem to have an understanding of what we are trying to do here as a company.

The others, I am a little mystified by the responses, especially by some who actually make and sell products here on rccrawler. Seems they are almost proponents of these actions.

We as a company have always gone out of our way to not step on others toes. Try to not take anyone's ideas and profit from them. We have always tried to do it our way. Would those same proponents be ok with us copying other vendors on rcc? That would be ok, as long as it was cheaper i guess?
You really shouldn't worry too much about it. The guys buying a sub $50 set of knock-off wheels/rings/hubs were not going to buy the branded set at $202 to start with. Some will spend a lot more for a branded, high quality replica, others won't. With a 4:1 price gap there's not going to be a lot of purchaser cross-over.
Old 11-23-2015, 05:40 PM   #95
Rock Crawler

I disagree, I got them as a wheel for a shelf queen that won't see much use other than to be looked at.. on the same shelf are 5 other rigs with gearheads on them. Spending 200 on wheels isn't the issue.. some will just buy them to have them. Simple as that

Old 11-23-2015, 05:41 PM   #96
Rock Crawler

Old 11-23-2015, 06:12 PM   #97
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric0424 View Post
You really shouldn't worry too much about it. The guys buying a sub $50 set of knock-off wheels/rings/hubs were not going to buy the branded set at $202 to start with.
I for one, will not drop $202 on a set of wheels, only to grind them to shit on rocks. I already spent $270 on two sets of gearheads...I'm done with expensive wheels! There are also a lot of people who can't afford $200 wheels which makes the cheap knockoffs that look just as good, a viable option for those people. And it's not just wheels either.
Old 11-23-2015, 07:11 PM   #98
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vp Monkey View Post

I'm sorry, I was not clear. I am talking about the SELLER NOT THE MANUFACTURER. The sellers are just regular people who BUY the product from the manufacturer and resell it. The MANUFACTURER is the one commuting copyright infringement. My objection was to filing a PayPal claim and trying to screw the SELLER because there were 6 missing bolts, which was likely a MANUFACTURER packaging error to begin with. No matter which way you slice it, trying to bully the seller into a "free" set of $50 wheels because $0.50 of screws are missing is just WRONG.

Last edited by norco kid; 11-23-2015 at 07:25 PM.
Old 11-23-2015, 07:27 PM   #99
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by norco kid View Post
Immature is the blatant theft of someone else's design & R&D.
I wouldn't buy these in the first place, or be put out by a couple missing common screws. Just my thoughts.
Old 11-23-2015, 07:50 PM   #100
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnysplits View Post
I for one, will not drop $202 on a set of wheels, only to grind them to shit on rocks. I already spent $270 on two sets of gearheads...I'm done with expensive wheels! There are also a lot of people who can't afford $200 wheels which makes the cheap knockoffs that look just as good, a viable option for those people. And it's not just wheels either.
If I were building a show quality trail truck I would consider expensive wheels, bumpers, axles, etc., but I don't build shelf queens. So I'm a little more conservative with my budget. I don't have a problem spending more on a part that's more durable or performs better. If they also happen to look better than the rest, that's an added bonus.
Closed Thread

Tags
chinesesuckerpunch, dragonsfart