Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Painting recommendations, non-r/c

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2017, 02:42 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Painting recommendations, non-r/c

Picked this up from a nearby Hy-Vee yesterday and I want to try and detail paint it, possibly painting the eyes, nose/brows, nose bone, teeth, and tribal markings in glow in the dark paint. It was made by Cool Gear and is a fairly soft, BPA Free plastic.

Cool Gear | 16oz tiki tumbler | Tabletop Entertaining, Drink Dispensers, Water Jugs, Freezable

New thing to try and paint. by bjoehandley, on Flickr

Any Suggestions as to what I can use?

Last edited by BJoe; 07-09-2017 at 02:51 PM.
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2017, 03:59 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Painting recommendations, non-r/c

Soft plastic, I'd say acrylic or polycarbonate paints just so you have that flexibility in case you pinch or drop it, at least the base coat. Start out with a primer so you get something down so the other paints will stick to it.

Funny you should mention Hy-Vee, A buddy told me about them and their huge selection of brats, went there Friday.
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 05:06 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I've been thinking acrylic just because I plain on using to drink from, as well as it possibly being easier to find glow in the dark paints in acrylic vs lacquer or enamel paint. Not sure if I want to brush paint or air brush and maybe go more "realistic" in appearance, outside of the glow in the dark, or just go crazy and use metallics and pearls on it.

If you also went to the Sycamore/Dekalb store, that had to be a decent haul to get there for you, it's a good 45-60 minutes from here in West Chicago! What did you think of the place too? While I was only born there, my folks were born and raised in Iowa and Hy-Vee is a staple there and the first time Mom has been to one on at least a year and even more so for that that store.
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 06:51 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Ya, my buddy is originally from Cedar Rapids, and when he heard there was one in Sycamore, he and his wife shop there a lot. He was telling me about pineapple brats, and I figured that would be good and mild for my wife, as she can't handle spicy food, so I went to pick some up. They were ok, but I'm not use to eating sweet brats, even though I put yellow mustard on them, but the wife loved them.

Their butcher shop is the best. Jewel doesn't do custom cut meats anymore, but these guys do, also their prices on steak were real good. They had 4 inch round, wrapped in bacon, 2 inch thick tenderloins for $2.99, and the filets wrapped in bacon were $4.99 each, so I picked up a couple of each. When I went to Jewel to find some filets to cook up for the 4th, they were $7.99 each. When I got there around noon Friday, the parking lot was packed, but they have everything well organized, and easy to find, so people were moving in and out of the store, and they had a grill going with brats and dogs cooking at the entrance.

When I went there Friday, I was coming from Genoa, Wisconsin. But on the way back, I went straight back to Streamwood, maybe 35-40 minutes, 23 left to Peace/Plank Rd, Plank Rd to 20 east, straight into Streamwood. I had a day off Friday, and wasn't traveling during rush hours.
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote

Painting recommendations, non-r/c - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need Recommendations 864runner Axial Wraith 10 05-05-2016 07:36 PM
Recommendations NCSDRacing Newbie General 7 01-17-2012 11:02 PM
Recommendations sabohead Electronics 5 12-19-2010 03:31 PM
Painting Basics - Painting Tips and Tricks stampedeproject Paint and Body 0 03-09-2008 10:39 PM