Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Image size in classifieds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2016, 07:20 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Image size in classifieds

What a joke....I can post the same size image in build threads but for some bull shit reason not in the classifieds refund my 20 bucks if i can't post a freaking add with out jumping though hoops for the image nazi

Last edited by 801RYAN; 10-16-2016 at 07:22 PM.
801RYAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2016, 07:42 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Image size in classifieds

the rules are not just for classifieds...seems like they may not be enforced as strictly though..this is from the forum rules section, not specifically the classifieds..

Posting pics

Read this post if you want to post pictures. Click Here
Pics should be no more than 800 pixels wide x 600 pixels tall to keep upload times of the pages reasonable.
Pictures (including avatars) should not be sexually suggestive or have any nudity.

Resizing pics

If you are not great with computers and can't resize pics here is a simple suggestion. Click Here
allanon1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 08:20 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 801RYAN View Post
What a joke....I can post the same size image in build threads but for some bull shit reason not in the classifieds refund my 20 bucks if i can't post a freaking add with out jumping though hoops for the image nazi
What a joke?

Okey dokey, I'll be sure to completely deny your classifieds posts from now on instead of taking the extra time to remove any oversized images and post remainder of ad for you because you're too inconsiderate of lazy to follow the forum rules.

As for your same oversized images posted in build threads etc..., yeah, those are oversized too and there's only so much time in a day and mostly we rely on adults taking the time to follow a few simple rules put forth and not have to police every image.

Believe it or not a great majority of forum members still have crappy internet connections and oversized images slow their page loading emmensely. Not too mention when someone posts an oversized image, the rest of the correctly sized images then get smaller because the vBulletin system as shrinking the rest of the page to accommodate the oversized image/images.

There's many other reasons too the forum has a size rule of 800 pixels wide by 600 pixels tall or smaller.

Deleting your oversized images is not freeking out.
You posting this little rant however is.

The rules were in place long before you donated your $20 and they won't be changed just because you think you're above he rules.

Have a great night
THX_138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 08:48 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Are you having problems resizing?
On Most Windows XP OS it has a Photo editing program..

There are a few extra steps I take..
Load to home, Edit at home and save on Photobucket and
post here..
Don't get too Overly excited.. I've received the same message before..
Fixed issue and all was good..
Zukiiholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 09:23 PM   #5

i should know this... but if you upload an image to the site using the sites upload feature, is it automatically resized?
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 09:41 PM   #6

I do not believe so.

Pretty sure that all images need to be saved to photo album of the users PC, laptop, tablet, phone in correct size before loading them here albeit directly or utilizing an outside image host.

I kinda think maybe 2&1/2-3 years ago they auto corrected when loading here using the sites upload feature, but pretty sure it doesn't happen like that any more.
THX_138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 10:09 PM   #7

testing.

this is the first time my dog saw cows. something literally woke up inside him the instant he saw them.

original size 3264x1836
Attached Images

Old 10-16-2016, 10:14 PM   #8

resized it to 1200x675

personally, unless the pics are huge i dont mind. the thing i hate about huge pics is it makes the copy rag the length of the largest image posted on that page.

that said... if there is one place where 800x600 should be enforced as well as all the other rules, its the bst.
Old 10-16-2016, 10:39 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

The forum software will automatically resize pictures uploaded if the tab is checked by an administrator. Good luck getting one to show up around here unless it's for a moment to add another advertiser to the banner.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 08:32 AM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhoopty View Post
this is the first time my dog saw cows. something literally woke up inside him the instant he saw them.
It's like you can tell what he's thinking. "Whoa, I have found my meaning in life and got sh!t to do man".

Good looking dog btw. Is he mixed or full breed?
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 08:44 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

I plopped this one into my forum code years ago. Works a treat and allows for rules ignorance (and cuts down on Mod time).

nCode Image Resizer
imthatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 09:06 AM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
testing.

original size 3264x1836
He suddenly felt this overwhelming urge to herd?
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 09:21 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

I'm glad SBG did so because I posted lots of pictures without editing them. I did it on rccralwer also! However THX_138 pulled me aside and educated me. I think I've got them all fixed now. Just follow the rules and remember we all make mistakes. Life goes on.
Fish

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Last edited by snapon boy; 10-17-2016 at 09:53 AM.
snapon boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 10:38 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSP View Post
It's like you can tell what he's thinking. "Whoa, I have found my meaning in life and got sh!t to do man".

Good looking dog btw. Is he mixed or full breed?
full-on blue heeler. his name is dog.

smart little dude.
Old 10-17-2016, 11:21 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX_138 View Post
What a joke?

Okey dokey, I'll be sure to completely deny your classifieds posts from now on instead of taking the extra time to remove any oversized images and post remainder of ad for you because you're too inconsiderate of lazy to follow the forum rules.

As for your same oversized images posted in build threads etc..., yeah, those are oversized too and there's only so much time in a day and mostly we rely on adults taking the time to follow a few simple rules put forth and not have to police every image.

Believe it or not a great majority of forum members still have crappy internet connections and oversized images slow their page loading emmensely. Not too mention when someone posts an oversized image, the rest of the correctly sized images then get smaller because the vBulletin system as shrinking the rest of the page to accommodate the oversized image/images.

There's many other reasons too the forum has a size rule of 800 pixels wide by 600 pixels tall or smaller.
Thanks for your post. It clicked me, how easy it is for us users to overlook forum rules and at the same time, unkown to the amount of work that is done by mods to keep it clean for us to use. Sometimes we forget social responsibility which also applies to forum use and not just real life.

Its suprises me to know that, a majority of users have crappy internet. I knew I had . My broadband was lost due to buildings coming up and a lot of changes to infrastructure. My current network provider gives 2G only. From January 2017, 1 GB of 4G data will cost us less than a dollar (0.75 usd) and thats super cheap.

Quote:

Cow in road

Last time I saw him was on someones lap, a little pup you had just got back then.

Dogs grow fast. Their innocence and little size is lost in like 6 months.

He is a smart looking dog.
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 01:28 PM   #16
No idea what I'm doing

Check your camera/phone settings. Just because you can take a 10MB picture, doesn't mean you have to.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 08:25 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX_138 View Post
I do not believe so.

Pretty sure that all images need to be saved to photo album of the users PC, laptop, tablet, phone in correct size before loading them here albeit directly or utilizing an outside image host.

I kinda think maybe 2&1/2-3 years ago they auto corrected when loading here using the sites upload feature, but pretty sure it doesn't happen like that any more.
No, it doesn't, that's why I got the pm on oversize. Now I set my camera to the right size before I take pics and upload to site.
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 08:40 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

Thanks for all the tips and info guys .. I had no clue you could adjust the size before you even took the picture. I'm going to look into that..

Ate a Snickers felling better...
801RYAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 09:11 AM   #19
~THE SCALE SHOP~

i have to agree with OP here. 800x 600 size pics are so 1997. were not running 15" CRT 4 x 3 monitors anymore with 1024 resolution.

pic size needs to be updated with the times.
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 09:52 AM   #20
MODERATOR™

Some of us aren't using huge monitors. Or even on my iPhone n iPod most pictures are ****ed up. Mostly yours, Stangkilla. I stopped reading your racing thread because of it.

It comes across to me as lazy that people don't resize their shit. It ain't hard to do.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#thumbnails, party like it's 1995, snibblingcrybaby, stfu

Image size in classifieds - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Image test Hobine Testing 1 2 3 0 07-11-2012 11:43 AM
Click the image to open in full size. Duuuuuuuude Chit Chat 11 12-13-2011 08:51 AM
Image attachments jason Comments, Suggestions, and Help 7 01-25-2011 04:56 PM
Image is everything Locked Up Chit Chat 23 11-06-2008 09:36 PM